Vintage vs Scrap

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Vintage vs Scrap

Postby OtusLotus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a few items that are sterling silver, and I believe that are worth more than the scrap price I will most likely receive.

I need to sell them.

Where would one go to get what I believe is the vintage price of the item(s)?
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Vintage vs Scrap

Postby NHsorter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm

eBay might be good. You'll have the fees, but it'll get you the audience. If you can gauge the value somehow, like with similar eBay completed auctions, then you might be better off trying to list it here in the RealCent BuyItNow section to avoid fees. If you don't get any bites, then list it on eBay. That is what I think I would do, FWIW.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm

NHsorter wrote:eBay might be good. You'll have the fees, but it'll get you the audience. If you can gauge the value somehow, like with similar eBay completed auctions, then you might be better off trying to list it here in the RealCent BuyItNow section to avoid fees. If you don't get any bites, then list it on eBay. That is what I think I would do, FWIW.

That is how I would do it.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 am

OtusLotus wrote:I have a few items that are sterling silver, and I believe that are worth more than the scrap price I will most likely receive.

I need to sell them.

What do yo have? specifically. This is my expertise. I am a live auctioneer, and antique dealer specializing in sterling silver that dates from 1750-1990's. Tell me what you have I will offer you my best advice.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

frugi wrote:
OtusLotus wrote:I have a few items that are sterling silver, and I believe that are worth more than the scrap price I will most likely receive.

I need to sell them.

What do yo have? specifically. This is my expertise. I am a live auctioneer, and antique dealer specializing in sterling silver that dates from 1750-1990's. Tell me what you have I will offer you my best advice.

Oh yeah! I would give frugi a shot before I went to eBay with the stuff. :thumbup:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals