Supply Starting To Dry Up

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Supply Starting To Dry Up

Postby Engineer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:53 am

sambo wrote:You can still get 90% at bullion direct nucleous for a reasonable premium.

Some of the premiums here at RC have gotten higher than APMEX's credit card price. What's up with that?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RedRockGirl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 am

Engineer wrote:
sambo wrote:You can still get 90% at bullion direct nucleous for a reasonable premium.

Some of the premiums here at RC have gotten higher than APMEX's credit card price. What's up with that?

Ray whipped em all into a frenzy. ;) :lol: Better prices on BS lately.
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am

RedRockGirl wrote:
Engineer wrote:

Ray whipped em all into a frenzy. ;) :lol: Better prices on BS lately.

If you can find em (and you want em), then buy em. APMEX is paying 25 cents above melt for 90%. If you can't read the handwriting on the wall... well, trust me... it's not graffiti. :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 am

not everyone has this kind of money to toss around, but the lowest premiums apply to the largest lots:

http://www.goldshark.com/products/silver-coins/silver-coins-rounds/90-junk-silver-bags-dealer-s-choice.html

not sure what they each sell, but it's doubtful their bags contain half dollars... there's always been a bit of a premium for those. :shh:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 am

beauanderos wrote:not everyone has this kind of money to toss around, but the lowest premiums apply to the largest lots:

http://www.goldshark.com/products/silver-coins/silver-coins-rounds/90-junk-silver-bags-dealer-s-choice.html

not sure what they each sell, but it's doubtful their bags contain half dollars... there's always been a bit of a premium for those. :shh:

And no matter what is posted as cheapest (23.3x is on there), when you travel to the links the cheapest actual price is 24x for $1000 face of dealer's choice (which means a fair amount of doubtful coin). No doubt about it - with spot at 23x - retail premiums are well above spot now.

If you can get small quantities for 25x or less, go for it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby agmoose » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

My LCS was at 27x this morning whether you bought one dime or all of his 90% in stock. I skipped the 90% and found seven 1/2 ounce rounds from sunshine mint in his misc box, all at $1 over spot. His premiums on ASE's has gone up as well, $5 over spot plus tax now. Skipped those, will get them elsewhere this year I guess.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:54 pm

My LCS (Central NJ) was charging 23x for 90% and only had dimes left.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Interesting. I bought at 23X on Monday. A dollar over spot. I guess I got a pretty good price.

...Too bad I only bought $3.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

If you think this is bad... just wait until Joe Public starts buying :shock:
beauanderos

Postby RedRockGirl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm pretty sure I am joe(sephina) public. :shock:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

93_Confirmed wrote:I've heard these same reports in other coin forums and I'm starting to believe the hype. Might pick up a big chunk this week at my LCS just in case the supply really is drying up.

If all goes well next week, I may pick up a nice little stash myself :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:
93_Confirmed wrote:I've heard these same reports in other coin forums and I'm starting to believe the hype. Might pick up a big chunk this week at my LCS just in case the supply really is drying up.

If all goes well next week, I may pick up a nice little stash myself :thumbup:

I love the 1964 quarters for my 90 pct stash. Maybe I'll do some dimes as well..... :)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby christostock » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT.
As silver goes up the premium will go down.
As silver goes up people start selling lots of 90%.
when the market gets flooded with 90%, dealers will be back to their old ways and old prices.
Those buying at the high premiums now will see some gain as silver rises but it will need to move further to recognize less of a gain.
At $35-$36 silver it will start coming out of the woodwork and it will not be fetching $1.75 over spot (Tmats buy price for halves this weekend)
Trends come and go. Premiums come and go as well.
This high premium trend is just that, a trend. It's here now but will go away. If you can earn more cash now because of the high premium, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT NOW.
The high premiums can and will be gone in an instant when the big boys are done playing with us.
PEACE and PROSPERITY to all
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

christostock wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT.
As silver goes up the premium will go down.
As silver goes up people start selling lots of 90%.
when the market gets flooded with 90%, dealers will be back to their old ways and old prices.
Those buying at the high premiums now will see some gain as silver rises but it will need to move further to recognize less of a gain.
At $35-$36 silver it will start coming out of the woodwork and it will not be fetching $1.75 over spot (Tmats buy price for halves this weekend)
Trends come and go. Premiums come and go as well.
This high premium trend is just that, a trend. It's here now but will go away. If you can earn more cash now because of the high premium, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT NOW.
The high premiums can and will be gone in an instant when the big boys are done playing with us.
PEACE and PROSPERITY to all

as far as I'm concerned, if we have ample supply that's GOOD news!!! Personally, I'd like to have a few more years to stack before we run out of time.
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Beaunaderos: are you still "net gaining" on your stack? And if so are you "net gaining" on 90% or just overall bullion?
barrytrot

Postby Engineer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm

At 20x face ($28/oz), I'm buying with both fists and happy to use my sorting money to stack ounces.
At 25x face ($35/oz), I'd rather have any extra money tied up in coins to search, with the expectation of a 1% ROI for each box/bag searched
At 30x face ($42/oz), I'd be selling off a big portion of the hoard to wait for the next pullback...and putting in HUGE coin orders.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 pm

barrytrot wrote:Beaunaderos: are you still "net gaining" on your stack? And if so are you "net gaining" on 90% or just overall bullion?

I've had to buy gold and silver fracs (don't want anything larger than one ounce) as I can't find 90% in sizeable amounts.
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 pm

So you are net gaining in terms of ounces?
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm

barrytrot wrote:So you are net gaining in terms of ounces?

You'll have to define what that means when you're converting silver to gold.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm

barrytrot wrote:So you are net gaining in terms of ounces?

I quit keeping track in 2009. All discretionary income continues to flow into some form of metals.
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm

That's very bullish news. I always assumed you had a slight out-flow due to your weekly sales, but if you are still stacking then that is a good sign.
barrytrot

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm

beauanderos wrote: All discretionary income continues to flow into some form of metals.

This type of mentality is why i LOVE this forum!!!! People of my like mindedness! Sometimes i think i am becoming Obsessed with obtaining Metal..and I probably am...but I just have to log on to my therapy forum (REALCENT), and it sets my mind at ease.. :wave:

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:
beauanderos wrote: All discretionary income continues to flow into some form of metals.

This type of mentality is why i LOVE this forum!!!! People of my like mindedness! Sometimes i think i am becoming Obsessed with obtaining Metal..and I probably am...but I just have to log on to my therapy forum (REALCENT), and it sets my mind at ease.. :wave:

-The Great

:lol: Yes it means you aren't the only nut in the nuthouse!
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Nut job# 176 reporting :mrgreen: for duty!
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cheeple » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:00 am

this is my problem with 90% Dimes, I bought about 20 of them, Morgans and they charge spot price, but spot price is for 99.9% silver so I lose money right off the top, secondly these morgans are paper thin and have lost alot of the weight they originally had, so even less silver. Anybody else got a problem with this?
I will send you a free silver dime, just go here: http://www.cashcrate.com/443331 earn $10 for yourself then I'll send it to you!
cheeple

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals