Basis Comex---40 dollar silver.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Basis Comex---40 dollar silver.

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

i had opined to Barry in the "PM Rally" mega thread, that after looking at the charts, daily and weekly, that we are now headed to 40 dollars on the board.......within 4 weeks, or 4 days.

there is some very potent underlying strength to the market, and thats just not "perma-bull palaber"....that's just off a cold dispassionate read of the charts.

so i'm putting myself "out there"........$40 silver by the end of feb 2013.

clock me brothers, see whether i'm full of scheiss...or not.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Basis Comex---40 dollar silver.

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am

neilgin1 wrote:i$40 silver by the end of feb 2013.

That would be nice :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am

beauanderos wrote:

Morning Raymundo......i just stumbled on this lil nugget>>>>>>>>>>> "Silver Bars Being Secured By HSBC – Buys $876 Million Worth From Poland"

"HSBC Buying KGHM Silver Bars

HSBC has quietly moved into acquiring large amounts of silver bullion.

The bank has secured another deal to buy silver bars from KGHM which brings their total purchases of silver from KGHM alone in the last 12 months to $876 million or PLN 3.65 billion.

KGHM is one of the largest producers of silver in the world and is the second-largest producer of refined silver in the world.

They produce silver bars registered under the brand KGHM HG that are attested to by “Good Delivery” certificates issued by the London Bullion Market Association and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-2 ... rth-poland

i'm not trying to DIG UP bullish bits of info to buttress what i just wrote, just saw this, and added to the "what we know" column.

Ray, lets be safe out there today, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

neilgin1 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

I'll try not to get too close to a bedpan :shock: :lol:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am

What would make it stop at $40, or any other number? This is a semi-rhetorical question, as the answer is that those with the means and expertise to manipulate the market will - as long as they are able - manipulate the market. If they can make money by letting it go to $40, or $50, they will. If they can then make money by again shorting it back down to $30, they will. So I've sort of lost interest in that question, as I don't like playing a carnies game.

The most important question in my mind is, when will they lose control of the market? That will happen. But when, and for what reason? Disclosure that there isn't enough silver to cover demand? When will that happen?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 am

I think $40 silver at some point is pretty reasonable.

Here is the follow-up question: Will it maintain $40? That's what people want to know? Any thoughts Neil?
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 am

I think the markets have demonstrated, time and again, their ability to delude the experts... even those with sophisticated tools at their command (not you, Neil) as to short term directions and staying power. Paper, rock, scissors... except someone removed the scissors from the game :shifty:
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

barrytrot wrote:I think $40 silver at some point is pretty reasonable.

Here is the follow-up question: Will it maintain $40? That's what people want to know? Any thoughts Neil?

looking at the weekly, 34 is resistance...coming off the near 50 top......the support band is firm, around 25....so we plough thru 34....40 is more a pyschological barrier, but such a barrier IS valid, and much like everyone was taken aback by the mint running our of silver blanks, so quick into the new year, ONCE it becomes apparent the "train" is leaving the station. (just like the gun-n-ammo thing) EVERYBODY tries to get on....and i do believe we are at the cusp of that, "ALL ABOARD" moment.

i go by gut Barry....i cant fade it. best, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

I put in a prediction to friends and family of $35 by March 1st. looks like that may be low now.
misteroman

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/1/18_Greyerz_-_We_Are_Now_Seeing_Massive_Shortages_Of_Silver.html

Greyerz also warned of severe shortages in silver: “We are now seeing major shortages of silver. It’s much, much harder to get hold of silver than it is to get gold. As soon as people get silver inventory to sell, it’s gone straightaway.

"I agree with John Embry who talked about silver going up hundreds of dollars. Silver will absolutely explode in price. Silver does have a much greater potential than gold, there’s no question about that. As an investment silver will be spectacular.

But the bottom line is we are having real problems getting silver because of these massive shortages. We are now seeing very lengthy delays in getting physical silver. You can still find gold, but silver is simply not around, and we expect the situation to get much worse. We are now to the point where we are going to begin to see a massive breakout in the price of silver.”
beauanderos

Postby theo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
barrytrot wrote:I think $40 silver at some point is pretty reasonable.

looking at the weekly, 34 is resistance...coming off the near 50 top......the support band is firm, around 25....so we plough thru 34....40 is more a pyschological barrier, but such a barrier IS valid, and much like everyone was taken aback by the mint running our of silver blanks, so quick into the new year, ONCE it becomes apparent the "train" is leaving the station. (just like the gun-n-ammo thing) EVERYBODY tries to get on....and i do believe we are at the cusp of that, "ALL ABOARD" moment.

i go by gut Barry....i cant fade it. best, neil

I seem to remember that in silver's rise to fifty two years ago, it breached and surpassed $40 with in a day or two. I was surprised at the lack of resistance.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

Morning Raymundo......i just stumbled on this lil nugget>>>>>>>>>>> "Silver Bars Being Secured By HSBC – Buys $876 Million Worth From Poland"

"HSBC Buying KGHM Silver Bars

HSBC has quietly moved into acquiring large amounts of silver bullion.

The bank has secured another deal to buy silver bars from KGHM which brings their total purchases of silver from KGHM alone in the last 12 months to $876 million or PLN 3.65 billion.

KGHM is one of the largest producers of silver in the world and is the second-largest producer of refined silver in the world.

They produce silver bars registered under the brand KGHM HG that are attested to by “Good Delivery” certificates issued by the London Bullion Market Association and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-2 ... rth-poland

i'm not trying to DIG UP bullish bits of info to buttress what i just wrote, just saw this, and added to the "what we know" column.

I believe HSBC is a bank owned by China, right?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals