PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: PM Rally

Postby fb101 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Can't even hear the crickets here..........
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Maybe because it's a 6 month old thread about a rally that never materialized.

New year, new rally, new rally thread
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 pm

I have a feeling that it is going to pop tomorrow. Based on no factual evidence. Mostly wishful thinking and a hunch when I look at the charts. Just putting that out there. Popped in on this thread hoping there was some breaking news. Figured I would add a little bit of uselessness before I hit the hay.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Morsecode wrote:Maybe because it's a 6 month old thread about a rally that never materialized.

New year, new rally, new rally thread

There have been several rallys during the span of this thread. And several reverse-rallys.
barrytrot

Postby Morsecode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 am

Fractional swings for the paper traders, yes. Sustained meaningful rise in price, no.

Jul3 - Jan3: $28 - $30...not much to get excited about there from the Stacker point of view.

Obviously, the forum is of a predominantly physical mindset, and the leading comment made seemed to confirm that lack of enthusiasm.

If there is sufficient interest, maybe now, at the year's start, would be an appropriate time to kick off an entirely new board dedicated to paper commodities. Heck, if it could include Softwood/ lumber pricing I might even follow it.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 am

Morsecode wrote:If there is sufficient interest, maybe now, at the year's start, would be an appropriate time to kick off an entirely new board dedicated to paper commodities. Heck, if it could include Softwood/ lumber pricing I might even follow it.

Expansion of the board into other commodities would be usefull to me.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

I thought this was a surprisingly good thread, even if it was very vague. Helped me make some paper plays.

If we are going to have continual commodities talk, it might fit better here. viewforum.php?f=17
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Morsecode wrote:Fractional swings for the paper traders, yes. Sustained meaningful rise in price, no.

This thread was created by a paper trader and was specifically referring to movement in the paper trade. For a long term "buy and hold" rally start a new thread when you see the signs coming for that please :)
barrytrot

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am

barrytrot wrote:
Morsecode wrote:Fractional swings for the paper traders, yes. Sustained meaningful rise in price, no.

This thread was created by a paper trader and was specifically referring to movement in the paper trade. For a long term "buy and hold" rally start a new thread when you see the signs coming for that please :)

Hey Barry, how are ya bud? i hope things are going well, the family healthy.

i just got done looking at the daily and weekly silver charts....every technical indicator, and it seems to me, silver is coiling right now, a LOT of latent underlying strength to it, therefore i'm going to say right here and now, this is the move that will take us, basis COMEX, above 40 dollars.

of course, we have to cleave thru the 35-36 resistance, which we will do, could take another 4 weeks, or 4 days....dont know, but we're going above 40.

i know you might POSSIBLY regard any analysis of mine as suspect, or lacking gravitas and currency, and thats okay. You dont have to justify yourself to me, and vice versa, nor do i cast any ill will on our dialogue.....but its my opinion, we're heading to 40.

respectfully, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 am

Since this is a paper trade thread, I thought I would add something.

I bought DSLV yesterday, and the silver drop never materialized. I decided to hold over night, and I woke up to find a small drop. Hopefully it holds until the markets open. I had no fundamentals behind this trade, it was just on a gut feeling.

Is anyone here good at charting?
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

deacon wrote:Since this is a paper trade thread, I thought I would add something.

I bought DSLV yesterday, and the silver drop never materialized. I decided to hold over night, and I woke up to find a small drop. Hopefully it holds until the markets open. I had no fundamentals behind this trade, it was just on a gut feeling.

Excuse the ignorance of this question but is the dslv a etc that shorts silver?
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

That was etf. My auto correct sucks.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby SoFa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm

It's a 3x inverse etn. So it's an amped up short play.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Actually Neil, your analysis is 3 things:

1. Always entertaining.
2. Always interesting.
3. Generally pretty reasonable! Always on -> no. But reasonable and therefore often quite good!
barrytrot

Postby deacon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:
Excuse the ignorance of this question but is the dslv a etc that shorts silver?

That's right. USLV is for going long, and DSLV for going short.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby fb101 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

What my chart says is something is coming but there is a lot of push in both directions.
Whichever way it breaks, buy a ticket and enjoy the ride.
I''ve got some long, but I need to know which way the wind blows before I jump on.
Thanks Neilgin, always appreciate input.
fb101

Postby Engineer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm

fb101 wrote:What my chart says is something is coming but there is a lot of push in both directions.
Whichever way it breaks, buy a ticket and enjoy the ride.
I''ve got some long, but I need to know which way the wind blows before I jump on.
Thanks Neilgin, always appreciate input.

+1...to the former as well as the latter.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NJstacker22 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 pm

deacon wrote:Since this is a paper trade thread, I thought I would add something.

I would definitely consider holding this for a few more days. I'm heavily invested in AGQ (2x leveraged ETF) and I am current'y getting my a$$ kicked after holding it WAY too long. However, at these rates I am considering picking up more and going for a wild wide :D
NJstacker22

Postby Coppercrazy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

bouncing back and didnt dip back into the 20s what do you think? Im going out to buy a few more dollars face! :wave:
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I don't understand some of the odd comments on this thread. What I do understand is the massive cycle shift. There is no hedge on, only accumulation. The upside cycle is going to be massive.
Price is about to commence north in efficient form.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I don't believe so. We've had a major cyclical shift in risk already from selling on blips to buying on dips.
Cheers!

Still valid!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Big picture view-
Hold on to your britches. The structure has shifted in the cycle that has deadlocked PM's for several months. A major surge in PM prices is imminent.
Cheers!

Still very valid big picture long term time frame. As such price is poised for a rocket launch like a Delta 4 Heavy!

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Glad to have you back JFF
TXBullion

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 am

So if you didn't get any Ag on Feb. 4 after JFF's timely advice, today would be a swell day to load up. After doing so, tell us about what kind of premiums you had to pay. Please keep your essays brief and to the point. You will be graded for coherency, and, as always, there is extra credit for the proper use of humor.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm

I only picked up the new Canadian wildlife series to finally finish off that unsatisfying collection along with 1/10 silver Indians. The premiums didn't seem much different from when I've bought in the past but I was told there would be a delay on the fractional Indians.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals