Silver Bullets

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Bullets

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am

Its a lot easier to cast bullets for muzzle loaded weapons. I wonder how much a silver .50 cal ball would weigh? Or a .55 Minie ball?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:07 am

Engineer wrote:Nate runs GREAT group buys . . . but I'd rather see him start making silver ammo than buying it through NWTM.

I missed his last group buy but back your suggestion. Nate, if you make them they will buy. Consider this an offer for an advanced order.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby HPMBTT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:43 pm

They sure are pretty. I really like the design.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Keep in mind that you will have trouble flying with it. It may have to be put in a commercial ammo box stored in your checked luggage before they will allow it on the plane. They have so many stupid laws regarding ammo, and include fake ammo as real.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

There is a Group Buy over on BullionStacker if you want to get in. I will not be running one for these.

http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic ... 27&t=12823
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

The wait time on these is going to be stupid slow....id say 2-3 months at the bare minimum!!!

If there are members here who are not on BS I might be interested in running a SMALL group buy here and putting it in with the bullionstacker order. Payment will be actual cost plus shipping. Payment must be made to me at the time of the order. PM me if interested.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:06 pm

They ship free. Suck it up and order 50 ounces
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby slickeast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm

They probably will ship slow. They probably have a limited number of molds. I ordered some bars when silver was $9/ oz and it took 8 weeks
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby theshoenlebens » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Great offer highroller4321 !
I got in for my small purchase over on B.S.
I think they are around 500 ounces so far. :shock:
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

slickeast wrote:They probably will ship slow. They probably have a limited number of molds.

I think it has more to do with their business model. When you place an order, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey.

NWT plays games with time and money. No doubt in my mind. If I had to guess, I'd say they don't do a whole lot of hedging with paper silver because they don't own all that much silver on their own. They use the customers' money to float it instead. Whether they actually buy the silver for your order when you lock in, or hold off and try to time a dip, I can't say. The latter would seem incredibly risky, but given the standard delivery time of 2-3+ months, they could probably pull it off more often than not.

All speculation of course. Don't sue me for libel NWT. But I'm watching you...

The bullets are made on a lathe, not in molds. Actually more like a screw machine with a bar feeder. Should be an almost completely automated process. For something the size of the 1 oz .45 bullets, a single machine should be able to knock out a bare minimum of 1500 pieces a day, probably more. Stamping the markings on the bottom is a secondary process, but that should be as simple as dumping them in a feeder bowl and collecting the finished parts on the other side of the press. At least that's how I'd do it if I was trying to achieve their kind of volume.
natsb88

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

What? Waste silver bullets on an intruder? I prefer to give them a heavy dose of lead...and lots of it.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 pm

natsb88 wrote:The bullets are made on a lathe, not in molds. Actually more like a screw machine with a bar feeder. Should be an almost completely automated process. For something the size of the 1 oz .45 bullets, a single machine should be able to knock out a bare minimum of 1500 pieces a day, probably more. Stamping the markings on the bottom is a secondary process, but that should be as simple as dumping them in a feeder bowl and collecting the finished parts on the other side of the press. At least that's how I'd do it if I was trying to achieve their kind of volume.

+1

With the right machine, you could even mill the markings in the bottom without the secondary process of stamping.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 pm

natsb88 wrote:There is a Group Buy over on BullionStacker if you want to get in. I will not be running one for these.

http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic ... 27&t=12823

Thanx Nat. I got in on the buy also. Greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 am

natsb88 wrote: When you place an order, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey.

This may be the funniest and most true thing I have seen all day. :lol: :thumbup:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals