#22 Dime wheel

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

#22 Dime wheel

Postby cuppoor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am

How many of you guys use the Ryedale for dime sorting? I recently picked up the #22 wheel from Andy and wish I would have done it much sooner. $1K run yielded me 9 pre-'65s. Unfortunately my dump bank's coin counter counted 500ish of those as pennies and now I have to deal with that. It really blows the profit margin when that happens.
cuppoor
Penny Sorter Member

Re: #22 Dime wheel

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 am

So you are the source of all the dimes we get when we are sorting pennies . :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 am

Next time pay attention to the dollar led while you're dumping. If you see it counting as pennies stop and go somewhere else. Normally when the machine is serviced it should fix it.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Bluegill » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:06 pm

This is why I stopped dumping dimes in the coin counters years ago. I lost over $12 in a $1000 dump. I had just started, when I saw the counter itemizing frickin' pennies. Luckily I was able to stop the machine and demanded the manager let me retrieve the dimes still in the machine that hadn't been counted yet. At the dime to penny ratio it was going at, I have no doubt I would have lost hundreds of dollars.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 pm

When things go bad with a dime dump, they tend to go REALLY bad really fast.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals