Tulving has 90% in stock

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tulving has 90% in stock

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Tulving has bags of quarters and dimes in stock, $.99 over. Halves $1.19 over.
He has 2013 SAEs $2.49 over.
Recently he has been out of 90% and iirc SAEs were $2.99 over.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Tulving has 90% in stock

Postby njo.electric » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Dang. The LCS in Salt Lake was charging 25x face for 90%.
The LCS wouldn't trade me a 2005 S Kennedy proof 90% for a 1964 junk Kennedy!!!!
Lineman by trade, crazy by nature. Student for now..

Piss on worthless fiat toilet paper, I'd rather have METAL any day.
njo.electric

Postby Robarons » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

This is one of the first times ever I seen 90% have higher premiums than 1 oz 999 rounds.

It should be noted his minimum to buy from him is small when buying 90% than 999

Also keep that proo 90% half! Other than it being a novelty it shows NO WEAR and can use the .723/oz formula vs the .715/oz formula when accounting for wear for 90%
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm

Robarons wrote:This is one of the first times ever I seen 90% have higher premiums than 1 oz 999 rounds.

It should be noted his minimum to buy from him is small when buying 90% than 999

Also keep that proo 90% half! Other than it being a novelty it shows NO WEAR and can use the .723/oz formula vs the .715/oz formula when accounting for wear for 90%

His minimum for 90% is $1000 face or 715 ounces. His minimum for. 999 is 500 ounces.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Robarons » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm

Well I am wrong then-

So you have to pay a larger minimum and pay a higher premium than 999 silver made by Johnson Matthey, Engelhard, and Royal Canadian mint? Crazy!
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby njo.electric » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Robarons wrote:Well I am wrong then-

So you have to pay a larger minimum and pay a higher premium than 999 silver made by Johnson Matthey, Engelhard, and Royal Canadian mint? Crazy!

Robarons - I wonder if it's because those bars are serialized? I nabbed a Johnson Matthey bar from a LCS in Provo two weeks ago and I plan on holding it just as a novelty :D
I also think there are higher premiums for those bars/rounds by specific mint's because they're "name brand" and "easily recognizable" by the general bullion community.

Thanks for the advice on that 90% Half! I will keep it then!
Lineman by trade, crazy by nature. Student for now..

Piss on worthless fiat toilet paper, I'd rather have METAL any day.
njo.electric

Postby BlackOut » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm

I just got done reading reviews on tulving. Doesn't sound like the type of company I would want to do business with to save a few bucks. Based on what I've read I'm sure he could care less about my chump change so I guess we are both good with where we stand. How do companies with poor customer service stay in business?
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Tulving does a lot of business. He makes a market and he makes a lot tighter market than his competition does. And he makes a market in everything he sells unlike others.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 am

BlackOut wrote:I just got done reading reviews on tulving. Doesn't sound like the type of company I would want to do business with to save a few bucks. Based on what I've read I'm sure he could care less about my chump change so I guess we are both good with where we stand. How do companies with poor customer service stay in business?

as i've stated repeatedly, my dealings have only been on Ebay, so when i read what you wrote, i wanted to see with my own eyes.

yow.......

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews/go ... /3-tulving

boy, its either love or hate, seamless versus nightmare.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby m21221 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 am

Too many fish in the sea as others have said. I for one would NEVER give/send money to that company with no protection (credit card). Danger! Danger! :thumbdown:
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 am

The most interesting thing is included in the comment below, which I will bring up again the next time someone here says "there is no shortage, Tulving has it in stock". Emphasis below is mine.

Something smells fishy. My experience is as follows. I was interested in trading some 90% for boxes of silver eagles. Due to what I have read about this seller online, I refused to consider shipping my 90% with the promise of receiving my boxes of silver eagles. I was NOT going to get caught up in some months long fiasco. So I called and spoke to Hannes. I explained that I would like to make a direct trade, face to face. I could meet one of his people in a bank, at my house, at their warehouse or wherever he wanted. He said that was not an option. His reply was "If we did it your way, then we'd be sitting on millions of dollars worth of metals." When the website says 100 boxes in stock, 500 boxes in stock or whatever, apparently it isn't true. So I said, "OK, get the boxes then we can set up the trade." Again, not an option. The only choice I was given was that I could drop off my 90% in person (2500 oz minimum!) and I would get a receipt. Then I could pick up the eagles in a few days. He wants me to hand over $75,000 worth of silver to HIM? Wow, and all I get is a piece of paper / receipt? No thanks. Apparently, my 90% would first have to be sold, then he would have the funds to buy eagles for me as they were not "in stock" as it said on the website. He was friendly enough on the phone. Sure, he was trying to suck me in with my 2500 oz of silver. Of course he's going to be nice. Once I would hand him the silver, all the power would then be in HIS hands and I would be the one sweating bullets. That was the first and last time I deal with those guys. I found another dealer and was able to make my trades face to face with no bs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:32 am

for those who don't like Tuliving, who do you recommend?
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 am

Tulving obviously works for most people. The question for me is whether or not you can stand to put those funds at risk. Which company can best stand a "stress test", or operates in such a way that they don't put customer funds at risk.

I was trying to remember if Tulving was one of the places Barry bought from in the Oct 2011 multi-monster box group buy. I looked at notes and past posts but couldn't confirm.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

BlackOut wrote:I just got done reading reviews on tulving. Doesn't sound like the type of company I would want to do business with to save a few bucks. Based on what I've read I'm sure he could care less about my chump change so I guess we are both good with where we stand. How do companies with poor customer service stay in business?

Easy.

They don't compete on service. Not all companies do.

They compete on price, period.

In business you have to focus on something to be successful and it doesn't always have to be what people expect.
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 am

m21221 wrote:Too many fish in the sea as others have said. I for one would NEVER give/send money to that company with no protection (credit card). Danger! Danger! :thumbdown:

If you wire $20,000 to someone you are protected by the laws of the land.

There is very little risk dealing with Tulving in my opinion.

And the opinion of people on the reviews I take with a humongous grain of salt.
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 am

There are members on BS who have had bad dealings with Tulving and will not repeat their experiences. There was a long thread on him at one point in time.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 am

beauanderos wrote:There are members on BS who have had bad dealings with Tulving and will not repeat their experiences. There was a long thread on him at one point in time.

There are also many people that won't shop at Walmart, Apple, Microsoft, etc.

I have zero fear in dealing with Tulving and have in the past and will in the future.
barrytrot

Postby db23 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

barrytrot wrote:
beauanderos wrote:There are members on BS who have had bad dealings with Tulving and will not repeat their experiences. There was a long thread on him at one point in time.

I have zero fear in dealing with Tulving and have in the past and will in the future.

One member at BS wired over 100K to Tulving and his order was sat on for months. My understanding is that it's Tulving's kids are running the show now, so service of the past isn't necessarily representative of the future.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 am

db23 wrote:
barrytrot wrote:

One member at BS wired over 100K to Tulving and his order was sat on for months. My understanding is that it's Tulving's kids are running the show now, so service of the past isn't necessarily representative of the future.

I'm not saying the BS guy isn't tell the truth (although it seems hard to believe) but if it were me and I had paid someone 100k on a product that should deliver in 3 days and it was day 5, I would have a lawyer speaking with them.

I paid for a coin once where the dealer "sat there" and he don't sit there for long once a lawyer is involved. I received my money back the next day. And it was far under 100k.

100k gives a person a LOT of leverage in the eyes of the law.
barrytrot

Postby Copper Member » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am

I am one of those. I would NEVER order from them again.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 am

Copper Member wrote:I am one of those. I would NEVER order from them again.

Could you describe the incident? Was it also a "delay" issue?
barrytrot

Postby Copper Member » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 am

I was very recently. I purchased 5 -100 oz bars. 2 months go by nothing. I paid with check. Check was cashed. According to their site, on a personal check, there is a 30 day wait. Well after 2 months, I call. I get the normal bs that they dish. You know, how we're running behind and how it should ship next week. Next week comes and then they want to blame it on the hurricane and how they aren't shipping. Well another week goes by and the same excuses. Finally, I asked to do a buyback just to get my money back. Took about a $400 loss on this transaction. From other posters on other sites, I've read the same. Just incredible. That's the truth of the matter so buyer beware.!!!!!!
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 am

Copper Member wrote:I was very recently. I purchased 5 -100 oz bars. 2 months go by nothing. I paid with check. Check was cashed. According to their site, on a personal check, there is a 30 day wait. Well after 2 months, I call. I get the normal bs that they dish. You know, how we're running behind and how it should ship next week. Next week comes and then they want to blame it on the hurricane and how they aren't shipping. Well another week goes by and the same excuses. Finally, I asked to do a buyback just to get my money back. Took about a $400 loss on this transaction. From other posters on other sites, I've read the same. Just incredible. That's the truth of the matter so buyer beware.!!!!!!

Ok, that's a VERY legitimate beef. How did they conceive of a way to keep $400? In addition to the interest on your cash?

How did they justify charging you on that?
barrytrot

Postby christostock » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 am

They have a buy price and a sell price.
Tulving will not simply return your money.
Instead they buy back what you have already paid for even though they are still in possession.
Spread is 90 cents between buy and sell = they make $450 if you buy 500 ounces and then change your mind 10 minutes later and want to sell it back to them.
This is common practice.
A locked in buy is a solid deal, MUST BE COMPLETED by both parties.
same for a locked in sell.
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Member » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am

that is correct. At that point, almost 3 months into the transaction, I just wanted to salvage what I could. Live and learn. I will never deal with them again and would warn others as well.
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals