MERRY CHRISTMAS

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Postby ZigMeister » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! :D
ZigMeister
Penny Collector Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey, no one has said it yet so I will. God bless us each and every one! How can you go wrong with a line from Tiny Tim? I pray that each and every one of you and your family have a blessed Christmas! :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marine70 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Merry Christmas to all here on the site, and I appreciate the vast knowledge I have learned from your many posts. May God Bless you all.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Merry Christmas!!!
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:45 am

uthminsta wrote:
Joogaler wrote:It also doesn't say that they saw him right after the birth if I remember correctly?

Good job everyone! Gotta preface all this by saying it's not central to the story... BUT... I think it's hilarious that the song "We Three Kings" is so far off-base. There is no mention of there being a specific number of them, just the three types of gifts (which all bear great symbolic significance). And they most certainly were not kings either, they were magi, meaning wise men or star watchers. And they weren't at the nativity scene until as much as 2 years after Jesus' birth. Matthew 2:11 says "on coming to the HOUSE, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him." So at this point, he was no longer at the place where he was born, he was in their house.

But to me, the most important part is just this: When they met him, they worshiped him. Same thing with the shepherds. Same thing with the many many hurting, lost, and broken people he encountered. That's what I celebrate.

One account that I've read (not sure which gospel it was) stated that when the wisemen arrived in Israel they first paid a visit to King Herod to ask about the child king who was born a few years before in Bethlehem. Herod, who wasn't aware of the birth of any king, was threatened by the potential challenge to his power and then ordered his soldiers to slay any child of two years or younger in Bethlehem. This caused Mary and Joseph to flee to Eqypt with the child Jesus. Sadly, the wisemen's visit, which was one of goodwill, inadvertantly caused the slaughter of dozens (perhaps hundreds) of children.

Merry Christmas to all.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Joogaler » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:06 am

theo wrote:
uthminsta wrote:
Joogaler wrote:It also doesn't say that they saw him right after the birth if I remember correctly?

Good job everyone! Gotta preface all this by saying it's not central to the story... BUT... I think it's hilarious that the song "We Three Kings" is so far off-base. There is no mention of there being a specific number of them, just the three types of gifts (which all bear great symbolic significance). And they most certainly were not kings either, they were magi, meaning wise men or star watchers. And they weren't at the nativity scene until as much as 2 years after Jesus' birth. Matthew 2:11 says "on coming to the HOUSE, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him." So at this point, he was no longer at the place where he was born, he was in their house.

But to me, the most important part is just this: When they met him, they worshiped him. Same thing with the shepherds. Same thing with the many many hurting, lost, and broken people he encountered. That's what I celebrate.

One account that I've read (not sure which gospel it was) stated that when the wisemen arrived in Israel they first paid a visit to King Herod to ask about the child king who was born a few years before in Bethlehem. Herod, who wasn't aware of the birth of any king, was threatened by the potential challenge to his power and then ordered his soldiers to slay any child of two years or younger in Bethlehem. This caused Mary and Joseph to flee to Eqypt with the child Jesus. Sadly, the wisemen's visit, which was one of goodwill, inadvertantly caused the slaughter of dozens (perhaps hundreds) of children.

Merry Christmas to all.

I've heard that also but don't remember where...

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby uthminsta » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Joogaler wrote:I've heard that also but don't remember where...

That part of the story is in Matthew 2, verses 1 through 18. You can read it here:
http://www.youversion.com/bible/niv/matt/2/1

If you would like to read the whole story of the nativity, check out the first two chapters of Matthew and Luke.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Joogaler » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 am

uthminsta wrote:
Joogaler wrote:I've heard that also but don't remember where...

That part of the story is in Matthew 2, verses 1 through 18. You can read it here:
http://www.youversion.com/bible/niv/matt/2/1

If you would like to read the whole story of the nativity, check out the first two chapters of Matthew and Luke.

Oh yeah that's where! DUH! :shock:

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals