where is this STEEP SILVER DROP coming from?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

where is this STEEP SILVER DROP coming from?

Postby uthminsta » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 am

What the murph is happening to silver right now?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: where is this STEEP SILVER DROP coming from?

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

more shenanigans (as usual!!) :x

check this out http://netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-time-forex-charts/FinanceChartPopUp.aspx?symbol=XAGUSD|netdania_fxa&name=Silver

click on the small icon for volume (red and green in the toolbar) to see what kind of outrageous volume it took to drive it down that much... in ONE minute. :shock:

and people think that silver isn't manipulated :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby NHsorter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 pm

The silver gods noticed that my wallet was empty and my bank account is drained, so they decided to tank the spot price just to taunt me. :D

Gotta find some stuff to sell and scrape up some cash because if they do this for another day or two, it's gonna be BUY BUY BUY!!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 pm

This makes me a happy. I was going to buy some this morning, but I was running late and didn't get a chance to pull the trigger. Happy Valentines Day to me. ;)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 pm

I like Jonfly's analysis - SILVER is under accumulation and a massive upsurge is coming soon. The dips ARE being bought, even though the raiders try to push it down with their massive leverage built on a stack of cards. I cannot wait until the day comes when these carpetbaggers are finally obliterated. I patiently buy a little on each of these profane dips.. Longer term: the longer we wait for that massive rise higher, the more exponential that rise will be! Personally, I'm tired of these SILVER fakers with their paper leverage. Take advantage when you can, be persistent and resilient... :ugeek:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey Country, Price pattern looks similar with gold. Do you expect the same with Gold? The all caps SILVER made me wonder if you are just bullish on silver alone or if you think we would get a big pop in all PM prices once it goes. Thanks for your insight!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Second verse, same as the first.
uthminsta

Postby NHsorter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 pm

I have been getting too cute with stocks the last few months and not doing well. Paying too much attention and making too many moves. Well, wise or not, I just bailed on everything and went 100% USLV. Now I just sit and wait. At least that is the plan. No need to check stocks constantly. Just ride it where it takes me. If silver starts screaming upward or downward, I'll hear it on Realcent for sure. Not even gonna log back in to the brokerage account for a while.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 pm

headed sub 30?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:49 pm

This has got to be literally the 500-th drop in the 3+ years I've been following this. Despite the repeated pressure from shorts, silver is higher than it was two years ago.

Why does this surprise anyone, now? Really... Measure your assets in ounces, not dollars.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby RedRockGirl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Bring it on! I'm not done hoarding yet.
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 pm

I just rolled half the equity from my SLV shares into USLV. If we see another $1.00 drop I'll roll the other half.... :thumbup: The charts weren't looking to good early in the week so hopefully that's all that's going on? We are just above that 5 year long term up trend line again. If we break that and close below it I may have to reconsider. :lol:

I still think long term spot silver under $30 is going to be a hell of a bargain. Just don't gamble with your lunch money though right? Might starve before the party gets here!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SoFa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Heading down to the gap in the chart. And then maybe the ones below that. The latest QE was a bust for silver.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Last two times I added to the stack it dropped within a few days. Im doing something wrong! lol
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 am

NHsorter wrote:Hey Country, Price pattern looks similar with gold. Do you expect the same with Gold? The all caps SILVER made me wonder if you are just bullish on silver alone or if you think we would get a big pop in all PM prices once it goes. Thanks for your insight!

He always puts SILVER in all caps for some reason. I think he does the same with GOLD and COPPER, but I'm not totally sure.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 am

RedRockGirl wrote:Bring it on! I'm not done hoarding yet.

+1
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 am

It's obvious why this is happening: I bought more SLV last week. Of course! Luckily I sold calls against it. But...

As much as we all like to accumulate, wouldn't a nice push to $40 be invigorating?

Stack! Stack now!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 am

silverflake wrote:It's obvious why this is happening Stack! Stack now!

It is obvious to me... this is tradionally the strongest season for precious metals. If THEY can keep the price suppressed so that it remains channel bound and trades sideways... or even drops further, then they've scored a major victory. Transition "seasonal strength" that has not manifested, into "seasonal weakness" (summer doldrums)... and who knows where they could bottom the price. If you've been paying attention, you'll note that the CME has implemented several futures margin cuts... so that when the price eventually DOES begin to climb again... then they have one more tool in their arsenal to slam it back down once again. :x :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby uthminsta » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm

rsk1963 wrote:headed sub 30?

We've been there most of the day... :roll:
And yes, I see all these dips (DIVES) as buying opportunities, but this is getting ridiculous!!!
uthminsta

Postby coppertone » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Take these declines as a gift. We all know where this story is going in the long run. Eventually paper silver (and gold) will be as relevant as paper dollars.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Gift? Yes it is... I love it when these gifts walk in. People are getting scared

Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby SoFa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 pm

I think the party's over. You guys better sell everything.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 pm

SoFa wrote:I think the party's over. You guys better sell everything.

Party's over as in at least the ASE's will still be worth $1.00 since they are legal tender? :lol:

I just added some more USLV so if we go to $25 it's going to sting a bit. Time will tell but I think they are handing us a good opportunity to add to the stack here. I bet the physical market is drying up again as we speak!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby db23 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm

I bet they weren't expecting the drop in silver/gold spot. ;)

http://preciousmetalhouse.com/
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Also note that the DOW was recently over 14,000. They want to scare people out of physical and back into paper. I started to get depressed because I was out of cash but just looked at my bank account and my 401k that I've been trying to cash out of was just deposited. I'm on hold with customer service so I can stack more.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals