What does it require to crush the silver price?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What does it require to crush the silver price?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 am

head over to netdania.com. Pull up the silver chart. Look at the one minute graph.

click on the volume icon (red and green) on the taskbar... and you'll see the volume was twice what it was yesterday... and lasted three minutes instead of just one. For basis of comparison... this is TEN times the normal volume during busy days :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What does it require to crush the silver price?

Postby Mossy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm

A test run of the High Frequency Trading software?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

They're back at it again this morning. Two spikes over 5,000 a min apart, one over 10,000 :shock:
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am

So is the buy signal everyone is waiting for? ;)
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 am

well, I did read in recent weeks of people saying we'd never see below $30 again, and others that were waiting for a better opportunity. Maybe this is just that? :o

Doug... oh, Doug... you are going to be SO busted by the Cliche Police :lol:
Last edited by beauanderos on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

OK, I'll say it. It's my fault. I just made a major purchase a few days ago. I own this price decrease.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am

beauanderos wrote: I did read in recent weeks of people saying we'd never see below $30 again,:o

These people saying this must be young because I'm 56 years old and if there's one piece of wisdom I've picked up from 56 years of living is that you NEVER say never! :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 pm

On the big picture level we're still in a symmetric triangle in pms with a Breakout to be expected within a month or two. Breakout high or low? I believe the manipulators can only work in the short term, and the market fundamentals are strongly bullish for a continuation of the multi-year bull strongly to the high side. Have patience, and thank them for the incredible gift they've given us on these exaggerated pull backs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Time to look for good buying opportunities.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm

It took little old me to get in the market - that's all. I entered SLV 2 weeks ago on a trade. Stopped out today.

I had PAAS since last fall as a "long term" hold, but I always put 25% stops on long term holds and adjust for dividends - Stopped out of that one too. When will I learn.

Physical only!!!!!!!!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:24 am

refer to my first post in this thread and check out the one minute volume spike action on the silver charts at netdania.com

WAR is being waged in the trading pits right now :?
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

In a perverse way this is very exciting to see this played out (again) in front of us, for no obvious reason other than price manipulation.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 pm

68Camaro wrote:In a perverse way this is very exciting to see this played out (again) in front of us, for no obvious reason other than price manipulation.

...for no obvious reason other than proof of price manipulation?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby christostock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:55 pm

In my mind this is all a big setup.
Stock market approaching record highs, president says 100's of thousands of jobs will be lost, huge spending cuts are needed for the fiscal cliff bull[excrement].
Watch what happens in the next couple weeks :o
Stock market will crash as all the money is moved from stocks to gold and silver.
Metals will look hot, hot, hot but only because the big boys are moving funds to the necessary places to prepare for the market drop and the metal climb.
I think we have seen this game before :roll:
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 pm

70,000 contracts in one minute? Really? :roll:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:In a perverse way this is very exciting to see this played out (again) in front of us, for no obvious reason other than price manipulation.

...for no obvious reason other than proof of price manipulation?

Yeah - that's really what I meant. Thanks
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 am

See...You guys were all wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-1 ... ver-prices
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 am

shinnosuke wrote:See...You guys were all wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along.

"cleared"?!?.....no! how can this be?!?...imagine my surprise!!!

dont worry, dont fret, i say this NOT in jest.....but the lake of fire never ending is a MILLION DEGREES HOT!!...and just like that ole rich dude in Scripture?...the one down in the fire...looking up and seeing poor ole Lazarus,a wretched beggar in life, NOW sitting in Heaven, next to Abraham, what was he saying?...or begging?...."oh just give me one drop of water to cool my tongue...please"....and Abraham said..."i'm sorry, fore there is a great chasm FIXED between here and where you are".

i can see them all celebrating...THEY got off the hook....oh no, they havent. they are idol worshipers, and too greedy and stupid to fear God, they aint "off the hook"....and if i went in there?...and warned them NOW?...to repent?...they'd have me tossed by security guards, and probably arrested for trepass......oookay.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

shinnosuke wrote:See...You guys were all wrong. Nothing to see here. Move along.

These guys who have been claiming manipulation couldn't prove it when given the chance? Lame.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am

OJ couldn't be proven to be a murderer either - doesn't mean it wasn't so.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Doesn't take that much to buy a judge nowadays. :shifty:
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals