Thogey... is it really this bad in Arizona?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Thogey... is it really this bad in Arizona?

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Bigsarge wrote:I had to endure the misery of renting a uhaul a few years back. When you check it out, U-haul reqiures a fingerprint for that too. I could only imagine if I loaded it full of PMs. (wishfull thinking)

HOLY MOLEE!!!....i know your testimony is true, but minge! thats the first i heard of THAT! the last time i rented a tow trailer was in mid 09, and didnt have to go thru all that Orwellian nonsense....maybe its coz i didnt rent a truck or van....but that sure is ultra disturbing news.

now the "justification" these guys could use is, that bad guys could use such vehicles as mobile Boom Booms, and they're just heading things off at the pass....but there's always SOME justification used as the Constitution gets steadily shredded.

oh man....i'm gonna go make some pork chop suey, and brood for while, go out and watch a cow crap in the snow.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

tedandcam wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Nude dirt for miles, Cactti, javelins, and whip scorpians......You can keep um.

Add proctal exam while doing business to the list.

You forgot to mention wide grout joints :lol:

Yeah! Widest grout joints in the USA! :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Bigsarge wrote:I had to endure the misery of renting a uhaul a few years back. When you check it out, U-haul reqiures a fingerprint for that too. I could only imagine if I loaded it full of PMs. (wishfull thinking)

Was that in Arizona too? i've rented U-Hauls and Ryders in several states an have never (and would never) give a fingerprint for it.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Bigsarge » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm

dannan14 wrote:

Was that in Arizona too? i've rented U-Hauls and Ryders in several states an have never (and would never) give a fingerprint for it.

Have no idea about AZ, But here, yes. I just bought a used 4 wheel drive Dodge 1500, as a haul truck, don't have to worry about their BS anymore. I also told them (u-haul jerk-offs here), that I didn't need to buy their insurance, I had my own. They made me try to call my agent on that Saturday, to verify. After another 15 min of effing around, I finally succumbed to their "plan". never again.
Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.
Bigsarge
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Neilgin thank you for the kind words.

There was an episode of Homeland where terrorists financed part of there operations with gold jewelry. A terrorist group or large criminal enterprise using gold coins/bars to facilitate their operations would the give government an excuse to track the purchase an sale of PMs nationwide and the MSM the chance to stigmatize PM holders. Making the owners of gold (and perhaps silver) illegal using a 1933-style confiscation is too ambitious at this point, however a Bernays-style campaign associating PMs with criminal activity or anti-social behavior might make the argument for regulating or criminalizing PMs more compelling to the "low information voter"
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

theo wrote:Neilgin thank you for the kind words.

There was an episode of Homeland where terrorists financed part of there operations with gold jewelry. A terrorist group or large criminal enterprise using gold coins/bars to facilitate their operations would the give government an excuse to track the purchase an sale of PMs nationwide and the MSM the chance to stigmatize PM holders. Making the owners of gold (and perhaps silver) illegal using a 1933-style confiscation is too ambitious at this point, however a Bernays-style campaign associating PMs with criminal activity or anti-social behavior might make the argument for regulating or criminalizing PMs more compelling to the "low information voter"

it's only a matter of time before mention of "silver" and "gold" are on the federal watch-list radar screens
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Bigsarge » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am

neilgin1 wrote:

HOLY MOLEE!!!....
now the "justification" these guys could use is, that bad guys could use such vehicles as mobile Boom Booms, and they're just heading things off at the pass....but there's always SOME justification used as the Constitution gets steadily shredded.

neilgin1, You almost hit it on the head, but, If they would of fingerprinted Mcviegh when he rented the Ryder, what difference would it of made? My fingerprint was on the receipt, not the little Green DHS scanner. Also Mcviegh was not a person of interest at the time. It's like CBP's policy of fingerprinting foreign pilots AFTER they land a plane. If they land it at the terminal, I'm guessing, their really not a threat. The Government want's you to think that way, so they can just erode your privacy, 1 fingerprint at a time.
but that's my thinking. right or wrong, and after a night of drinking
Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.
Bigsarge
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

beauanderos wrote:
theo wrote:Neilgin thank you for the kind words.

it's only a matter of time before mention of "silver" and "gold" are on the federal watch-list radar screens

Meant 'em all theo...Ray...only a matter of time. Last night, when i had a "revelation", of the future machinations of the oliograchy, i sometimes think its all gonna happen TOMMOROW, but in the morning, i gain better perspective, and i keep seeing the year 2018...dont know why.

i DO resent the intrusions of the oliograchy,i do resent theft, in whatever form.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals