Breaking $32

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Breaking $32

Postby slickeast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Silver just can't seem to be able to break through $32 and stay. I suspect when it does it will go to $37 quickly.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Breaking $32

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Yea it is about time for some action, hanging at a little over 30 is getting boring.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm still hoping for $25.00 before it takes off.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 pm

I'd like to see a drop to 10....for just a while so that us Realcenter's can corner the silver market!!! :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:I'd like to see a drop to 10....for just a while so that us Realcenter's can corner the silver market!!! :lol:

That wouldn't hurt my feelings either but I think $25.00 is probably more realistic.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

I think you will miss the boat if you are waiting for $10 or $25.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am

NDFarmer wrote:I'm still hoping for $25.00 before it takes off.

I'm with you!!! Just a little bit more hoarding. Perhaps the premium on 90% would shed itself....Walker rolls here i come!!! :wave:

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 am

I think $30 is the new floor and it's all todamoon from here (just at a snail's pace). I think we'll see $40 at some point this year.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:55 am

The scum want to buy it cheap, and the scum still run the country and the COMEX. Gensler hasn't grown a pair and announced the results of the longest "investigation" in the CFTC's history yet... So I think we're headed back into the twenties at least once more. This flood of Chinese fakes into the physical market is a very good sign. It means even the physical metals being sold to small timers are now being targeted by thieves. To me that is a sign that the physical market is getting tight with lots of interest by newbies. A good omen.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am

I think we'll see the 26-28 range at least once more. I just hope it doesn't breach that threshold. That would be a bad sign...

It's been in the $26-$36 range for quite some time now. It has to break out eventually. When it does, we'll know whether this bull market's really over or not...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:23 am

I don't care which way it goes, but I wish it would do something! I am getting bored lately. A $10 drop would be cool so I can back up the truck or a $10 jump would be nice so I can unload some stuff that I don't really care to keep, but also don't want to dump at these prices. At some point soon I am hoping for some market craziness. Bring it on!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:The scum want to buy it cheap, and the scum still run the country and the COMEX. Gensler hasn't grown a pair and announced the results of the longest "investigation" in the CFTC's history yet... So I think we're headed back into the twenties at least once more. This flood of Chinese fakes into the physical market is a very good sign. It means even the physical metals being sold to small timers are now being targeted by thieves. To me that is a sign that the physical market is getting tight with lots of interest by newbies. A good omen.

You don't think $30 is cheap? I do.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:The scum want to buy it cheap,

Why are you calling me scum? What did I ever do to you?
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks to slick, I had a really weird dream last night. :lol: This post was about the last thing I read before I went to bed and I dreamed all night. I have some SLV on board and was wanting it to get to $33.50 before I dumped it. I went somewhere and when I came back and checked it it had blown clear through $40! I pulled the trigger and dumped it....then I woke up really happy and realized I had only been dreaming..... :roll: Maybe it's a premonition??

Tonight I want to continue the experiment. I think I will check out the Victoria Secret website right before I go to bed.... :shock: May want to tell my wife to sleep on the couch though... :lol:

Sweet dreams everyone!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:43 am

NDFarmer wrote:

You know what I mean. The scum sandbaggers in JP Morgan et. al.

Of course we want it cheap! We're not stealing it from others when we buy it that way though :P
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Looking at the charts from the last 10 years you can see that almost every single time silver went stagnant, it turned around and shot up!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:
NDFarmer wrote:

You know what I mean. The scum sandbaggers in JP Morgan et. al.

Of course we want it cheap! We're not stealing it from others when we buy it that way though :P

Yes I knew what you meant. I was just messing with you. :lol: I agree with you ALL the markets not just silver are manipulated.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby justoneguy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:09 pm

if you think the price is boring now,
just wait for the summer doldrums to set in.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 pm

justoneguy wrote:if you think the price is boring now,
just wait for the summer doldrums to set in.

I hope the price goes down $3.00 to $4.00 before that happens. It will give me more of a chance to stack more.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 pm

I doubt it will drop below thirty for more than half a day. I think as soon as it goes below that some serious buying will happen all around. I know I would be tempted as soon as it hit 30.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
SilverDragon72 wrote:I'd like to see a drop to 10....for just a while so that us Realcenter's can corner the silver market!!! :lol:

That wouldn't hurt my feelings either but I think $25.00 is probably more realistic.

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking. I would welcome mid to lower 20's too! ;)

I'm buying regardless of the movement up or down...while it is still relatively cheap to acquire.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

You have to admit gang, this is a wicked consolidation. Just keeps dragging on...When I traded a while back (a little bit) I used to love nice long consolidations - they were like wicks burning until they hit the dynamite. And the longer the wick the bigger the blast.

I hope.

Just keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm

seems like silver barely moved at all today,every time a refreshed the price it was like in a 5 cent window-I havent looked at a chart for the day-but it seemed weird to me-I dont know what it means,but my gut tells me were not going to see it under 30 again-but what do I know? It seems awful undervalued as it is,in the low 30s! :ugeek:
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NJstacker22 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:22 pm

I believe I'm in the same boat as everyone else on here. I hold physical and paper (AGQ specifically). It's always a win/lose situation for me. When price is down, I'm typically getting slammed on AGQ (2x leveraged silver ETF).... HOWEVER, I'm buying physical on the dips. I have said it a million times (not here obviously) but I just want to see silver hit $35 so I can make some money on my AGQ holdings and from there, the POS can go wherever is pleases! But hopefully down of course :)
NJstacker22

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals