Hank Aaron medals. Ever heard of these?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Hank Aaron medals. Ever heard of these?

Postby uthminsta » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

Being a fan of the game and especially of men like Hank Aaron, I bought three of these medals / first day covers a few months back and sat them aside. I had forgotten to post about them until now... I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. They say "1/8 pound of precious metal," and are silver, copper, and gold plated silver.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Hank Aaron medals. Ever heard of these?

Postby OtusLotus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm

I have absolutely no clue...

just spent 20 minutes searching the net, and only found some other guy with a similar collection asking the same think! lol

BTW.. I sent some pictures to some guy that was selling similar stamp/coin memorabilia... hopefully he will respond
Last edited by OtusLotus on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Very nice. I am also a fan of the game, but my only MLB silver is a Griffey Jr round from the early 90s.

These are very cool pieces and something I'd buy if I ever tripped over them in a shop or yard sale for sure!

They've gotta have some value past metal content.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Bump. These coins are virtually nonexistent online. Anyone know anything at all about them?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agmoose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 am

Did you look on Beckett's website? I haven't been there in years, but they used to have info on oddball stuff like this.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 pm

I got a response from the guy I sent the email and pictures too..

told me that they were too new for his expertise, sent him a reply for guidance, but never heard from him again.
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals