ebay daily deal.......sterling silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

ebay daily deal.......sterling silver

Postby kidman232 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:04 pm

never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: ebay daily deal.......sterling silver

Postby bigjohn56 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 pm

The heart itself is around 1/2 cm. A cm is around 4/10in. Therefore the heart is less than a quarter inch high.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Robarons » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 pm

No way!

Those might only weight 2-5 Grams at best!

At $14 you would need 15 grams to break even- which is not the case for these new cheapo sterling jewelry items. Just classic mark it up and discount it 80% Tricks. It looks cheap but I bet you that this weighs 3 grams or less so cost like $5 to make with manufacturing costs!
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby OtusLotus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 pm

What are you going to do with it?

If you are planning on scrapping it.. then def not worth it.

If you are going to give it to that someone special for VDay.... how could you go wrong!

I don't think it is possible (I could be wrong) to buy brand new jewelry at scrap prices.
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

OtusLotus wrote:What are you going to do with it?

If you are planning on scrapping it.. then def not worth it.

If you are going to give it to that someone special for VDay.... how could you go wrong!

I don't think it is possible (I could be wrong) to buy brand new jewelry at scrap prices.

If I gave a girl a heart pendant that was 2/10th of an inch high for Valentines Day my best guess is that it wasn't going to be my night to get lucky. Just my humble opinion. YMMV
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals