Silver Santa.. Again?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Santa.. Again?

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 pm

So where are all the Silver Santa stories I like reading about? Last week I shared my Silver Santa story with you. I figured that would be it for me for a couple of years.. but guess what? Today I stopped off at the same bank to pay my mortgage and maybe pick up a few coins. I have to admit to making a rookie mistake. They had $100 in dimes and $20 in pennies for me. I only had $85 on me after paying the mortgage.. so like a true penny hoarder.. and a guy not expecting lightning to strike twice.. I bought the $20 in pennies and only $65 in dimes. The bank was open for another hour, but I didn't feel like going over to the other bank's ATM and pulling out more money to buy the rest of the dimes.

So this evening I open up the dime rolls and 5 of the 13 rolls are solid silver! Another visit from the Silver Santa! Now I know I have been good, but I never expected this. Now I have to make arrangements to have someone pick up those other 7 rolls of dimes. I can't believe I didn't go get money to buy the rest of those dimes, or pack enough with me in the first place. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Re: Silver Santa.. Again?

Postby rsk1963 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 pm

:clap: :clap:
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 am

The silver scrooge has been at my favorite pickup bank. :(
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Romalae » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:34 am

You better go first thing tomorrow morning and buy them out of their dimes before anyone else gets their hands on them... an opportunity like that shouldn't be passed up in vain! Good luck and congrats on the silver score. I wish something like that would happen in my area. Silver percentages have been so dry for me lately (apart from a strange influx of war nickels).
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:43 am

It's funny that I would leave dimes there. I am always the one telling folks to capitalize on a silver streak. Bank is closed tomorrow, but I will be there Monday morning to get the rest of the dimes. I will also buy every quarter and nickel roll in the place just to cover all the bases. I am thinking one of the tellers took in a lot of silver and they are selling to the vault a couple of racks at a time. I need to figure out which teller is holding dimes and tap the source. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Numis Pam » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am

Dang!!!! So....guess ur gonna start trying to Hoard ALL santa's silver too? :lol: :lol: ;)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Romalae » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:It's funny that I would leave dimes there. I am always the one telling folks to capitalize on a silver streak. Bank is closed tomorrow, but I will be there Monday morning to get the rest of the dimes. I will also buy every quarter and nickel roll in the place just to cover all the bases. I am thinking one of the tellers took in a lot of silver and they are selling to the vault a couple of racks at a time. I need to figure out which teller is holding dimes and tap the source. :mrgreen:

Oh right, I forgot that banks are closed tomorrow. But that is definitely a good idea to cover all the denominations just in case more fruits lie in wait for you. Keep us updated about what turns up on Monday.
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 am

I don't have any problem believing you found more silver. What I DO have a problem with is the fact that you expect us to believe that you have a mortgage!! :lol:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:08 am

NDFarmer wrote:I don't have any problem believing you found more silver. What I DO have a problem with is the fact that you expect us to believe that you have a mortgage!! :lol:

OK.. It is pretty low.. especially for California.. I have actually paid it in pennies before. The interest rate is 3.something percent. Why would I want to pay off a loan like that? Besides, I need writeoffs to help reduce that big tax bite. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby NoCents » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:00 am

I need to figure out which teller is holding dimes and tap the source.

Been awhile....Back in style! ;)
I like my guns the same way Obama likes is immigrants.....UNDOCUMENTED!!!!

NoCents User Feedback
NoCents
Penny Collector Member

Postby bman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:57 am

dang, I'm happy when I find ONE silver dime in a roll.... :P
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:22 am

NDFarmer wrote:What I DO have a problem with is the fact that you expect us to believe that you have a mortgage!!
Right! and Hoard you know the rules....pics or it didn't happen. In my house if you don't believe you don't receive..I believe!
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:29 pm

You lucky dog! Here is to the streak continuing! Maybe the next post could be "the 12 days of Christmas silver" ;)
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm

OK fasteddy.. I'll be good. Besides. I will never get tired of shooting pics like this. Different wrappers this time. No helpful hints like 1964 or Keep. They are making it a bit more challenging. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Romalae » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 pm

That's just a beauty to look at. What an amazing sight. The time will come for me to acquire something of that nature...hopefully.
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I used to turn copper into this.. before the big price rise. This is so much easier than sorting thousands and thousands of dollars in pennies, trying to sell off the copper, then buying silver at a reasonable price. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby NoCents » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 am

Can not living up to your S/N be a crime????

You're hoarding other than copper aye?

Naaaa... They got gay marriage legal hemp. All's good.
I like my guns the same way Obama likes is immigrants.....UNDOCUMENTED!!!!

NoCents User Feedback
NoCents
Penny Collector Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

SILVER WIN!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals