Kitco pooled accounts

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Kitco pooled accounts

Postby coppertone » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm looking at the information for the pooled accounts at Kitco. I'm aware of the danger of an unallocated account but if PM's enter a sidewise trend for a few months or more they do offer an opportunity to buy and sell the fluctuations even though buying physical metal is still my main focus. I also do not have any 0.999 bullion coins or rounds and maybe I can lower my cost by saving up for a larger order to reduce shipping cost but still tie my money to PM's. Does anyone here have a pooled account at Kitco that they use for these purposes? Just looking for comments and opinions. Thanks
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Kitco pooled accounts

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 pm

like you already know, holding physical bullion is the best way to go

having said that, i have had money in the kitco pool a couple different times

i have a hard time letting go of physical silver

so with the money in the pool account i could make a profit without having to actually ship off any bullion

i never had more than a few hundred in there - i emptied my account when silver got to $25

if i were you, id just go ahead and get started buying physical as you can
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Re: Kitco pooled accounts

Postby Treetop » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:52 pm

If your interested in trading that way I suggest looking up bullion direct. Ive known people who do very well there, and never had issues. including people who previously used kitco and other things, but like bullion direct better.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals