Opinions For a 1 oz Coin and Coin Series.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Opinions For a 1 oz Coin and Coin Series.

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm

So i just wanted to see what everybody thoughts were on the new 2013 Britannia. Since this is the first one that is .999 I'm rather bullish on it. Also, since it appears that their mint is wanting to seriously get into producing bullion, I could definitely see the day when when they will start minting closer to 1,000,000 number which would make the 100,000 have a higher premium.

Also, I noticed that there hasn't been anything on here regarding Chris Duane's silver bullet/silver shield new coin series. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on that. I liked and own the first coin and have bought a couple rolls of each series. The other coins don't impress me that much but I know there are people that will pay a high premium for them so that's why I'm collecting them.

Thanks,
Jim
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Opinions For a 1 oz Coin and Coin Series.

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Lol. 36 view and not one comment. Thanks guys.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby hobo finds » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RichardPenny43 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:44 pm

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:Also, I noticed that there hasn't been anything on here regarding Chris Duane's silver bullet/silver shield new coin series. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on that. I liked and own the first coin and have bought a couple rolls of each series. The other coins don't impress me that much but I know there are people that will pay a high premium for them so that's why I'm collecting them.

I really like the SBSS series.
You must have missed this thread I started
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18301&p=180183&hilit=Silver+bullet#p180183
I wish I would have bought more after seeing one sell on ebay for $130.
http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=24824
I'll probally pick up a few of the new ones.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sterling Silver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

I like Chris Duane. I hold a few of his released rounds, and an order in for the current round. I believe they will all trade as generic rounds in the future, but do not plan to part with them for years so I hope I am wrong.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm

I just became more aware of the gold Britannia. What I'm finding out is, is there anywhere an accurate mintage of these coins, their proofs, fractions, and graded populations? The more I look, the more I want to know about them. Is their a comprehensive site about them? I am seriously considering making them a part of my stack.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals