Back from the cyber land of hate.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Back from the cyber land of hate.

Postby CU Baker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

All life is, is a coming and a going so we might as well enjoy what is inbetween. Glad your back.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am

all these welcome backs.....cant even tell you ALL what they mean to me...precious.

i was looking at a new roll of 2012 ASES (YEAH!!!) and the 'welcome backs' are worth more to my heart than that roll. no bs.

sure the roll is worth a lot, but thats in the physical realm, fellowship with others?...priceless. Coz money cant buy that, EVEN in the cyber realm, where all are scattered about this good land.....its a precious thing, even MORE SO in the cyber realm, where folks feel free to hammer on another, we, here, can change that "CD"...play another tune, entitled "respect".

dont mean to sermonize....just what i feel.

you know what i was thinking of doing, if its okay?...ummm, i cant buy anymore rolls for a spell. (i CAN, if i want to rack up CC debt, but i dont)...maybe i can post, the rolls of Ag, that i really like on Ebay?

i know a lot of guys deal with Tulving and others, like Kitco...i never have, they're undoubtably good companies...i dont know why, i just Ag roll buying on Ebay, and i watch rolls constantly, see where they trade. i even got to know some of the sellers, i know who's a square joe, and who's not. Thankfully in 228 transactions, i NEVER had a bum deal.

maybe call it "Weekly Ebay Rolls"...and please dont think i'm shilling for anybody, heck, i live in township with 152 souls, i'm way off the beaten path.

so yeh, thats what i'll too...that'll be my contribution. At least you wont have me bidding against you. (laughing....i can get crazy...bidding)

much respect to all you gentlemen, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm

neilgin1, A big fat "Welcome Back"!

As far as the prepping stuff, I hear you. I have watched a lot of that stuff on youtube and frankly, it scared the wits out of me. There is a level of insanity there with some of the more extreme (clinical, I mean it) to the point where on any given day, we the people were either going to be quarantined by the government in concentration camps, starved by the new world order or forced to our knees by...you guessed it...extraterestrials. Shoot, I'll stick to PMs.

As far as the banding price action of Ag, you are right on. The longer it strays out teasing us, the bigger the pop. Like a wick leading to the TNT. And those nice rolls showing up on ebay by sellers you've never seen? I think your trading experience and prowess knows, it's called the shake out. Shake out the final weak hands leaving only the strong hands and smart money.

Keep posting man. You're the best.

And keep stacking!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 pm

cesariojpn wrote:
SilverDragon72 wrote:The Cyber land of hate?

Internet Hate Machine.

Yep. I knew that one! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:57 am

silverflake wrote:As far as the prepping stuff, I hear you. I have watched a lot of that stuff on youtube and frankly, it scared the wits out of me. There is a level of insanity there with some of the more extreme (clinical, I mean it) to the point where on any given day, we the people were either going to be quarantined by the government in concentration camps, starved by the new world order or forced to our knees by...you guessed it...extraterestrials. Shoot, I'll stick to PMs.

The common thread in many of these guys it seems is that they focus on one scenario and then over-prepare themselves for that one event and not take into account other factors. Or are so self-absorbed in their specific preparations that they inevitably refuse further help and expose massive flaws in their preps that will render them useless and vulnerable.

I guarantee you, with maybe one exception (the guy that relies on foraging nature to feed him, but even that has some pitfalls that was pointed out to him and made some sense), the "preppers" on the show Doomsday Preppers are idiots. Whether it be as minor as how they "bug out" (The guy in fear of EMP blasts....drives a Jeep that is chock-full of electronics that could get fried in an EMP blast) to ridiculous planning (really, who the f*** is dumb enough to go on NATIONAL TELEVISION advertising the fact that you're making pipe bombs and untaxed alcohol even under an assumed name? Or reveals that they have $30K IN SILVER on their property?) it shows that people aren't too smart when the going get's tough.

I think what i'm trying to say is, prepare, but don't let it get to your head. You can't be ready for most things, but you should try to be ready for many things as humanly possible.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 am

cesariojpn wrote:The common thread in many of these guys it seems is that they focus on one scenario and then over-prepare themselves for that one event and not take into account other factors. Or are so self-absorbed in their specific preparations that they inevitably refuse further help and expose massive flaws in their preps that will render them useless and vulnerable.

I know many preppers. Its a minority atleast among those I know that are as your describing.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 am

cesariojpn wrote:
silverflake wrote:As far as the prepping stuff, I hear you. I have watched a lot of that stuff on youtube and frankly, it scared the wits out of me. There is a level of insanity there with some of the more extreme (clinical, I mean it) to the point where on any given day, we the people were either going to be quarantined by the government in concentration camps, starved by the new world order or forced to our knees by...you guessed it...extraterestrials. Shoot, I'll stick to PMs.

The common thread in many of these guys it seems is that they focus on one scenario and then over-prepare themselves for that one event and not take into account other factors. Or are so self-absorbed in their specific preparations that they inevitably refuse further help and expose massive flaws in their preps that will render them useless and vulnerable.

I guarantee you, with maybe one exception (the guy that relies on foraging nature to feed him, but even that has some pitfalls that was pointed out to him and made some sense), the "preppers" on the show Doomsday Preppers are idiots. Whether it be as minor as how they "bug out" (The guy in fear of EMP blasts....drives a Jeep that is chock-full of electronics that could get fried in an EMP blast) to ridiculous planning (really, who the f*** is dumb enough to go on NATIONAL TELEVISION advertising the fact that you're making pipe bombs and untaxed alcohol even under an assumed name? Or reveals that they have $30K IN SILVER on their property?) it shows that people aren't too smart when the going get's tough.

I think what i'm trying to say is, prepare, but don't let it get to your head. You can't be ready for most things, but you should try to be ready for many things as humanly possible.

CJ, i cannot agree woth more...WHY, why on earth any SERIOUS prepper would even deign to allow their lives to be splayed out NATIONWIDE, is absolutely beyond me......not to mention its a total violation of any OPSEC considerations.

can i tell you what i learned about the prepper and wannabe prepper community?....they are SO gripped with fear, and its my opinion on two matters, first, you MUST be comfortable with the reality, that this body of ours, will die, and if you're okay with that, via Faith, however you get there....thats so crucial to actually prepping....and second, one MUST wean themselves AWAY from fear.....that IS the whole thing in a nutshell, fear must be conquered......LIVE LIFE, and live it abuntandly!!! LAUGH!! make love, give love. know what i mean?

i've been "bugged out" for almost two years now, but i didnt bug coz i was IN FEAR....i bugged coz i love RURAL, and was in the position to do it, and dont think i'm not grateful to God for every moment i get to wake up, and see a doe and two fawns eating clover 30 feet from this desk i type at....and know what?...in these two years, i have made some REAL friendships...people i adore. my neighbors? just over the ridge, we have football family suppers at their house, and there house?...to me?....it feels like home...my county has maybe 25,000 people, the county seat has 4,000 souls...and i know a lot of them and they know me....its nice to walk into the grocery store, a big one, or the Wally world, and people actually nod and say "hey, how you doing?" to each other.

i cannot reccommend the rural life highly enough to ya'll....its a good life. if you can get out. But do i advertise my "preps"?...no, that would be unwise, thats not WHO i am, thats does NOT 'define' me. No! i'm a writer, i'm an American and God willing when i pass, may people say and think of me, "he was a good man, he had honor". thats where i aim MY ARROW.

let me share something with anybody that cares to view it....i have ex-Royal Marine Commando friends, fine guys, salt of the earth, and i watched this 3 minute video, and IN IT, contains EVERYTHING one should grasp, if they want to seriously "prep"....i hope this benefits all you guys, God bless you all....pray for my "pen", there's a series of books i got brewing in my soul, and no, they are not about "prepping".....neil

here's the video, "Making of a Royal Marine Commando "....4 minutes of your time, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk750Wzhvo4
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

Honestly you guys were hanging out with the wrong preppers. The bulk I know arent full of fear. why would they be? they are able to care for themselves through most things, thus leaving them better equipped to live life fully. You guys seem to be talking about what used to be called "survivalists"... before the prepper movement even started. Hang out with homesteading preppers next time. Its simply a way of life. Not mice hiding in a filled bomb shelter.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 am

Treetop wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:The common thread in many of these guys it seems is that they focus on one scenario and then over-prepare themselves for that one event and not take into account other factors. Or are so self-absorbed in their specific preparations that they inevitably refuse further help and expose massive flaws in their preps that will render them useless and vulnerable.

I know many preppers. Its a minority atleast among those I know that are as your describing.

Tree, dont make any of my writings as a dimunition of what you testify to...thats not my heart, maybe i ran thru, via net, a group of folks who aint really there....up here?...in the great white north?....maybe folks up here are just "born" preppers, naturals, coz when you have to drive 25 miles to get to a grocery store....you live different and HAVE more than 14 days food in your abode.

i just didnt want you to think, i was smash mouthing 'preppers' as a whole, we cool? neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am

Treetop wrote:Honestly you guys were hanging out with the wrong preppers. The bulk I know arent full of fear. why would they be? they are able to care for themselves through most things, thus leaving them better equipped to live life fully. You guys seem to be talking about what used to be called "survivalists"... before the prepper movement even started. Hang out with homesteading preppers next time. Its simply a way of life. Not mice hiding in a filled bomb shelter.

amen........i like this line, "Not mice hiding in a filled bomb shelter"....agreed! no mice, i got bait bars laid out in the "bunker" should they decide to nest down there..hahhahah......OH, i despise rodentia!!....with a PASSION!! hhahahha
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 am

neil, I like you even if you DO think all preppers are as nuts as those you met. Your a good guy. i dont need to agree with someone 100% to like them. this aint highschool! lol.

I just wanted to clear up mis conceptios. Not all of us are like that! It is indeed a way of life for many. Most I know arent sitting in fear. they simply take their life into their own hands. something you seem to do as well. seriously, if you ever decide to join another forum, pick one with a homesteading theme. You should find the bulk arent as you described.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm

welcome back, ya old hibernator... you beat Pawxatawny Phil by a good couple of months :lol: As far as the newer sellers on ebay? Deaths, inheritances, retirements, the economy ... will all continue to grind down strong hands into weak hands. There will be fewer and fewer of the "old" strong hands as time goes on, but there will be fresh blood to replace them.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm

beauanderos wrote:welcome back, ya old hibernator... you beat Pawxatawny Phil by a good couple of months :lol: As far as the newer sellers on ebay? Deaths, inheritances, retirements, the economy ... will all continue to grind down strong hands into weak hands. There will be fewer and fewer of the "old" strong hands as time goes on, but there will be fresh blood to replace them.

hey Ray, you saver of life.........i love it up here, its.........sweet.

yeh, i didnt know what to make of all the new sellers...they 'seem' okay......there was a dream roll of 1932 Washington BU's for offer, but it traded to $750, and i didnt feel like paying $100 an ounce. Thats the first stop of Ag anyway imo, but.........i still cannot forget the roll of GEM/Bu 1936 Wash's that i lost coz i was too stupid to amp my bid by $30, and they traded at $157...much like i cant forget the Belgian FN-FAL i didnt buy for $600 in 97, coz i didnt want to get yelled at for "buying more 'guns' "......they're worth 2500 now.

oh well.

Wally World IS offering an M400 Sig Sauer 5.56 tac rifle for 867 on black thursday...i might have to get that. its that show, "The Walking Dead"..........cant have zombies wandering the ranch, got to put them DOWN. n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Just got an M400 myself a couple weeks ago for about that price.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

68Camaro wrote:Just got an M400 myself a couple weeks ago for about that price.

sweet.......how is it? worth me putting it on a CC?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am

I'm happy with the relatively discounted price for sig name and quality. But others are liking the SW MP15 for $200 less. I went with my gut.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

68Camaro wrote:I'm happy with the relatively discounted price for sig name and quality. But others are liking the SW MP15 for $200 less. I went with my gut.

good enough for me...
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals