Girl Scouts Silver Dollar to be Minted

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Girl Scouts Silver Dollar to be Minted

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 am

http://www.girlscouts.org/something_big.asp

Q: What are the coin specifications?
A: The Girl Scouts of the USA Centennial Silver Dollar weighs 26.73 grams, is 1.5 inches in diameter, and contains 90 percent silver and 10 percent copper.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Girl Scouts Silver Dollar to be Minted

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 am

Hopefully they let the girls sell these along with the cookies because I always buy to support them and I would prefer silver to being even fatter than I am :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am

but the real question is... "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby rsk1963 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 am

Market Harmony wrote:but the real question is... "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

HA

Made me laugh almost as much as the 50 meets eagle experiment that you've sponsored ;)
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby LooseChange » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 am

Market Harmony wrote:but the real question is... "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

Too funny.

I knew it was only a matter of time before food would replace currency. Now we can trade cookies like the good old days. I think I traded cookies in grade school, but I've been hogging them ever since.
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rob72830 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am

Could be a great sales gimmick. Buy 50 boxes of cookies get a free silver dollar. Bet they would sell out in one day.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals