Other Indications Supply is Tightening

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Other Indications Supply is Tightening

Postby scyther » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Isn't that usually a sign that it's going to crash and they're trying to sell off?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm

neilgin1 wrote:nice eye Ray...i'm telling ya......more and more, this is all reminding me of the guns-n-ammo thing, but even MORE intense...once that train starts to leave the station, and in silver's case, it'll be a crowded platform ....once it leaves the station, and you aint onboard?

Agreed! I'm actually surprised that the guns and ammo and silver stacking worlds isn't colliding as much as it is because they have the same problem right now. Instead of people waiting to buy over priced pmags at $60 a pop, they should wait a few months for the price to come back down to $22 and buy two ounces of silver now. If every gun owner bought to ounces of silver for each weapon they own, the supply would be tightening even more and possibly cause damage to the Federal Reserve and banksters.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

scyther wrote:Isn't that usually a sign that it's going to crash and they're trying to sell off?

This seems right if things are "normal". I'm not saying they aren't.

But, if the big PM dealers are seeing that the public is waking up to silver, THEY WANT TO BE THE COMMERCIAL THE PUBLIC SEES! And they want to secure as many first time orders as possible.

Of all the PM stackers nationwide, I would guess 10% or less is as savvy as some of the info you read here at RC and over at BS on a day to day basis, most of them will buy from the same place they bought the first time (if they are treated well).

Just a guess........
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:45 pm

barrytrot wrote:My worst skill is also timing.

I have been pretty apt at knowing a good company or bullion from a bad. But the market's timing is in almost diametrical opposition to mine :)

So I do trades where if I am "sort of wrong" I still come out ahead. And I've done ok. I couldn't live on my investments, but they are a nice back-stop right now if I needed it.

good to know i'm not alone....i been buying silver this weekend, i'll show you all what i did, when i get done. There's been a good supply of 90%'er's to bid on, but the bidding is MOST robust. i'm talking about rolls. curious thing is, the bidders are mostly veteran stackers, but there are some very committed new buyers.

how do i know "new buyers"?....they got anywhere from 20 to 40 stars, transactions....there's been somebody, might even be from here, two guys actually, one with 2466 stars, the other with 1163 stars, sniping rolls at 35 times face...quality stuff.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 pm

beauanderos wrote:Just saw an ad on the Fox Channel by Lear Capital offering "Silver!" Their entire thirty second (or sixty, I didn't time it) ad touted the benefits of silver (no mention of gold... that's a first) as a timely investment that will likely outperform others going forward. Everyone should call their 800 number and ask for their freebies (pamphlet)

http://www.learcapital.com/precious-metals/ag.html

that sure is an interesting precursor for sure.

do i have to call them?...please no. i dont want to.

"investment"....that always makes me batty. i wanna shout, 'its no investment, its an insurance policy!!"
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:43 pm

I've been hearing that ad on and on for a few weeks now; meant to mention it. It was notable; when I first heard it my ears perked up at the change from the previous ads that were all "gold, gold, gold!"
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm

68Camaro wrote:I've been hearing that ad on and on for a few weeks now; meant to mention it. It was notable; when I first heard it my ears perked up at the change from the previous ads that were all "gold, gold, gold!"

:lol:

every time I hear it, I yell "shut UP!"
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:37 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:
68Camaro wrote:I've been hearing that ad on and on for a few weeks now; meant to mention it. It was notable; when I first heard it my ears perked up at the change from the previous ads that were all "gold, gold, gold!"

But... but... John, it's good news bad news. You may have less time to stack, but what you've already got will become more valuable more quickly :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 pm

beauanderos wrote:
OneBiteAtATime wrote:

But... but... John, it's good news bad news. You may have less time to stack, but what you've already got will become more valuable more quickly :shifty:

:D Easier for you to say, King Ray. I'm trying to catch up.
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby aaa30040 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

The website of tulving.com claims to have large quantities available. Are they slow to update or the big buyer can still buy (their minimums are huge)?
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals