How Low Can It Go?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How Low Can It Go?

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 am

Silver has dipped to $28.86 as I type this. The lower price doesn't bother me at all as I look at it as an opportunity to buy. Here is my problem: I am starting to run out of money to "buy this dip." I can't help but wonder how much lower she's going to go. What do all of you think? There are a lot of people on here who spend a lot more time studying charts and trends than I do and who know a lot more about the market than I do and I value your opinion. Thanks.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: How Low Can It Go?

Postby Country » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 am

No one knows for sure, but the charts do indicate that SILVER has strong support in the $26-$27 range. It has bounced 5 times from this level since 2011.

I think it is very oversold right here, but SILVER could go to $28 very easily.

Nasty little correction, LOOK FOR DEALS!!! :mrgreen:

JonFly - Could you offer some insight? :?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

Wow! Still dropping. Good thing I held off on a couple buys that were tempting yesterday! I have no real insight to anything except that the big picture is the same. So if you are freaking out sell your stuff now, here on realcent. I am looking for deals.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

It may go lower, but I just jumped in with a pretty substantial (for me) long position. So hopefully it doesn't reduce too much more :)

I'm quite bullish at this level :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SoFa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 am

The more times it tests support, the less likely it is to hold.
My guess is silver goes lower and SLV fills the gaps.
Get ready for some cheap silver.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby $nack-Money » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 am

$19 silver coming soon
$nack-Money
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JobIII » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 am

That kind of mentality got me banned from Silverseek... :D
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 am

...bouncing back?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JobIII » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

I wouldn't get your hopes up shin. I wouldn't be surprised in silver went below $27 by next Friday.
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

SoFa wrote:The more times it tests support, the less likely it is to hold.
My guess is silver goes lower and SLV fills the gaps.
Get ready for some cheap silver.

sure nuff.....its all tied to equities, imo. for all intensive purposes, the board, futures is a jimmy rigged market....four plus VERY LARGE sellers, perma shorts with all the money in the world at their disposal.

now equities are mucho vulnerable, and i make this statement on the basis of two charts,

M2 Velocity

and i couldnt find a suitable jpg image of the Baltic Dry Index shipping chart, which is a disaster, here's a link to an interactive BDI chart, you can hit the "5 yr" chart for some perspective.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BDIY:IND/chart

and a good ZH article, which deals with an 8% plunge in the BDI from 12 Dec 2012

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-1 ... -most-2008

so, maybe we're on the eve of really steep equities sell off...maybe the "sequestor" will be the push, just as Lehman was the push in 08, which took silver down to $9.....i cant "make a call" where we go,simply coz the board IS so jimmy rigged.....but if we do get into the 9 to $15, it will be interesting to see, REAL WORLD, how many guys will sell physical silver at 15...or 12....or 9......would you?

i know everyone here is salivating at the prospect of MAYBE being able to buy $15 silver....or $10! silver....but, correct me if i'm wrong, but you need a willing seller, right?

this is a crazy thought, but WHAT IF, the board to physical went ballistic?...the board quote is 15, but the lowest physical you could find would be maybe $9 over?...i dont know....seems like everything is pinging off equities.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 am

JobIII wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up shin. I wouldn't be surprised in silver went below $27 by next Friday.

Hey Job, I have bought a lot (for me) lately and, as a result, feel a little tightness in my gut, but the best outcome for me would be lower still because I'm still buying. Dollar cost averaging is my friend.

By the way, how did you know to call me "shin" instead of "Shinn" as many do here?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Breaking to the downside of the 200 day moving average is usually a fairly accurate indicator of a good buying opportunity.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby JobIII » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
JobIII wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up shin. I wouldn't be surprised in silver went below $27 by next Friday.

By the way, how did you know to call me "shin" instead of "Shinn" as many do here?

What is this about your name?

I agree that dollar cost averaging will buffer your profit/loss margin.
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I already got my buying done (last week) so I am all set. haha. Thanks Ray.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 pm

JobIII wrote:That kind of mentality got me banned from Silverseek... :D

how so?....by being a truth teller?...which makes you a heretick in the 'church of the 1st Ag PermaBull"?

i mean i think silver's worth somewhere between $500-1000 an ounce, but like i said above, we could see 9 dollar silver again..ON THE BOARD.

now if you want a good laugh, or to get angry....check out THIS heretick...the poor lad is vitamin D deficient.....he's saying, the FED has it right...slamming "gold bugs"....this heretick wouldnt just get banned from a forum....oh no, he'd get the stake, and bitumen soaked oak brush...and FIRE!!! lol

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/critics-damned-bernanke-getting-munson-141630347.html;_ylt=ApwggehBxeD8LhO1vOos7IGiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTNycmpqMDYxBG1pdANGUCBUb3AgU3RvcnkgTGVmdARwa2cDMDRlMDM2MWEtZjg3Zi0zNTJlLTk5N2YtOTIyMGYyNTgzZWY4BHBvcwMyBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyA2M4Mzk4OWEzLTdiNmEtMTFlMi1hZmU3LTZlODRmYTMyYzE4ZA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

check this out, the sequester food fight is heating up!!!
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rhetoric-turns-harsh-budget-cuts-033300547.html;_ylt=Arfhs2S0kFbU7HTXvvE65lCiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTRwcnFxM3RhBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIFRvcCBTdG9yaWVzIG1peGVkIGxpc3QEcGtnAzAxOWViMmYwLWNhOTQtM2NhYi04NjcyLTlkMGY4MWEyMDg5OARwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyAzcwMjQ2OTgzLTdiNTQtMTFlMi1hZTlmLThkY2M4MDYxYzJhMA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
as Apple goes, so do equities, and as equities go, so does silver.......did you really get banned?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby JobIII » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Not to really harp on it. But I think the idea that someone could honestly see silver below $15 made some people uneasy at that site. I simply defended a position that was contrary to the group think that site promotes and resulted in a ban.

Not the end of the world, just surprised that it happened.
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm

which I had a crystal ball! We've seen strong support at 26.00 for a long time now.I cant resist making small purchases at the local shops when ever silvers under 30! I say this is a great buying opportunity especially from local shops that sell for basically at spot! If it goes much lower,I dont think they will have any to sell,unless they buy it at the current price,which could easily happen,someones always selling off inherited coins,etc... 8-)
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

I do think if theres a steep drop the premium over silver in all forms will widen! Anybody keeping an eye on how auctions are ending today on ebay?
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Coppercrazy wrote:I do think if theres a steep drop the premium over silver in all forms will widen! Anybody keeping an eye on how auctions are ending today on ebay?

you'd have to look forward three days or so to see any impact. Auctions ending today already had maximum bids placed when spot was higher.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby HPMBTT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

"How Low Can It Go?"

$4.06/oz (11/22/2001) :)
$3.61/oz (2/27/1991) :)
$3.57/oz (3/4/1993) :)

And finally...my favorite (sorry, can't help it). This is for the completists. This is truly the correct answer:
.05 for a silver war nickel from CRH (.89 cents/oz)
.10 for a silver dime from CRH ($1.38/oz)
.25 for a silver quarter from CRH ($1.38/oz)
.50 for a silver 90% half dollar from CRH ($1.38/oz)
.50 for a silver 40% half dollar from CRH ($3.38/oz)
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppertone » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:18 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Coppercrazy wrote:I do think if theres a steep drop the premium over silver in all forms will widen! Anybody keeping an eye on how auctions are ending today on ebay?

you'd have to look forward three days or so to see any impact. Auctions ending today already had maximum bids placed when spot was higher.

Prices started to fall a week ago on E-Bay, at least for the type of coins I buy(Canada 80% dollars) although prices have stabilized somewhat since yesterday. I think what will happen is that the number of listings will fall sharply in the coming weeks.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm

JobIII wrote:.......... I simply defended a position that was contrary to the group think..........

i'm sure you realize, those words you just wrote, are at the heart of so many business failures, military defeats, intelligence failures, etc etc etc.

the very words, "group think" drive me crazy..."group think" is why we are, where we are today, in foreign policy, economic policy,etc give me the lone voice of dissent, thats who i want to hear from.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

If I had the money free, I'd be buying like crazy right now. Silver and gold will go back up some time. Better to buy /near/ the bottom than near the top.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

I literally tapped 100% of my dry powder today.

Could it go lower? Yes?

But here is how I make my decisions in terms of "time to buy". Very simple:

Is the down closer than the up. And it is much closer to the very bottom than even a reasonable "top".
barrytrot

Postby DirtyFingers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Mossy wrote:If I had the money free, I'd be buying like crazy right now. Silver and gold will go back up some time. Better to buy /near/ the bottom than near the top.

Well said! :clap: Short, simple and to the point which is exactly where I am at. I made a significant buy midday before another drop this afternoon thinking that PM will probably drop further but I was concerned that the supply may dry up soon.
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals