PM Chain of Custody Law in Illinois

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM Chain of Custody Law in Illinois

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Anybody else hear about this or have any opinions?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-1 ... ellis-take
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: PM Chain of Custody Law in Illinois

Postby Engineer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am

It's a great way to run the coin shows out of town.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 am

What ever happened to our USA?

Once it was the land of Liberty, now it is spiraling into an Orwellian Hell.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 am

That's disgusting. I'm ashamed to live in that wretched state.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 am

I'm sure they will claim it is to protect you from thefts and to keep nefarious individuals from laundering there ill gotten gains. They hate those cash transactions. They need to track this to make sure they get the tax on it when you have a gain.. even though you might not have had a real gain, but only kept up with inflation. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby agmoose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am

This is sickening......
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm

This is GREAT!!! I love keeping records! In fact, I love 8-Tracks also!

More bull[excrement] from the top!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Years ago, little Tommy, I was allowed to buy and sell coins, isn't that CRAZY!?!?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm

OtusLotus wrote:This is GREAT!!! I love keeping records! In fact, I love 8-Tracks also!

More bull[excrement] from the top!

But...think of all the jobs it will create!
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:43 pm

You guys in NY and IL and MA and CT and NH(?), etc. and the left coast have to vote with your feet. Get out while you can.

Wealthy people are buying land outside of the US; it will be their bugout location. Not a solution for me even if I had money.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wagsthadog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi all-

Illinois is beautiful, but the city of Chicago and Cook county are disgusting cesspools of sickening political incest and graft. I fully plan to move out of IL at some point. I hope they read this. :)

wags
Last edited by wagsthadog on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

wagsthadog wrote:Hi all-

Illinois is beautiful, but the city of Chicago and cook county are disgusting cesspools of sickening political incest and graft. I fully plan to move out of IL at some point. I hope they read this. :)

wags

You miss spelled the County thats CROOK COUNTY
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby DirtyFingers » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:27 pm

SB3341 was a concern before it went sine die. Several times in the last 7 - 8 months I've asked my reps if either of them have heard any committee discussion in Springfield about a resurrection of another revenue bill concerning PMs and both times they've said "no....not yet". No surprise here that the bill was shot down by the House then, but now I'm not so sure what the vote would be what with all the new faces. If we have it our way down state, every bill of that type will be sine die.

Sometime in the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see Illinois make an attempt at taxation of all bullion and coin sales but I still think inspite of the Illinois spending woes, our greatest threat will come from the Feds.
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 pm

shinnosuke wrote:You guys in NY and IL and MA and CT and NH(?), etc. and the left coast have to vote with your feet. Get out while you can.

Wealthy people are buying land outside of the US; it will be their bugout location. Not a solution for me even if I had money.

Hey, leave NH out of that group please!!!
-no sales tax
-license to carry is $10 every 5 years. SHALL issue state (still need to pass bg check) and by law they have 14 days to give it to you for when you apply.
-concealed carry is allowed in the statehouse!
-seatbelts are optional
-stand your ground state
-elected "governors council" has oversight over the governed and can even override vetoes.
-state senators and reps make a $200 per term salary.
-more cool things I can't think of. But govt corruption level here has to be one of the best.

Sure, Mass-holes are infecting us and starting a takeover, but I still like it here.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mongo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Escaped the Peoples Republic of Illinois almost 8 years ago. I can honestly say that I wouldnt move back there for anything. My property taxes went up about 100 dollars a year and for what? We went home for Christmas and the roads are absolutely the worst ive ever driven on. The last 2 governors have both went to prison for corruption. Need I say more, Everybody knows the state is broke and the politicians are corrupt. They just want more control and more tax dollars and they will stop at nothing to get it. Most of the tax dollars go to the schools and the teachers are now wondering if they will ever see a dime of their pensions. My sister in law is a special ed. teacher and makes good money doing it but she really doesnt thinks she will ever see a dime of her pension. I guess time will tell. Maybe they should let Michael Bloomberg run the state then they could only get only 32 oz sodas and no guns and all their problems would be solved.

Keep Stackin and Sorting

Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey! What's wrong with CT?

Oh that's right...it's a toilet, nevermind.

:?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm

NHsorter wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:You guys in NY and IL and MA and CT and NH(?), etc. and the left coast have to vote with your feet. Get out while you can.

Hey, leave NH out of that group please!!!
-no sales tax
-license to carry is $10 every 5 years. SHALL issue state (still need to pass bg check) and by law they have 14 days to give it to you for when you apply.
-concealed carry is allowed in the statehouse!
-seatbelts are optional
-stand your ground state
-elected "governors council" has oversight over the governed and can even override vetoes.
-state senators and reps make a $200 per term salary.
-more cool things I can't think of. But govt corruption level here has to be one of the best.

Sure, Mass-holes are infecting us and starting a takeover, but I still like it here.

I was just seeing if you're still awake. :o
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:30 pm

That's ridiculous. I've been a Cubs fan all my life and used to love to visit Chicago to catch a game and see the museums, zoos, restaurants, etc., but I haven't been in a couple of years just because the place is starting to freak me out. The Mississippi River is not nearly wide enough. Although Iowa isn't too much better.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Sure glad I don't own any PM's at least I won't have to worry about registering them anywhere.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 am

Follow up on the vote to require gold & silver sales registrations in Illinois.

http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/new-bill-r ... Bx8twz6.99

Here's a snippet:
"The slippery slope to confiscation has begun.

Gold and silver buyers could soon have to register with the state of Illinois.

Rick Santelli provides an update on legislation that requires every gold and silver transaction to be registered with the State. Here are the basics. The bill, officially called SB-3341, was introduced in 2012, immediately passed the Illinois Senate and is now awaiting action by the House."

Yikes!
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:53 am

mongo wrote: My sister in law is a special ed. teacher and makes good money doing it but she really doesnt thinks she will ever see a dime of her pension. I guess time will tell.

The teachers capable of reading here in new mexico are concerned about this as well. They are being forced to put more money into their pensions at the same time the state is "borrowing" from the fund. The "capable of reading comment: refers to the fact most teachers my wife knows have their heads in the sand about it.

I might suggest everyone look into the local and backyard food movements. Get enough people together at the grassroots level and we CAN push back on these trespasses. there has been a major push and still is to control small scale food production as well but the dictators are loosing more ground then they gain and perhaps more importantly more hearts and minds.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 pm

I would register mine but they were all recently lost in a boating accident! I shouldn't have brought them out on the open water I guess. Oh well. Hindsight is 20-20.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:25 pm

That's nothing. I was out fishing and I just happened to have all of my metals and my guns, and my extended magazines on board. Two guys on waterjets went by and swamped me...sinking the boat. In the confusion I was knocked on the head with an oar...I can't remember what lake it was.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby uthminsta » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I live in Illinois, but I sold all my precious metals to fund my reckless lifestyle. Glad to be out of that game once and for all.
uthminsta

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:52 pm

I guess if you're good and truly stuck in Illinois, all you can do is make jokes. I pity those who have to pay taxes into that political machine.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals