cheap silver find

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

cheap silver find

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 am

I was at a market and everything made of metal was priced for tourists. so then i spot a small pile of coins. the country i am in doesn't have coins so i thought i better look through them. i bought one french republuc coin from 1929. It just had the silver look to so i asked how much.. the answer was about $3.50 andi@m sure i could have talked them lower. after i left i did the flick test and it sounded right then looked it up on the internet to find i got 27 grams of .90 silver for 3.50. Now I'm going back for more... after a foot massage.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: cheap silver find

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 am

:clap: Well done, sir.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 am

Nice!!!! WTG!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver Runner » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 am

Awesome, love to stack on the cheap.
Silver Runner
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am

Now that's frugal. WTG!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:34 am

So i go out looking for more and i find thousands of them. All fake. they were much lighter than the one i bought. I asked one lady where the silver coins were .and she lied and said.they were silver. i laughed and told her they were fake. She then told me she can get me a real one for $50US. I'm going to bring the one i purchased to the local silver shops and see if they can test it.

ill have more news tomorrow about my find.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OtusLotus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:30 pm

what country r u in?
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 am

Its a fake according to the silver smith but who knows. ill find out when i go home and bring it to someone i trust. but for now i have a good fake.
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm

+1 Interesting post..please share when you find out more.
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheba » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Asking again ... if you don't mind sharing the info. What country were you in when you made your purchase.

Thanks for sharing, even if you don't feel free to answer this question.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals