where is this STEEP SILVER DROP coming from?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: where is this STEEP SILVER DROP coming from?

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 pm

SoFa wrote:I think the party's over. You guys better sell everything.

is that tongue in check?...or are you being for real?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Word from the predictors like celente (again) was... watch for a new market (Dow) high or peak (which we've seen) and a big drop in pm's. Fresh market crash (worse than 2007) to follow soon after. Just saying...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby deacon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Didnt metals also fall when the market crashed?
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:39 pm

There're some thinking this crash will be the big one - 2007 would have been that if not for extreme intervention, and I believe we came very close during summer 2011 but for more intervention. (Things got really freaky for a couple of weeks and I personally went to code yellow in preps before backing off.) I think TPTB are getting close to running out of bullets. Who knows; I'm not betting on the timing, just the end result. Sooner or later the dollar will die and it won't make any sense for you to value your PM in terms of dollars.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sterling Silver » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:50 pm

NHsorter wrote:The silver gods noticed that my wallet was empty and my bank account is drained, so they decided to tank the spot price just to taunt me. :D

I think we have the same silver gods!
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm

68Camaro wrote:There're some thinking this crash will be the big one - 2007 would have been that if not for extreme intervention, and I believe we came very close during summer 2011 but for more intervention. (Things got really freaky for a couple of weeks and I personally went to code yellow in preps before backing off.) I think TPTB are getting close to running out of bullets. Who knows; I'm not betting on the timing, just the end result. Sooner or later the dollar will die and it won't make any sense for you to value your PM in terms of dollars.

very good point!....it just drives me nutz, back in late 08?...the lehman moment and the whole TARP thing...President Bush was still in, before the election...me and some of the guys i grew up on the floor, we were going crazy....not because we WANTED to see the market tank....nobody was short. but we had ALL been thru the Oct 87 crash, and we thought, no matter the consequence. we have to let the market just trade out of this...ie...NO TARP...no too big to fail....obviously we have no input, but to us, the whole exercise seemed (as is now) FOLLY.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
SoFa wrote:I think the party's over. You guys better sell everything.

is that tongue in check?...or are you being for real?

Just kidding. But it is possible. After all, we might be starting another recession.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Silver and gold are in a downward trending band which should bottom at 1525-1560ish for gold and $27-29 for silver. The consensus amongst the gold bulls I listen to religiously seems that the bottom will be at or near May. Good opportunity to load up on cash and get ready for that final capitulation stage!
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals