To the MOON!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

To the MOON!!

Postby Country » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 am

SILVER is finally moving today. Perhaps this is the liftoff of JohnFly's prediction that we will be astounded. :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: To the MOON!!

Postby goodcents » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:09 am

I'll take it. It's been a long month watching it go down, down, down...
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am

It cant go todamoon yet. I havent stacked enough!!
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 am

I do believe we are rapidly approaching a point where physical availablity is (will be) overwhelmed by demand, but it's never reliable to pick (or trust someone else to do so) the precise timing of that next big rise. At best I think we can come within a 3-5 year window, and we're in the middle of what I think that time window should be, right now.

TPTB will be doing everything to keep fiat king and make metal look bad, which adds a further unpredictabilty to this.

I'm hopeful, still buying physical (as I will be, as I will only keep enough fiat around to get me through a crisis). I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $36 silver and $1800 gold.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

68Camaro wrote: I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $36 silver and $1800 gold.

Good analyis, Rich... I always knew you had a good head on your shoulders (even if the hair is turning grey :lol: )

as for me... I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $50 silver and $2100 gold :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 am

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote: I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $36 silver and $1800 gold.

Good analyis, Rich... I always knew you had a good head on your shoulders (even if the hair is turning grey :lol: )

as for me... I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $50 silver and $2100 gold :mrgreen:

Well, there is a difference between real and real . I will be real excited again at $50 silver and $2100 gold.... :mrgreen:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

I'm leery of metals rallies when they are so closely tied to everything else moving to the upside. False flag.

America seems fat, happy, and perfectly contented with the fiscal crisis having been "solved". The dow is up 250, the President's on vacation again...tell me why anyone is going to short stocks to buy non-income producing physical in any great rush.

No real rally until stocks show signs of collapse.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby Sterling Silver » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 pm

beauanderos wrote:as for me... I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $50 silver and $2100 gold

I am with you, Beau.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Country » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Time to buy an asset class is when it's out of favor. Without question, PMs are out of favor right now. While I'm not the biggest player here, I've been incrementally buying since last summer. I do believe when PMs become more in favor, the move will be astounding from current levels.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Should have bought jet fuel stock. Obama sure knows how to burn through thousands of gallons of it. He could have stayed in Hawaii and skyped.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Don't get me wrong here...aggressively accumulate, hell yes. And perhaps a healthier trading range from what we've seen lately.

I just won't be able to say the "R" word til we've passed 40/42
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby rainsonme » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:43 pm

I think this is a VERY SLOW moving train wreck. We shouldn't expect a major event or permanent spike in prices ---- all this economic majic will take a LONG time to play out ---- the cars will all fall off the rails in time, but it will take a long time. The momentum will pull every car off into the abyss, but VERY slowly. The central banks and finance institutions and governements and multi-national conglomerates and drug cartels all have a huge interest in keeping the wreck moving as slowly as possible, and they have more methods at their command than we can imagine ---- its all fiat, and future debt, and numbers in the trillions, and they can keep this wreck moving slowly forward for a LONG time. I buy a little every week, whether the price is up or down, a little every week. The cars will all come off the track, but it will take longer than any of us believe.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

It's the regular up a buck move that we've been seeing pretty often lately. Silver seesaws like the stock market, makes a great paper play. For instance, up in September, down in October, up in November, down in December.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 am

Country wrote:SILVER is finally moving today. Perhaps this is the liftoff of JohnFly's prediction that we will be astounded. :mrgreen:

68Camaro wrote:I do believe we are rapidly approaching a point where physical availablity is (will be) overwhelmed by demand, but it's never reliable to pick (or trust someone else to do so) the precise timing of that next big rise. At best I think we can come within a 3-5 year window, and we're in the middle of what I think that time window should be, right now.

TPTB will be doing everything to keep fiat king and make metal look bad, which adds a further unpredictabilty to this.

I'm hopeful, still buying physical (as I will be, as I will only keep enough fiat around to get me through a crisis). I won't get real excited again until we have multi-week closes over $36 silver and $1800 gold.

I believe that we saw the first phase of the "to the moon" moment back when silver made new highs at $22 and then quickly ran to just under $50. That part was just the beginning. And some would argue that it actually began when Buffet sold at $8 and it continued on to $22ish before retracing to $8ish... until we see some more greater than 50% of high price retracements, then I think we are simply in a continuation of the "to the moon" phase from $22 onwards.

Physical supply is a silly thing still. Availability at lower prices is not decreasing as much as some might expect. It is still readily available at current lows. I could have placed an order for several thousand ounces (if required) at the recent lows from several sources. Joe Public as well as Joe Speculator were selling silver more than they were buying (gold was just the opposite) recently. Until we come to a situation where there are no sellers close to or at spot, then physical silver is not in a supply deficit. However, and this is supremely important, it will not take much to change this dynamic. If widespread sentiment towards silver becomes overtly bullish, supply will dry up quickly. The average coin shop has less than 1000 ounces on hand. Premiums paid for physical silver will increase very quickly. Dealers will soon learn that they will not be able to acquire silver for spot or less.

Until we see Silver Eagles trade regularly for spot then we will continue to be in the "to the moon" phase. It might take $100 silver or more for this to happen. And even then, silver could continue to run to eye bulging new highs. :shock:

Happy New Year :mrgreen:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm

so much for all that exuberance, huh?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:57 pm

NHsorter wrote:so much for all that exuberance, huh?

Time to buy :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 pm

beauanderos wrote:
NHsorter wrote:so much for all that exuberance, huh?

Time to buy :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Buy when you're crying, sell when you're smiling :shock:
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm

rainsonme wrote:I think this is a VERY SLOW moving train wreck. We shouldn't expect a major event or permanent spike in prices ---- all this economic majic will take a LONG time to play out ---- the cars will all fall off the rails in time, but it will take a long time. The momentum will pull every car off into the abyss, but VERY slowly. The central banks and finance institutions and governements and multi-national conglomerates and drug cartels all have a huge interest in keeping the wreck moving as slowly as possible, and they have more methods at their command than we can imagine ---- its all fiat, and future debt, and numbers in the trillions, and they can keep this wreck moving slowly forward for a LONG time. I buy a little every week, whether the price is up or down, a little every week. The cars will all come off the track, but it will take longer than any of us believe.

John Maynard Keynes is attributed with saying, "Markets can remain irrational a lot longer than you and I can remain solvent."
This only goes to show that sometimes a man with absolutely horrible theories can be right on some things.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

To the moon?? Did you speak too soon?
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Agree with rainsonme with the caveat that it has arguably been at least 10 years underway already and more like 40 to 80 years. So we're well into this and we're at the point where when it finally goes it will end so fast there will be no time to react or change your course. If you're not prepped at the time - too bad so sad.
68Camaro

Postby rainsonme » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am

Well, I agree with Rainsonme too. And I agree with 68Camaro that debt in a fiat currency world has been going on for 50 years. But what has been going on for the past 5 years is absolutely without paralell. There were BrettinWood agreements, Basil accords, and a host of other formal and informal arrangements, that kept the fiat system in some sort of balance until 5 years ago. Even when the fed was printing fiat money, every fiat dollar was tied to a debt instrument. But no more. For the past 5 years, the fed prints money with no bond associated; the fed buys bonds; the US generates debt at numbers that no one understands ---- and the Yen and the Euro are WORSE. And no one knows if the Yuan is worse or not, and that IS worse. The monetary world has shifted in the past 5 years; they might have been able to keep the train on the tracks in the fiat world prior to 2008, we'll never know, but what is happening now is an absolute out of control guarenteed train wreck ---- but it is still going to take a long long time to play out. the dollar is still the best currency in the world. If i offered you $10,000 paid in either Yen, euro, or dollars, I think most of us would take dollars. And for delivery today, I'd take the dollars in cash over the equivealnt in gold or silver, so I could easily decide how much i wanted to convert to gold or silver. BUT if we were offered a lock-box that could not be opened for 10 years, filled with $10,000 worth of Yen, Euro, dollars, gold or silver, I bet most everyone on and off this board would select the gold or silver. The train is out of control, and all the cars will fall off the track one by one, but it will still take longer than we expect. Maybe we should revisit the train wreck thread every January 2nd, just to remind ourselves where we are in the wreck process.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals