Update Pick a box. Clad IKES

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Update Pick a box. Clad IKES

Postby uthminsta » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:The other boxes had gold, frankincense and myrrh. Tell her next time to pick the heaviest box and avoid the smelliest one. :mrgreen:

Nice reference Hoard.
NDFarmer wrote:With my luck my sister would have gotten the box with the gold in it, my brother would have gotten the box with the silver in it and I have would have gotten the box with the clad Kennedy's and zinc pennies in it. :lol:

And I would have gotten the box with rocks in it.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pick a box.

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 am

henrysmedford wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:That story...that picture...this has got to be one of the cruelest threads ever started on realcent. Open the box!!! You know you want to...Please, I beg of you. Open the dang box.

I know but as the saying go "Happy wife happy life" I working on getting the OK to open it up.
The coast is great .

amen...you're a smart man, smarter than me. 22.6 gms against 24.6 gms...what will it be?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Pick a box.

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 am

henrysmedford wrote:We got clad IKES and SBA dollars. :D It was a fun day . Maybe next time.

oh.....well.......better than a stick in the eye.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 am

4 bit wrote:It's fun to search for Ike varieties like the 1971D Friendly Eagle, the 1972 Type 2, and the various peg legs and talon heads. The Ike Group has information about varieties and how to identify them. I've still yet to find a 1972 Type 2.

Well, Ike is my favorite President, but as far as the coins, the only thing i care about is 22.6 gms vs. 24.6 gms. lol
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Well, Ike is my favorite President, but as far as the coins, the only thing i care about is 22.6 gms vs. 24.6 gms. lol

You've said that twice now. What do you mean by it? I'm confused.
uthminsta

Postby NHsorter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:30 pm

cupronickel vs silver
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm

AH! now my stupid question has been answered... for all those others to learn too.
uthminsta

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm

uthminsta wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:Well, Ike is my favorite President, but as far as the coins, the only thing i care about is 22.6 gms vs. 24.6 gms. lol

You've said that twice now. What do you mean by it? I'm confused.

22.6 gms is clad, 24.6 gms is 40% silver, the blue (unc) or the brown(proof)...in the 40%'ers, i've seen deviation from 24.0 to 25.0 gms.

the only place it will really affect one is in the 73-s and 74-s blue and brown ikes....for some reason, (i think its coz Ike couldnt stand tricky dick, so nixon had the mint roger Ike one, after the President was dead) in those two years, they minted both clads and 40's....right here in front of me, i got a 73-s CLAD Proof...the only way i was able to discern it was the weight....22.6 gms
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals