Did I waste my money or...??

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Did I waste my money or...??

Postby Goof » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 pm

I bought this round and bar of silver the other day before joining this site for advise. Now after the fact I'm wanting some kindly expert opinions on what I got. Thank you all in advance. http://www.flickr.com/photos/goofypo/84 ... otostream/ I'm not sure how to insert a photo, but that link is to a flickr account I created to upload the two photos I just took. :?
Goof
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Did I waste my money or...??

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Looks like 2 ounces of silver to me. It depends on how much you paid for them.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby justoneguy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Do they say on them,
One troy oz .999 silver?
Geniric weird rounds and bars like those usually seem to sell right about spot.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 pm

The easy way to post that photo is found here-- http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19727&hilit=flickr#p184881

Last edited by henrysmedford on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Goof » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Thank you, and it was a little over spot ( i can't recall exactly ) but not much. And yes, I am amused that I took an upside down picture. My head is on backwards...
Goof
Penny Pincher Member

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 pm

You can rotate the pic in your flickr account.

They are generic rounds/bars so a little (meaning 75 cents or under) it was a decent deal. I would go for more name brand stuff though.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Goof wrote:Thank you, and it was a little over spot ( i can't recall exactly ) but not much. And yes, I am amused that I took an upside down picture. My head is on backwards...

Fixed :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 am

I have a few buffalo rounds IDENTICAL to those. All came from SilverTowne. All my other buffalo rounds like that have the Mint stamped on them.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am

Interestingly, this type of thing might get more popular with real collectors as the highly covetted stuff all gets faked to kingdom come. I was just beginning to like stuff in individual plastic cases, but have now realized that the cases just make it too hard to determine whether it's a fake in there or a real bar/coin. You can't win! Glad I've stacked as much as I have before all the fraud reached down to us poor stackers.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:31 am

Yea you know that "His Day" bar is real. No one is will ever fake that one!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NJstacker22 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Yea you know that "His Day" bar is real. No one is will ever fake that one!

^^ LOL

I actually like that bar. For some reason I'm interested in the older bars (70's and older). You can find some real interesting stuff and some of them sell at extreme premiums. Just an example, there was a bar (cant remember the mint), 1oz, with a naked female on the front... that's it. It sold for $85 on eBay!! That's insane. I mean, I know guys want a naked chick on a silver bar (two greatest things combined) but to pay that much is just outrageous. You never know, there may be someone out there who has been looking for a bar with an old man sitting on a couch watching TV for 10 years or something :D To each his own... If you like it, that's all that matters.

Like my LCS tells me... "an ounce is an ounce. It all melts the same".
NJstacker22

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

An ounce is an ounce until you sell it for a huge premium and use the profits to buy more silver. Those type of ounces are my favorite.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Goof » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you again everyone. I"ll have to stop by my LCS ( local... ? still trying to learn all the abbreviations hahaha) and see what other things he has in the rounds and bars.
Goof
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rollsroy9 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:19 pm

I have a handful of the same Buffalo Rounds but mine are 2002's. I generally don't have a problem getting $3 or $4 over spot for them so not a bad deal at all.
rollsroy9
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

NJstacker22 wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:Yea you know that "His Day" bar is real. No one is will ever fake that one!

^^ LOL

For some reason I'm interested in the older bars (70's and older). You can find some real interesting stuff :D To each his own... If you like it, that's all that matters.

Have you tried nursing homes?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fasteddy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Goof wrote:LCS ( local... ?
...Local coin shop, like LGS....local gun shop similar to ldd...local drug dealer :shh:

and what are those rods sticking up from that tiny TeeVee?
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 pm

fasteddy wrote:and what are those rods sticking up from that tiny TeeVee?

Look like antlers to me
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals