Credit suisse 1/10 ounce silver watch

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Credit suisse 1/10 ounce silver watch

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:41 am

I was going through my sterling stuff getting Market Harmony another package ready :-) and found a watch I had picked up at a yard sale a couple years ago for $1.

It has the credit suisse face and says 1/10 ounce 999 silver

The back of the watch says:

Sutton Quartz
Base Metal Bezel
Stainless steel back
20/2319
5FQ
Japan Movement

Is this really 1/10 ounce silver or is this just a replica of a Credit Suisse Bar? I tried to find one on ebay and can't find a watch like this.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Credit suisse 1/10 ounce silver watch

Postby Robarons » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am

Yes those are real.

As a watch collecter I have seen those, the platinum and gold bar ones are more popular. But it should be worth more (and cooler) as a watch.

Because its quartz you should be able to pop a battery in there and it should fire right up!

Hope this helps
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:35 am

Cool thanks; how much would it be worth as a watch?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Robarons » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:41 am

Well the maker and brand are 'generic' as well call them in the watch hobby and do not carry a premium like Omega, etc. The Japanese movement is standard as well.

But in running shape I assume something like $25-50 could be achievable on ebay. I do not do much with modern quartz watches as I deal more with the wind up styles.

One gram gold Credit suisse bar watches are $150 buy it now currently on ebay.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals