Ammo for Silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ammo for Silver?

Postby njo.electric » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Hey all!

Long time too see (I forgot my password for my former screen name and can't remember it - oops!!) !!

So I've got an interesting question. Considering I don't own a firearm here in Utah, I have only brought my Ammo with me. I never owned a gun either, I was always too attached to my silver. Would it be a wise decision to sell my ammo and use the funds to buy more silver? A lot of my ammo has nearly doubled in value and since I don't have a gun to shoot it with, it's pointless for me to have.

What would you do?

(On a side note - Thogey and Shinnosuke - I GOT MARRIED !!!!!)
Lineman by trade, crazy by nature. Student for now..

Piss on worthless fiat toilet paper, I'd rather have METAL any day.
njo.electric

Re: Ammo for Silver?

Postby Thogey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Congratulations.

What kind of ammo?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby njo.electric » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Thogey wrote:Congratulations.

What kind of ammo?

Just .22 LR. Estimated 2000 rounds.

njo.electric

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Suggest you keep the ammo. Not badmouthing it at all but 2000 rounds of 22lr doesn't have that much value now in the sense of oz of silver. But it miight appreciate in value more than silver if we head down a bad path.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm

68Camaro wrote:Suggest you keep the ammo. Not badmouthing it at all but 2000 rounds of 22lr doesn't have that much value now in the sense of oz of silver. But it miight appreciate in value more than silver if we head down a bad path.

+1, additionally, a 22 rifle can still be had for very little, and the ability to go "pop" is a good thing!
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Buy a gun!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

NHsorter wrote:Buy a gun!

Yes!

Those four bricks will last a good long time in a Ruger 77/22

Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

NHsorter wrote:Buy a gun!

+1 Forgive me for being slightly off topic but I've been doing my best to keep my mouth shut about this whole guns and ammo shortage on this forum because I don't want to get kicked off here for turning this into a guns and ammo forum. For now I'm lumping guns and ammo in the same category as PM's. I've been fortunate to stack a lot of silver over the last nine months and I have already traded some PM's for...lets just say I feel much safer and I will probably trade a little more. I sincerely hope that there isn't anybody on here that is afraid to part with a little silver if it means arming yourself. EVERYTHING has been proposed for this weapons ban not just AR-15's and Kalashnikov's. They are coming for all of it folks! If anybody has been wanting to become more familiar with what to own and how to own it, I've included a few links below.

armslist.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88VNIeNSZo
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby njo.electric » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks guys!!! My wife also talked some sense into me ;)

Dang, this silver obsession of mine is hard to fight - when you start, it's so hard to stop wanting to add more!

njo.electric

Postby joemac » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 pm

My thought process would be along the lines of an ar15/22 or 22 handgun. My wife just picked up a Ruger SR22. Nice little gun and fun to shoot.
joemac
Penny Sorter Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 am

I didn't think they would let you move into the state of Utah if you didn't own a gun?
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby RedRockGirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:56 am

alpacafarmer wrote:I didn't think they would let you move into the state of Utah if you didn't own a gun?

He must have slipped through the cracks. We will fix that ASAP. :lol: :lol:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:36 am

njo.electric wrote:Hey all!

Long time too see (I forgot my password for my former screen name and can't remember it - oops!!) !!

So I've got an interesting question. Considering I don't own a firearm here in Utah, I have only brought my Ammo with me. I never owned a gun either, I was always too attached to my silver. Would it be a wise decision to sell my ammo and use the funds to buy more silver? A lot of my ammo has nearly doubled in value and since I don't have a gun to shoot it with, it's pointless for me to have.

What would you do?

(On a side note - Thogey and Shinnosuke - I GOT MARRIED !!!!!)

Congrats on your marriage. That's the smartest thing you've ever done in your life. ;)

How's this for priorities:
1. Water (1 week and expand from there)
2. Food (3 months and expand from there)
3. Shelter (permanent and mobile)
4. Protection
5. PMs
6. More of 2,3,4,5
7. More of 4,5
8. More of 5

And, uh, well...how should I say this...make some babies!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Kurr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm

My .02...

Since you are gonna be gun shopping soon, get some time in at a range. Find someone with something you might be interested in and ask them to take you to the range. Then you can get a real feel for whats comfortable for you and whats not.

At the very least see if you can spend a day plinking and shooting with a .22 lr. I think it will demonstrate admirably just how little ammo you really have. .22 seems to go REALLY fast on the range, lol.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals