my latest score ---$20 FV of 64 Kennedy Proofs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

my latest score ---$20 FV of 64 Kennedy Proofs

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

i have to share this with you brothers....not boasting, just sharing, i was fortunate enough to be able to sneak in and bid on 40 1964 Kennedy Halve Proofs...when i say sneak in, it was on or near Christmas and everybody was either drinking egg nog or trying to get ammo, i was able to bid on these gems....now this picture is actual, and out of the 40, i will SAFELY say that 37 of them would grade out at MS67...OR BETTER (MS69's?)...i kid you not, i KNOW how intense grading is, i know what to look for, i know what takes away from the higher grade, etc.

i'm not a slabber though, so....i'll just curate them as they deserve, i got these at VERY good prices...to me a good coin. SILVER coin is a work of art.......and YES, some of them are DCAMS,,,,yow!! Bless you all

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: my latest score ---$20 FV of 64 Kennedy Proofs

Postby Morsecode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 pm

neilgin1 wrote: and everybody was either drinking egg nog or trying to get ammo

Ain't that the truth!

Anywho...sweet coinage.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:20 pm

beautiful!
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Morsecode wrote:
neilgin1 wrote: and everybody was either drinking egg nog or trying to get ammo

Ain't that the truth!

Anywho...sweet coinage.

sweet coinage....i was frigging wearing surgical gloves, while i had the magnifying glass out...those are the tip of the iceberg...i was buying blast white rolls em masse between 12 to 16 times, Kenns, Franklins, Washingtons. Roosie's.......i mean coins with NO dirt, no scratches....flawless...looking at them once, then curating them PROPER, inventorying every roll and them stashing them AWAY....

oh yeh, i had plenty of time to stack lead too....did the same thing, "curate them" and just stash it away, all the while wearing 10 dollar sneakers.

But i HAVE to say this...priorities, every morning i'm in that Bible for 3 hours, begging God to burn the Word of Love and Wholeness and Peace into my heart...i will NEVER allow silver to become an idol...NEVER!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm

then check this out on Ebay...this will make you laugh........"proof roll of 64 Kenn's"....buy it now at ONLY 360.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proof-Roll-of-2 ... 3cc7b138cc

sad sad sad.........
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 am

Neil... wait... I think I see a blemish on JFK's jawline... lemme get my electron microscope out and examine it...

Nope, just an old acne scar :lol:

You've got some nice shiny tucked away, Mister :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm

beauanderos wrote:Neil... wait... I think I see a blemish on JFK's jawline... lemme get my electron microscope out and examine it...

Nope, just an old acne scar :lol:

You've got some nice shiny tucked away, Mister :mrgreen:

Thank you Raymundo!!! .....wish i could show you these, they're just a delight. for the first time ever, i was THINKING of calling PCGS, and gaving the whole lot graded...slabbed, but then (shrug)...i thought .....'why?"......i'm not selling, at least NEVER on the 'white' market.......it would really be just an ego thing, and thats not wise.

(i dont know if you got my msg...i THINK i called, left a msg. just wanted to say "hey"....my boy and his mother live right up the block from you, when she summons me, and i get the nerve to head over, lets definitely have a meeting. )

you know what i REALLY want?, but its too late to score them at a sane price, i always wanted one or two rolls of GEM/BU Standing Liberty Quarters, mixed dates of course........or maybe the REAL score, a solid date roll of 1916 or 1917 SLQ's in MS condition....i KNOW, that would be a HIGH value roll...i do have several SLQ rolls, in G4/F8...and thankful for them, but it aint the same, for some reason when coins get to be good 4's, i get depressed looking at them....anyway, hope things are good . dear friend, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals