Fiscal Cliff

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Fiscal Cliff

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 pm

BamaJoe wrote:
amalekidad wrote: I must be a nut job for working hard and not wanting to share with those that ‘choose’ not to work hard….

Nut Job? You are being much too kind to yourself. You're an inconsiderate, antisocial, selfish, anti-american SOB for actually believing that you have a right to keep what you work for instead of it being stolen from you and given to the lazy, worthless, pos thieves to supply their "needs" and the "needs" of their ever growing number of bastards.

And that, boys and girls, is today's lesson from our Continuing Education course entitled Subtlety 101. Please join us tomorrow when BamaJoe tells us how the infernal and wretched scum that inhabits the halls of the illegal and immoral Federal Reserve are lower than whale dung in the Mariana Trench at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, in the warmest, kindest, friendliest way, of course.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
BamaJoe wrote:
amalekidad wrote: I must be a nut job for working hard and not wanting to share with those that ‘choose’ not to work hard….

Nut Job? You are being much too kind to yourself. You're an inconsiderate, antisocial, selfish, anti-american SOB for actually believing that you have a right to keep what you work for instead of it being stolen from you and given to the lazy, worthless, pos thieves to supply their "needs" and the "needs" of their ever growing number of bastards.

And that, boys and girls, is today's lesson from our Continuing Education course entitled Subtlety 101. Please join us tomorrow when BamaJoe tells us how the infernal and wretched scum that inhabits the halls of the illegal and immoral Federal Reserve are lower than whale dung in the Mariana Trench at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, in the warmest, kindest, friendliest way, of course.

One of these days I'm going to cut loose with a real diatribe instead of being so diplomatic about my feelings.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am

(In a wimpy nasal lisp)

These posts are a perfect example of what divides us. Until we all agree that you are wrong, and are willing to share,the country cannot heal itself.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 am

I am humbled by the learned opinions given on this thread. I can feel my consciousness being extended into infinity by such wise sages of enlightenment.

Embrace the fiscal cliff. It's a good thing.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/ ... thing.html
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am

You will be assimilated by the Borg... er, Bernank
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 am

Darn, I forgot about the world ending next month.. just slipped my mind. That is not enough time.. I still have pennies to sort. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Engineer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:19 pm

I can't turn on the fluffing TV without hearing about the big bad fiscal cliff. :roll:

So some tax cuts are set to expire...and it's a national emergency. Really?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:47 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Darn, I forgot about the world ending next month.. just slipped my mind. That is not enough time.. I still have pennies to sort. :mrgreen:

Well, hurry up already! Time is running out!!! :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Let's just dive over the cliff and get it over with already! I don't believe our country will suffer greatly as a result...
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 am

SilverDragon72 wrote:Let's just dive over the cliff and get it over with already! I don't believe our country will suffer greatly as a result...

I agree. It raises taxes a little bit. Makes across the board cuts which will reduce the deficit. Otherwise those cuts will NEVER be make. I think it might be just what this country needs.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Aren't these tax rates just a return to the Clinton era? I seem to remember how the economy was BOOMING back then....rich people still got richer!

Come to think of it....we had unprecented growth in our economy during the 50's, 60's and most of the 70's, historically. Isn't when the tax rates were at their highest?

Fiscal cliff? Nonsense! Just another financial false flag, IMO.

Keep on stacking! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slvrbck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Anybody else getting the feeling that those in government know that we are sooo fu*&ed that they are not even trying to fix things anymore?
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 pm

I do feel that way sometimes. I believe the mess has gotten so out of hand, that no matter what happens now....we have reached the tipping point :(

When you are talking multi TRILLION dollar amounts....does it really matter anymore?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 pm

My question is who has all that money in hand, or is it out there in cyberland? My personal opinion is we all just forget about it and start over again. I'm sure we could get ourselves back there in a hurry. :lol:
Last edited by silver on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hades12 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Is this real Debt or owed to SS? as in they can cancel SS and clear the debt?
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 am

Both sides of the isle in Congress want to go over the fiscal cliff, on one condition. The other side gets all the blame.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 am

Are you guys talking about a regular Fiscal Cliff, or the Looming Fiscal Cliff...which seems to be the media enhanced version of current events. A cliff can be made scarier if it's looming.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:10 am

Oh, it's "Looming" all right. But the disaster they're all talking about ain't going to happen in the sense they all suggest it might. They will kick this can down the road some more and won't let "that" disaster happen right now (and they will all slap each other on the back about their "success"). But... meanwhile... other things are going on....

I liken it to being on train, in the dining car, where a table of big-shots is arguing about who is going to pay for the expensive meal and all the champagne that's been drunk on who's overdrawn credit card. While all the drama is going on and everyone's neck is turned watching the argument at the big table, none of the passengers (nor crew members) are paying attention to the real looming disaster ahead, which is the bridge we are about to go over is collapsed and it's too late to stop the train, and we are about to all die....
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:22 am

+1 68...good analogy.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 am

SilverDragon72 wrote:Aren't these tax rates just a return to the Clinton era? I seem to remember how the economy was BOOMING back then....rich people still got richer!

Come to think of it....we had unprecented growth in our economy during the 50's, 60's and most of the 70's, historically. Isn't when the tax rates were at their highest?

Fiscal cliff? Nonsense! Just another financial false flag, IMO.

Keep on stacking! :thumbup:

I'll play. I agree whole-heartedly. If we go back to the Clinton Era tax rates AND SPENDING LEVELS, I think it's a great idea. But these kittens won't cut spending anywhere.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:55 am

OneBiteAtATime wrote: But these kittens won't cut spending anywhere.

AGREED they won't make any spending cuts and they will raise the debt ceiling again. That's why I think the fiscal cliff is probably the only thing that will get us headed in the right direction. Because both sides can blame the other for the spending cuts because they will me mandatory.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby amalekidad » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 pm

I saw a documentary over the weekend, ‘How Did Money Loose It’s Value.’ It was all about our fiat system. One of the things stated in the documentary was: ‘When we go over the Fiscal Cliff, it will HELP third world countries by redistributing the wealth of the US to the rest of the world.’

I don’t understand how lowering our standard of living helps other’s live better. It must be like BamaJoe says – I ain’t done been re-edumacated enough.

Come on guys, help me out here, I thought that I work hard so that me and my family can live well. I DO pay lots of taxes. I DO contribute lots to charity, over 10% of my GROSS income (a bunch of service hours too.) What am I missing here? At present I choose to work 40 – 60 hours a week. I even have myself set up so that I’m paid by the hour. Every hour I work I get paid. If I don’t work :arrow: NO money. Why would those that choose to work 0 – 20 hours a week have a right to the same ‘income/standard of living’ that I have?

I could go on but I choose to limit my ranting to less than 3 paragraphs a day.

Thanks,
Amaleki’s Dad
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Hey, Amaleki has a great dad. Your words are only a rant to those who would be cut by them. Of course, everything you wrote is correct. However, we have entered the phase of our nation's history when people want free stuff to include the Obamaphone. This will only be corrected by one massive reset and I fear the die-off rate will be horrendous when that occurs. Mosiah was right when he said that it was contrary for the majority of the people to choose that which is wrong, but when that day comes, as it has in most of the world, watch out. We're going off a cliff. You're mileage may vary depending on where you live, if you speak Zombie, and if you are prepared.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 pm

amalekidad wrote:Why would those that choose to work 0 – 20 hours a week have a right to the same ‘income/standard of living’ that I have?

They vote.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 pm

The dem governor here said this morning our current State crisis is not a "deficit"; rather a $350 million dollar "shortfall". The idiot newsreader interviewing him only nodded and let it go unchallenged.

Bring on the Looming Fecal Cliff !!! :P
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals