Barber Quarters

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Barber Quarters

Postby knibloe » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:03 am

The local antique shop has a bunch of Barber Quarters for $5 each. Dates are clearly legible, but I don't think any would grade above G4. Are they worth more than the $5 for the silver? Likely, I would end up paying $5.40 each for them due to sales tax.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Barber Quarters

Postby wayne1956 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 am

I have gotten quite a few when I have purchase junk 90% quarter bags, so your best bet is to look in the red book to see what the lower mintages are and to see if they have any. If not, then you are paying junk prices, and since they have more wear than Washingtons, then you are actually getting less silver, so I would probably pass them up (unless you find any of lower mintages).
wayne1956
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Barber Quarters

Postby MikeP2020 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:53 am

Thats not a bad price depending on how slick they are, I bought some VG8 to F12 barber quarters from my local shop for around $6 a piece.
MikeP2020
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals