Silver Education

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Education

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 am

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Education

Postby Saabman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks Shinnosuke!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

This is wonderful. I have often wondered what the most common industrial uses were, and whether they "destroyed" the metal's possibilities for future use... I see they have done the same thing with gold.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby goodcents » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

I will use this for my friends who don't always understand what I'm trying to convey when I say "Buy silver" because....
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby bhfontenot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.
bhfontenot
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Verbane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 am

That makes the case for landfill mining. Get in on the bottom floor of this future growth industry, buy land from landfill reclamation projects. Make sure the mineral rights are deeded to the property.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 am

I thought the same thing. What type of items would be the most likely to be "mined" from a landfill though? I can't imagine that people were tossing out real silverware back in the day?? Anyone have any insight on PM containing items that could be found with regularity?

This also reminds me that I need to try to somehow locate where the outhouse was located at my house. I have heard that a lot of coins fell in those holes and the poo is just dirt now so it's not even a big deal to excavate and search. Old bottles sometimes too I hear.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals