PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: PM Rally

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 am

For those that don't believe in manipulation, I firmly believe they are not only doing their normal deal (which I think JPM and others can make money on coming and going), but I believe we're seeing a concerted effort by TPTB to break the 11-year run of gold increasing in price year-over-year. I think they are trying to push the price down before end of next week to below the 2011 close, for psychological reasons.

DYODD
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Copper Member » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am

Too much conspiricy theorists for me. I think it's a simple result of some long termers selling before the end of year to pay less cap gains. Call me nuts.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 am

Whichever............
Loving how the dollar and PM's are dropping together.

With the fed pumping ONLY 85B a month into the system deflation is sure to ensue.
fb101

Postby Copper Member » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 am

Sure goes against logic.
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 am

Solid buy signals.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 am

Copper Member wrote:Too much conspiricy theorists for me. I think it's a simple result of some long termers selling before the end of year to pay less cap gains. Call me nuts.

before you dismiss manipulation... you might be wise to drift over and browse the netdania.com silver charts on a minute to minute basis. Precise drops... twenty minutes apart... three times... same volume. I guess that pretty much confirms that it's just people selling before the end of the year into what has already been a steep pullback. yep, that's it ;)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am

Oh yeah, and if I held a massive amount of silver, that's exactly the way I would sell it. Not...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

It's time to separate the men from the boys. They don't have the stones to take it below $26.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

Silver's in full retreat. Darn those rascally capital gain tax hikes! ;)
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby joemac » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 am

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:It's time to separate the men from the boys. They don't have the stones to take it below $26.

Concur
joemac
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Copper Member » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 am

Guys, I'm not even going to get into this. I hardly ever post here other to buy and sell. But I just get a kick out of the Real Cent "gurus" posting ambiguous posts about how silver is poised for a breakout unless there's a pull back and then that of course will show downside. Hell my 16 year old can predict that. If these people really knew what they were doing, do you think they would give that info away for free? Come on guys. Ah...I'm probably just in a bad mood today. No offense to anyone. Merry Christmas to all.
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

jonflyfish has been pretty accurate and has given free info several times.

Knowing and being 98% certain are different.
barrytrot

Postby Copper Member » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 am

ahh...Barry, I never mentioned names...
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I like zerohedge.com They always have relevant commentary on the nonsense that we call the markets. Nice article on what's going on lately:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-12-20/james-mcshirley-there-no-doubt-past-month-has-been-pre-planned-coordinated-at

Percentages...think about what this means.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

shinnosuke wrote:I like zerohedge.com They always have relevant commentary on the nonsense that we call the markets. Nice article on what's going on lately:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-12-20/james-mcshirley-there-no-doubt-past-month-has-been-pre-planned-coordinated-at

Percentages...think about what this means.

I like the tone.....
I'm not concerned unless they break the multi-year uptrend, but it does make me grumpy............
fb101

Postby scyther » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow, under $30 for the first time since... August? September? Something like that. Maybe I'll buy some... I like to avoid buying over $30.

Barry, are you still 100% certain it will not go below $26?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm still 100% certain that a full day under $25 is impossible, yes. I don't know why that would change as there is probably a few trillion dollars more in FIAT than when I originally made that statement and only a relatively small additional amount of silver.
barrytrot

Postby Treetop » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm

I lean towards believing in manipulation myself. As small as the silver market is it isnt as wild as it might sound imo. Whereas with gold I doubt it could get beyond "suggestions." We also have all these fake silver and gold vehicles as well. We all know many simply arent backed. I have no idea why they trade just like the actual metals do. We are talking PMs afterall, I would have thought PM investors wouldnt want fiat gold or silver. If these funds didnt exist and even half that money still went into funds actually fully backed the prices would be much higher. I do expect this system to fail at some point and many to be left with puffs of air rather then what they apparently thin they invested in, and a massive rise in physical as a result. When? dont ask me. this seems especially likely with silver.

and holy cow did I gauge the market wrong my last buy!!! I bought close to the top.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:10 pm

barrytrot wrote:I'm still 100% certain that a full day under $25 is impossible, yes. I don't know why that would change as there is probably a few trillion dollars more in FIAT than when I originally made that statement and only a relatively small additional amount of silver.

Good... that does make sense to me. Over the summer some people thought it might break that support, but it didn't happen. Coin shop it is!

...Although I might wait to see if it hits 26 again...
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Search the forum and you will see I NEVER wavered and posted when silver was in the low $26's reiterating my firm belief.
barrytrot

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am

barrytrot wrote:Search the forum and you will see I NEVER wavered and posted when silver was in the low $26's reiterating my firm belief.

LOL! I remember your posts from before and thought you were crazy. I think you might be a little less crazy now but we will see. Too many variables going on during the next couple weeks to determine what the reality will be. This is definitely a roller coaster ride.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 am

barrytrot wrote:Search the forum and you will see I NEVER wavered and posted when silver was in the low $26's reiterating my firm belief.

I know. I remember you saying that at the time and being right. Just wanted to make sure you still felt that way.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mflugher » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:23 pm

mflugher wrote:
68Camaro wrote:
God help us if $40B/month of NEW money generates blase responses. (And the money/coin generated by Treasury are, by and large, replacement amounts, not new money.)

Now its 2012 and I see people saying QE3 its all over to the moon we will never see $25 again, Possibly yes possibly not, we will never see $20 again, yah probably not, but maybe, we will never see $30 again, eh I think we probably will. I have seen all 3 of these statements on this board, and I believe on this very thread... Past performance indicates these statements are highly unlikely to be the future results.

There will be new buying opportunities in the future for my paper holdings, I'll stick with cash for now, I might even put 20% of that cash into a silver short position just for fun if we don't see a drop on Monday, I'm sure I will find an exit opportunity before the election that will give some profit...

... God bless you all, especially 68 :).

Just thought I'd dig this up from sept 16th when everyone was saying I was crazy for selling @ $35... (I did not have the balls to take the silver short position I mentioned unfortunately...)
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:56 am

Are you buying now?
68Camaro

Postby mflugher » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 am

68, I can tell you one thing, Im not selling :D

however;

Paper: unfortunately I was all in as of $31.xx so I didn't get any $29 paper silver this round. But in at $31 is still good for me, will sell at $33 or so probably mid january to mid february if I had to guess.

Phys... we are always buying silver, we just bought about 100x assorted commemrative dollar coins thursday @ ~14x face. I haven't had an opportunity to review what my partner bought though so no idea whats actually there. I'm sure we bought other stuff too during this last dip but thats the biggest buy of silver at least for the last week. just so happened guy sold on thursday during dip by chance.

If you have any assets you can afford to put into risk on position... I would highly recommend this is a good time to do so. I suspect once the fiscal cliff is or is not resolved, the end of year selloff is over etc, we should see some good oportunities to sell our paper.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals