Does this listing seem strange?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Does this listing seem strange?

Postby mtldealer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/silver-1967-hal ... 3cceecb9c3

All the feedback consists of 3 of the same people?

Seems sketchy to me.
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Re: Does this listing seem strange?

Postby JerrySpringer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 am

Looks like a shill set up possibly. Would not bother as simplest thing is the auction is carnie barked. Besides, 40% or 90% coins on end of roll in multiple auctions? And that happens how often for roll searchers who get their boxes from banks? Seller, if in the locale where they purport to be from on the Ebay ID text, may be showing their hand of a silver vein?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 pm

This reeks of sketchy. Run away from auctions like that! He is rolling his own but you will be the one burnt if if bid on it!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Yep. With shipping you will pay between $30.00 and $40.00 for a roll with ONE 40%er in it and 19 clad halves that will have a value of about $13.50
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm

That is one lucky dude, with all those rolls with silver enders...woohoo! :clap: :roll:
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm

it would be interesting (if someone was really bored) to review the finished listings for similar items and see if the nonwinning bidders were repeatedly the same characters... shilling the bids higher and then dropping out and dumping it on unsuspecting "winners"
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mtldealer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm

I know and did you notice his other listings have other years too.
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Postby db23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 pm

I know someone that puts all ender rolls aside w/o opening them. His plan is to ebay them like this. Not saying that this guy is legit, but not everyone is a dishonest crook.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Not everyone is a dishonest crook, but the great majority of people selling rolls of unsearched coins with special ones on the ends are.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby db23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Not everyone is a dishonest crook, but the great majority of people selling rolls of unsearched coins with special ones on the ends are.

What evidence do you have to back this up?
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 pm

db23 wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:Not everyone is a dishonest crook, but the great majority of people selling rolls of unsearched coins with special ones on the ends are.

None, you should go buy some of those rolls. Tell me how it turns out. :roll:
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 pm

blackrabbit wrote:
db23 wrote:

None, you should go buy some of those rolls. Tell me how it turns out. :roll:

I already told you how it turns out. You will get a roll with one 40%er in it and 19 clad coins worth about $13.50 It's a great deal. :thumbup:

FOR THE SELLER. :thumbdown:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mtldealer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Is this a RC member?
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Postby db23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

I'll save all of my ender rolls and include them in the next KSA. :wave:
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

I will admit, I have bought a couple of these types of rolls in the past. Once, I did get a really neat roll, with two other silver coins and five more Indians in it, the other times........not so much. It is like gambling, you have to expect to lose and just enjoy he chase/hunt.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 pm

He is an HONEST crook! :lol:

I love the way the people that comment say that the unsearched roll came from the vault! :lol:
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm

db23 wrote:I know someone that puts all ender rolls aside w/o opening them. His plan is to ebay them like this. Not saying that this guy is legit, but not everyone is a dishonest crook.

If I EVER saw silver on the end of a roll I'd be opening the roll, not putting it up on eBay. No one lacks enough curiosity to resist opening the roll.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby db23 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:29 am

JadeDragon wrote:
db23 wrote:I know someone that puts all ender rolls aside w/o opening them. His plan is to ebay them like this. Not saying that this guy is legit, but not everyone is a dishonest crook.

If I EVER saw silver on the end of a roll I'd be opening the roll, not putting it up on eBay. No one lacks enough curiosity to resist opening the roll.

I get enders so often that the novelty wears off pretty quick. When I get a box where I open it and see 10 enders, now that's a different story. :D
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 am

db23 wrote:
JadeDragon wrote:

I get enders so often that the novelty wears off pretty quick. When I get a box where I open it and see 10 enders, now that's a different story. :D

How much coin do you go through a week?
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:21 pm

mtldealer wrote:Is this a RC member?

I wonder if it's that guy from the latest Doomsday Preppers episode....the Rock Guy?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals