Crystal Ball

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Crystal Ball

Postby RedRockGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 am

What will silver do this week? :?:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Re: Crystal Ball

Postby NHsorter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 am

-Shimmer
-Fluctuate in price
-Get pulled from circulation and added to my hoard
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 am

To quote the great J.P. Morgan.. in deep voice "It will fluctuate." and he was always right.

It will also continue to be pulled from circulation and added to my hoard.. but not at the rate it was last month. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am

RRG, the quick answer is: It doesn't matter.

Silver is available at a highly discounted price now due to manipulation (JPMorgan is actively and heavily shorting the metal in the futures market). Trade in your Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes for real money while you can.

More unsolicited advice: Store food and get out of debt.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RedRockGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 am

I've got the food and no debt part down. (well never enough food, but I'd make yall proud) :thumbup:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 pm

RedRockGirl wrote:I've got the food and no debt part down. (well never enough food, but I'd make yall proud) :thumbup:

You put the "ROCK" in RRG. Live long and prosper!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rsk1963 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm

those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

shinnosuke wrote:RRG, the quick answer is: It doesn't matter.

Silver is available at a highly discounted price now due to manipulation (JPMorgan is actively and heavily shorting the metal in the futures market). Trade in your Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes for real money while you can.

More unsolicited advice: Store food and get out of debt.

How can one argue against such wisdom?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Silver is going to go down in price. I know this because this is the year I want to sell a portion and Mr. Market already has it out for me like the evil monkey from Family Guy.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RedRockGirl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 am

http://www.deviantinvestor.com/643/silv ... -for-2013/
Conclusion

An objective and reasonable estimate for the price of silver at the next intermediate peak (estimating 2013 – Quarter 2) is $50 to $60 per ounce (current price is about $28). This is not a prediction based on wishful thinking and hope, but a best estimate based on rational analysis of data stretching back to 1975. The actual price for silver at its next peak could be higher or lower, and the peak might be earlier or later, but this price range and approximate time is, by this analysis, the most probable.

Aka - It will fluctuate. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 pm

While silver will always fluctuate, let's not lose sight of where it's come to get to this point.

Age doesn't always equate to one's degree of intelligence, but I try to combine a little bit of both to state my point. I look back (smiling) at some of my purchases over previous years. These include:

>> Buying 75 1 oz Prospectors at $7.50 each. (The seller was laughing at me for paying that premium price.)
>> Buying two $100 face bags of 40% silver Kennedys for $135 each
>> Buying multiple $10 face rolls of US 90% halves and quarters (my pick) at $36.15 per roll

Obviously, these aren't recent purchases, but examples of what one can buy and hold over time. I've been fortunate to have these increase in value.

I feel the same way about silver purchases in good ol' 2013. While I'll never see deals like I have in the past, the POS today is far below its actual worth (and potential worth). I still accumulate more as time and finances permit. These are the days we'll all look back upon and say, "I wish I'd have bought more..." Silver has great potential and, after establishing this new floor around $30, will continue its climb skyward. Sure, this climb will be choppy and even discouraging at times, but those who stay the course will be rewarded.

I'm not a big fan of sterling flatware, chains, rings, etc. Give me coins, if you please, in the form of US, Canadian and even some Mexican silver. I have a smaller stash of generic siver rounds and bars, but those are the first in line to be sold when I feel the time is right. I really have no desire to hang onto the rounds that say, "Merry Christmas, Fred, 1973" or "Happy 16th Birthday, Annie." Silver is silver and these qualify for that, but nothing else.

Don't miss paying bills just to purchase silver. Best to control your bills by buying only what you need and you'll have more available cash for silver purchases. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I expect some day our kids will be saying "wonder why dad didn't buy more of those dam nickels when he could still get them at face value?" That market will be a fun one to watch... :thumbup:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals