I did my duty. Did anybody else here as well?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: I did my duty. Did anybody else here as well?

Postby silverflake » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Bought a 2013 silver eagle and a circulated Walking Liberty half at LCS Friday. I was literally rolling change to scrape together money to buy something silver and shiny. Budget is wicked tight right now.

Stack until it hurts, friends.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am

silverflake wrote:Bought a 2013 silver eagle and a circulated Walking Liberty half at LCS Friday. I was literally rolling change to scrape together money to buy something silver and shiny. Budget is wicked tight right now.

Stack until it hurts, friends.

Silverflake,
I know ya, I feel ya. Wish I had more money to drop but just not the case. Who says we are coming out of a recession. With the price of gas and groceries, see what a pound of ground hamburger goes for now a days. I just do my best with what I can afford to put a stack together. Good luck to you on your stack hoarding.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
frugi wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I have to admit- I'm envious of you guys with an LCS. All I have here is a sleazy pawn shop that usually either doesn't have anything or has a little at ridiculous premiums. Pretty much all of mine has to come from ordering or auctions. It would be cool to be able to go down to a brick and mortar store and buy some silver whenever I felt like it.

here is 51 stores in Iowa. http://coindealers.org/iowa

Are you telling me, you are so far in the middle of nowhere that there isnt any coin stores anywhere near you? If so, sounds like you need to open one, you would have a monopoly. You probably arent the only one around who likes "coins".

There is one about 45 minutes away, but between the drive and the premiums they charge (the only thing they do even close to melt is Canadian 80% and they usually don't have that), I don't go too often. I've tossed around starting some kind of coin shop before, but so far that's all the further I've gotten with it. :?

Believe it or not I think I have it worse. We have a few pawn shops locally but they sell WAY over spot. 85-90 miles away there are several coin stores. I have been into two of them. Both bought at horrible prices (60% of spot or so) and sold even worn junk well over spot. Although strangely they had some really nice morgans with about the same premium youd expect for them, with cull morgans at nearly the same price.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 pm

I got 28 Morgans for $600, all look nice, no serious wear.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby NJstacker22 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:I got 28 Morgans for $600, all look nice, no serious wear.

^^ That's a great deal! I would be all over that one :clap:

I'm actually selling right now (only some to help fund something)... but after that I'll be buying again. Hopefully we don't get a HUGE pullback right after I sell some :/
NJstacker22

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

I'll give you 650 for them, easiest 50 bucks you ever made! :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 pm

blackrabbit wrote:

I'll give you 650 for them, easiest 50 bucks you ever made! :mrgreen:

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm still stackin'.

I got them from a private party by publishing this ad on my local craigslist:

http://twinfalls.craigslist.org/wan/3628057060.html

I rounded up my offer price to an even $600.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals