about that 90% silver coin 'shortage'

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

about that 90% silver coin 'shortage'

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 am

strange as it seems, almost right at the same time, we all started to write about a 90% silver coin shortage, i've begun to notice a LOT of small lots, coming on to market.

its there, and Sheikh mentioned something in another post i thought was an interesting bit of market info; his LCS was carping about "everyone selling"...i've noticed that lightly on Ebay just lately, a lot of folks i never seen before, offering a roll here or there.

i know what it all is, its what Ray and others have talked about, weak hands into strong hands.

i'll say this again, this is all reminding me of the guns-n-ammo market.....its just that feel to it.

i only wish i had an unencumbered 10 to 20k, coz i would be buying with both hands...wouldnt even give it a second thought.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: about that 90% silver coin 'shortage'

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 am

neilgin1 wrote:i only wish i had an unencumbered 10 to 20k,

Rob some rich ***hole that deserves it.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 am

Higher prices, smaller paychecks, fewer jobs... The realization that the inaugeration has come and gone and the world hasn't changed is starting to sink in.

Plus if I had silver to sell, I would be holding out for the return of higher prices. I think that after a while some people can't hold out any longer and just need to sell.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

cesariojpn wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:i only wish i had an unencumbered 10 to 20k,

Rob some rich ***hole that deserves it.

due respect, and you might be joking, but you have me mistaken for a scum bag low life, son of darkness. i dont do things like that, or begrudge any man his wealth. i sure dont appreciate that comment, and i hope you said it in jest,
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby NJstacker22 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't know people are selling they're 90%. I will be holding/acquiring all the 90% I can for a while. I definitely see premiums rising drastically in the future for 90% as it becomes less and less easily obtained. I'm actually considering trading in some of my 10oz bars for some 90% Merc's...... hmmmm decisions, decisions...
NJstacker22

Postby njo.electric » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 pm

I picked up some 90% for 24x face today at my LCS in Orem - I get to cherry pick through all of the coins that I want!!
He didn't seem to have a shortage of anything that I was looking for :)
Lineman by trade, crazy by nature. Student for now..

Piss on worthless fiat toilet paper, I'd rather have METAL any day.
njo.electric

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I'll probably pick up some more 90 pct shiny this week! Quarters and dimes, yup! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals