Freedom Girl

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Freedom Girl

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 am

Have any of you ever done business with this company selling silver rounds?

https://www.silverbulletsilvershield.co ... llion.html

Any opinions on this design from you Ag experts?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Freedom Girl

Postby Engineer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 am

LOVE the design...but the company has issues with delivery times. DYODD.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:12 am

They say there are delays on the website. Are you saying that the turnaround time is greater than what they are claiming? Are you speaking from personal experience? And why the heck are you still awake?

Look at the premiums their products sell at.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=si ... d&_sacat=0
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

I'm still awake because I don't have to wake up until noon. :D

No personal experience with their turnaround time, but there's some pretty good rants over at BS...including one where they showed a video shredding a bunch of customer's checks for canceled orders without blanking out the account info. :shock:

It's a young company that's made some bonehead mistakes, but they do have some great products with flip potential. Just be careful dealing with them, and don't count on your order showing up on time until they've proven otherwise.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby db23 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 am

These are nothing more than generic silver rounds that will be selling for spot + $1 after the fad has ended. I'll give it to them for designing a nice looking round, but at SAE premiums? May not be bad for a quick flip while we're in the midst of the fad, but certainly not a good choice for a long term bullion investment.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am

Those are going for stupid money on e-bay! I knew I should have bought some of those death and debt rounds. They would have been a flipping good time.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Neckro » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

I placed and order for the slave queen on 1/19/13. still says processing. I am not worried even since this is my first time dealing with them. When it ships I'll update my post.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 am

db23 wrote:These are nothing more than generic silver rounds that will be selling for spot + $1 after the fad has ended. I'll give it to them for designing a nice looking round, but at SAE premiums? May not be bad for a quick flip while we're in the midst of the fad, but certainly not a good choice for a long term bullion investment.

thanks Shinn, for showing me this.....its a swell design...its great, the problem i have with it all, is that it politicizes silver ownership, and makes a really loud statement, in an enviroment where loud and out there statements, might not be the wisest course of action.

just in itself, thinking and MOVING in a post dollar mode, stacking silver, IS a political statement, albeit a quiet statement, a quiet rebellion, its almost as if we were all given fighter/bomber jet aircraft, and a target 750 kms away...my aircraft would be either a F-111, or that beauty the F-4 Phantom, and on my flight plan, i'm hugging the terrain. Sure it keeps you hyper aware, but i want to zip in, below radar coverage, to the target. no more than 250 ft off the ground.

these coins?...i applaud the message, give a hearty amen, and let others buy them and wait 3 weeks, but i guess i'm an ole skool square, who like ASE's and rolls of 90% American coinage.
good trading ya'll, n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 am

Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sterling Silver » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 am

I ordered mine yesterday and got a free copper round to boot. It seems he was having press issues and some other minting issue. I received the first two releases in a fair amount of time. A Proof round (I bought to flip on Ebay) has been on order since 12/14/12 but I got the DC# and should have that tomorrow. As generic rounds go, I could do alot worse.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am

neilgin1 wrote:
db23 wrote:These are nothing more than generic silver rounds that will be selling for spot + $1 after the fad has ended. I'll give it to them for designing a nice looking round, but at SAE premiums? May not be bad for a quick flip while we're in the midst of the fad, but certainly not a good choice for a long term bullion investment.

thanks Shinn, for showing me this.....its a swell design...its great, the problem i have with it all, is that it politicizes silver ownership, and makes a really loud statement, in an enviroment where loud and out there statements, might not be the wisest course of action.

just in itself, thinking and MOVING in a post dollar mode, stacking silver, IS a political statement, albeit a quiet statement, a quiet rebellion, its almost as if we were all given fighter/bomber jet aircraft, and a target 750 kms away...my aircraft would be either a F-111, or that beauty the F-4 Phantom, and on my flight plan, i'm hugging the terrain. Sure it keeps you hyper aware, but i want to zip in, below radar coverage, to the target. no more than 250 ft off the ground.

these coins?...i applaud the message, give a hearty amen, and let others buy them and wait 3 weeks, but i guess i'm an ole skool square, who like ASE's and rolls of 90% American coinage.
good trading ya'll, n.

Someone I know (you!) said we need to be like coyotes going forward. I agree. Just like the idea of flipping these coins on ebay.

Hey is that the French flag on the tail of that jet?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm

That's is/was an Australian F-111
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Thogey wrote:That's is/was an Australian F-111

Oh, how can you tell?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm

We'll that's an Aussie flag on the tail, plus the USAF and RAAF were the only Air Forces, to my knowledge, to use them.

They're pretty much gone now. One of the most awesome sights I've ever seen was a sqaudron of f-111s taking off at night.

They also used to do this "dump and burn" thing. When I was at the USAFA there would be fly bys occasionally. The damn things looked like they were exploding!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:28 pm

I bought the debt and death round, they had design/production issues, it took a long time for delivery.

I'm still waiting for my slave queen to show up too.

I might buy the freedom girl, I really like the other ones with the skulls though.

There is potential for a quick flip but I'm keeping mine. :)
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Check out the designers other art work.
http://www.wastweetstudio.com/
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm

PLEASE FORGIVE me if it seems like i'm "hijacking" the thread, but Thogey and Shinn, i cant resist......there's nothing more i love than flight in warbirds.....just talking about combat aircraft, there's aircraft i LOVE, and aircraft i loathe.....anything russian or chinese, i loathe, loathe MIGS, Su's, and the Chinese J-series.

my love affair with the Phantom was as a teenager in Korea, laying in bunk, say 0200, and hearing a pair of F-4's take off for a night CAP, always made me feel safe....i'd watch guys get in F-111's, take off, and feel envy. (i failed that light discernment test, thats why the Navy put me in Korean language school, i wanted to drive P-3's on ASW missions....for a sailor, enemy subs are the greatest threat, and i wanted to be one of the guys that hunted them)

i LOVE the B-1...The Bone....i know, supposedly it was a big cluster-f, cost overruns, etc but in the early days after nine eleven, i noticed our paramil's, called in the B-1's to gank the haji's, so....not bad.

here's a couple of vid's for you guys, the first is a amatuer filmed take off and fly by.....i posted it, coz you can admire the lines of this airframe....its got the most bluff beautiful lines, i think i ever seen on an aircraft...they're perfect, and the second vid is a real good mini doc, i think ya'll will enjoy.....okay lets go back to the thread! (lol...sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPrQcT6U_F0 take off and fly by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G48i6SErbd0 mini doc....REALLY good stuff, not boring.

now...about that Freedom Girl.........
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

I have heard lots of problems with them...I would be careful.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:Check out the designers other art work.

Of course... I like this one :clap: :lol:

http://www.wastweetstudio.com/csCDAFirestation.html
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm

beauanderos wrote:
RichardPenny43 wrote:Check out the designers other art work.

Of course... I like this one :clap: :lol:

http://www.wastweetstudio.com/csCDAFirestation.html

me too Ray.....i didnt lose anybody i know in the Towers, but i dont think i'll ever get over losing those 343 fireighters, as well as all those civilians....in fact, i'll never get over That Day....it hurts to think about it, it seems like yesterday.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Great looking rounds. I usually only get an ounce or two at a time, so I don't mind picking up random things here and there - variety is the spice of life. I may have to give them a try and pick one up.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

ive ordered a few of each and been pleased with the final product

i ordered my slave queens on the 1st and just received today

of course they put the check through as soon as they got it :)

shipping is high for just a couple rounds

like others have already said, i'd be cautious with a large order...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:43 pm

aloneibreak wrote:ive ordered a few of each and been pleased with the final product

i ordered my slave queens on the 1st and just received today

of course they put the check through as soon as they got it :)

shipping is high for just a couple rounds

like others have already said, i'd be cautious with a large order...

What is shipping on a couple of rounds? I looked on their site and couldn't find it.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

about 8 bucks :shock:

but sell 1 or 2 on ebay and it wont sting as bad
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 am

I've placed five orders with them and yes, they take FOREVER to be delivered. The most I have waited is 30 days and it looks like the coins I'm waiting on now will be longer than the. I was just going to keep them but I eventually broke down and sold half of them and am now only buying them to flip them so I can double my silver stack. that's the only silver I have ever sold. I think I will buy a lot of the freedom girl. I will sell half when I get it and sell the other half in a couple years. I tend to agree that these are generic round and right now a fad but at the end of the day they are only 2.99 above spot so it's really no big deal.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals