Monday Night Half Time

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Monday Night Half Time

Postby beauanderos » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 am

Ok, so I ran across something tonight I hadn't seen before. Not that I would want to. Gold-plated on one side, the other reveals a 2001 Kennedy Clad with a colorized image of Obama and 2008. It is partially defaced... which saves me the trouble. Ughhh. So is this what he meant about "bringing change to America?" Hope I find some silver to dispel the nausea.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Monday Night Half Time

Postby PennyPauper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Gods speed in your quest to releive your nausea.I became a little queasy just reading it.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tommybee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 pm

I just threw up in my mouth a little reading that.....
Tommybee

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Man thats better than a walker...... great find! :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Beau » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 pm

beauanderos wrote:Ok, so I ran across something tonight I hadn't seen before. Not that I would want to. Gold-plated on one side, the other reveals a 2001 Kennedy Clad with a colorized image of Obama and 2008. It is partially defaced... which saves me the trouble. Ughhh. So is this what he meant about "bringing change to America?" Hope I find some silver to dispel the nausea.

the coin shop here has a half Dollar just like the one you described, he is asking
$5.00 for it.

I told him good luck on selling that one.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 am

Well, I wound up finding four Franklins and 9 40%'s out of six boxes, so it wasn't too bad. I also found another half to counter the novelty of the evil coin. The good coin was a 1994 World Cup Soccer half dollar, hadn't seen one before. 8-)
beauanderos

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:26 am

beauanderos wrote:Well, I wound up finding four Franklins and 9 40%'s out of six boxes, so it wasn't too bad. I also found another half to counter the novelty of the evil coin. The good coin was a 1994 World Cup Soccer half dollar, hadn't seen one before. 8-)

So how does one come accross multiple boxes of halves? Special order?
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:36 am

I love finding those. I scratch nasty things into them. Since this is a family forum I will refrain from saying what I scratch in but I am sure it would make my momma blush.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 am

scrapper2010 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:Well, I wound up finding four Franklins and 9 40%'s out of six boxes, so it wasn't too bad. I also found another half to counter the novelty of the evil coin. The good coin was a 1994 World Cup Soccer half dollar, hadn't seen one before. 8-)

So how does one come accross multiple boxes of halves? Special order?
I have a standing order for six boxes a week from one BOA. I spread the return thru three other branches. They haven't caught on yet. When they ask me why I always have so many halves, I tell them I have a friend with a large laundromat route, and he lets me go thru them before they get brought back in.
beauanderos

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 pm

The World Cup Half! Jealous... ;)
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals