I did my duty. Did anybody else here as well?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I did my duty. Did anybody else here as well?

Postby Rastatodd » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 am

I scraped together the last bit of currency I could find and strolled over to Silvertowne and bought a 5 ounzer for $155.30 less the 1% cash back from my credit card. Total out of pocket cost is $153.75 with free shipping. Did anybody else put some money down on some purchases of their own. Just wondering.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: I did my duty. Did anybody else here as well?

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 am

Yep. I scraped all of my loose cash together and ordered a few ounces of stuff that I'd been looking at for a while, but hadn't pulled the trigger on. If it drops a few more dollars in the next week or so, I'm going to have to resort to selling stuff to buy more. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:34 pm

you mean you guy's weren't all in prior to this?
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Yep each day silver dropped I bought 10oz. But I paid the same price as if it never dropped
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby db23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Who waits for it to drop? I bought all last week before we had the sharp drop. :(
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Didn't buy. No funds to buy with. I mean nothing. I'll for sure pick up 3 rolls of Kennedy's with my tax return. :thumbup: Maybe prices will stay the same or go even lower at that time.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Yes, yesterday I visited my LCS and cherry picked 57 circulated Franklin halves at $11 each. No sales tax here in Oregon so its nice to be able to pick your our coins while paying no taxes or shipping. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dakota1955 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm

still waiting before I buy this time
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mbailey1234 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 pm

I snagged a little physical but shot my wad a little early on the paper play. Still have a few FRN's available but it will take $26.50 before I pull the pin on that.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Well, today I grabbed 1 '64 quarter and about 8 dimes from the same year! The 90 percent bin didn't have much left in it. I also acquired about 4.85 in Canadian nickels...at FV!

My LCS was all out of BU SAE's today. Usually, they have a couple of trays full of them. Someone came in and scooped them all up!

There were some prior year ounces left....but I will have to wait a little while to grab some. :(
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cent1225 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Yup:
Went to my local pawn shop were I shop weekly and bought 10 oz. of eagles and englehard 1ouncers at $1 over.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm

bought 3 prospector rounds for $90.00
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby baggerman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm

I bought $5 face of 90% from silvertowne for $110.95 shipped less 1.5% from my CC.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BenG76 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I added 10 more halves to my daughters pile today. Instead of putting her money in a savings account we put it in silver. She got a good bit of money at Christmas and I hadnt bought her any silver with it yet. Still need to pick up a bit more for her as well as myself. Not much to choose from locally right now.
BenG76
Penny Sorter Member

Postby knibloe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I would buy some junk 90% locally but can't find any. There is one LCS that might have some at melt, but the taxes amount to a $2.40 permium per oz.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:58 pm

frugi wrote:bought 3 prospector rounds for $90.00

Nice! I picked up 3 BU Prospectors (fresh from a mint sheet) for $32 each.

I'm hoping to grab a few more rounds this weekend.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm

planning on this Monday to buy 90%
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I got a 2013 Libertad from Apmex today, along with some silver 1 ounce average circulated pesos!

So yes, I did acquire more today! :)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 am

Picked up $20 in 90%, 14 XF Morgans and a couple Mexican gold 2 peso coins from a couple different LCS in my area. One LCS was low on junk, but the the other had plenty of dime, quarters and halves, but only had about 50 circulated silver dollars to pick thru.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

I have to admit- I'm envious of you guys with an LCS. All I have here is a sleazy pawn shop that usually either doesn't have anything or has a little at ridiculous premiums. Pretty much all of mine has to come from ordering or auctions. It would be cool to be able to go down to a brick and mortar store and buy some silver whenever I felt like it.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Looks like ever one has been busy building their stack. The thing about LCS here in Minnesota the politicians tax bullion but not collector coins. So I am looking into 90% US junk, which I don't have a lot of. As for you people picking up Engelhard prospectors for $1 over spot, all I have to say to you is. "Damn you all to Hell". Imagine Charlton Heston in the final scene of Planet of the Apes. :D
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Hawkeye wrote:I have to admit- I'm envious of you guys with an LCS. All I have here is a sleazy pawn shop that usually either doesn't have anything or has a little at ridiculous premiums. Pretty much all of mine has to come from ordering or auctions. It would be cool to be able to go down to a brick and mortar store and buy some silver whenever I felt like it.

here is 51 stores in Iowa. http://coindealers.org/iowa

Are you telling me, you are so far in the middle of nowhere that there isnt any coin stores anywhere near you? If so, sounds like you need to open one, you would have a monopoly. You probably arent the only one around who likes "coins".
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Rastatodd wrote:As for you people picking up Engelhard prospectors for $1 over spot

I got 3 for $0.10 over spot from a guy who had 50 for sale, but I had to have cash right then, so I could only buy as much as I could pay for right then. Believe me, if I had the opportunity to have him hold any for me, I would have bought all 50. At the time I bought from him silver was at $29.90/oz.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 pm

frugi wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I have to admit- I'm envious of you guys with an LCS. All I have here is a sleazy pawn shop that usually either doesn't have anything or has a little at ridiculous premiums. Pretty much all of mine has to come from ordering or auctions. It would be cool to be able to go down to a brick and mortar store and buy some silver whenever I felt like it.

here is 51 stores in Iowa. http://coindealers.org/iowa

Are you telling me, you are so far in the middle of nowhere that there isnt any coin stores anywhere near you? If so, sounds like you need to open one, you would have a monopoly. You probably arent the only one around who likes "coins".

There is one about 45 minutes away, but between the drive and the premiums they charge (the only thing they do even close to melt is Canadian 80% and they usually don't have that), I don't go too often. I've tossed around starting some kind of coin shop before, but so far that's all the further I've gotten with it. :?
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 pm

No LCS here but, been buying all the way down and working on a (for me anyway) a big one at this current level.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals