Imagination running a bit wild

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Imagination running a bit wild

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:23 pm

So I'm sitting in the bedroom of my apartment, sorting coins and watching Mad Men. From the distance I hear the distinctive sound of a helicopter approaching. I think nothing of it. I hear choppers and police sirens all the time where I live. The sound of the copter is gradually increasing in intensity, and it's growing to the point where things are beginning to rattle. A few moments pass as I disregard the noise. The sound is loud now, and hasn't altered in magnitude for a couple of minutes. Things are actually shaking in the apartment. I've been buying into Neil's posts too much, and I don't have a team of British commandos to guard me. :shock: I'm half imagining a black-clad silver confiscation squad beginning to rappel down upon me from the copter that must be hovered less than 100 feet directly above me :? Just before the front door is splintered open by a battering ram, I decide to investigate...

It's the washing machine. The load got lopsided or something.

Thanks, Neil :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Imagination running a bit wild

Postby Bham » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Hahahaha, did the filibuster backfire?? :lol:
Bham
Penny Collector Member

Postby hirbonzig » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I heard those pesky Obama drones sound alot like washing machines. ;)
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Hey Ray, if you need someplace to store your silver until it's safe, i think I can help you with that... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

beauanderos wrote:So I'm sitting in the bedroom of my apartment, sorting coins and watching Mad Men. From the distance I hear the distinctive sound of a helicopter approaching. I think nothing of it. I hear choppers and police sirens all the time where I live. The sound of the copter is gradually increasing in intensity, and it's growing to the point where things are beginning to rattle. A few moments pass as I disregard the noise. The sound is loud now, and hasn't altered in magnitude for a couple of minutes. Things are actually shaking in the apartment. I've been buying into Neil's posts too much, and I don't have a team of British commandos to guard me. :shock: I'm half imagining a black-clad silver confiscation squad beginning to rappel down upon me from the copter that must be hovered less than 100 feet directly above me :? Just before the front door is splintered open by a battering ram, I decide to investigate...

oh just great....blame it on me. G'head!!! Join the crowd! listen, serious, there's a long line of people, that think i flipped my wig a LONG TIME away,....(i wrote a really long response, but "x"'ed it, not coz i dont think you worth it, i'm just tired of having to feel like i have to justify myself)

i dont have to justify myself. i just got screamed at, by a long time friend, when i DARED ask him if he saw Rand talking yesterday.

he screamed, calling Rand all sorts of names, screaming at me, saying he doesnt want to "talk politics".....and this guy, who was a good friend, just joins the ranks, of other friends, ALL from the city, who i was once tight with, but when they had that recent anti-2nd amendment PUSH going on?...every single person i used to hang out with, run with....they all joined the crowd...."oh, guns are bad.....ban assualt rifles, etc"...this guy today, who was screaming at me?....i didnt once adopt his tone...didnt raise my voice, in fact i was saying, "hey i'm sorry, i didnt mean to upset you, i dont "argue" at all"...when the reality is.....when he was going on and on, with this anti-2nd amendment stuff, i NEVER 'called him" on his hypocrisy, which is...the kid's an ex-felon (drug pinches) he couldn't even purchase a firearm if WANTED to....but i never said that to him, or in public.....a social media platform, like facebook.

know why i didnt say anything?...coz i didnt want to hurt him. thats the key; words can either hurt, or they can heal, its our choice.

that said, the bravest man in America today is Senator Rand Paul because he had the balls to say what nobody else in America is saying...OR asking.

so there ya go.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:55 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:So I'm sitting in the bedroom of my apartment, sorting coins and watching Mad Men. From the distance I hear the distinctive sound of a helicopter approaching. I think nothing of it. I hear choppers and police sirens all the time where I live. The sound of the copter is gradually increasing in intensity, and it's growing to the point where things are beginning to rattle. A few moments pass as I disregard the noise. The sound is loud now, and hasn't altered in magnitude for a couple of minutes. Things are actually shaking in the apartment. I've been buying into Neil's posts too much, and I don't have a team of British commandos to guard me. :shock: I'm half imagining a black-clad silver confiscation squad beginning to rappel down upon me from the copter that must be hovered less than 100 feet directly above me :? Just before the front door is splintered open by a battering ram, I decide to investigate...

oh just great....blame it on me. G'head!!! Join the crowd! listen, serious, there's a long line of people, that think i flipped my wig a LONG TIME away,....(i wrote a really long response, but "x"'ed it, not coz i dont think you worth it, i'm just tired of having to feel like i have to justify myself)

i dont have to justify myself. i just got screamed at, by a long time friend, when i DARED ask him if he saw Rand talking yesterday.

he screamed, calling Rand all sorts of names, screaming at me, saying he doesnt want to "talk politics".....and this guy, who was a good friend, just joins the ranks, of other friends, ALL from the city, who i was once tight with, but when they had that recent anti-2nd amendment PUSH going on?...every single person i used to hang out with, run with....they all joined the crowd...."oh, guns are bad.....ban assualt rifles, etc"...this guy today, who was screaming at me?....i didnt once adopt his tone...didnt raise my voice, in fact i was saying, "hey i'm sorry, i didnt mean to upset you, i dont "argue" at all"...when the reality is.....when he was going on and on, with this anti-2nd amendment stuff, i NEVER 'called him" on his hypocrisy, which is...the kid's an ex-felon (drug pinches) he couldn't even purchase a firearm if WANTED to....but i never said that to him, or in public.....a social media platform, like facebook.

know why i didnt say anything?...coz i didnt want to hurt him. thats the key; words can either hurt, or they can heal, its our choice.

that said, the bravest man in America today is Senator Rand Paul because he had the balls to say what nobody else in America is saying...OR asking.

so there ya go.

you know I'm just teasing you, Neil :lol: Sorry to hear your friend went off the deep end like that. For the most part, we're a very small minority here... but at least we have each other to chat with :thumbup: Rand Paul for 2016? If the country still remains?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chief » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm

beauanderos wrote:you know I'm just teasing you, Neil :lol: Sorry to hear your friend went off the deep end like that. For the most part, we're a very small minority here... but at least we have each other to chat with :thumbup: Rand Paul for 2016? If the country still remains?

I second this motion. :thumbup:
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 pm

oh Ray...i knew you were teasing!!!

i'm just feeling raw....if it wasnt for my brother, 15 miles south, he was the one that brought me into the Libertarian ranks back when we were young, 1982, and my ridgetop neighbor, who's become a best pal....i'd be a pretty lonely fella.

and this forum?......it IS a great place, and we ARE a minority. Tell ya what? this forum is probably the only place, where if somebody got it in 'em, to suggest a get together? say in a central locale?......like a 'camp meeting'?....i'd be there, and looking forward to it!

its probably impossible, because we are all spread out, this great nation, and people are busy, plus any sort of trip, thats worthwhile, would cost a thousand....but its nice to think about.

you know i'm looking at?...just came via the postal gal.....a BU roll of 1944-P Washingtons that i was actually able to 'sneak in" on Ebay, and get for 22 times!.......its beautiful Ray.....all clean reeds, for $226...think about it, could i even HOPE to get say, a solid date roll of Walking Liberty 1944 Halves...BU's for $226?....no way!

more like $550-650......what is it about quarters that guys dont like?

1940's era Mercury dimes, Walking halves...we're talking big premiums......Washingtons?...forget it! nobodies interested....why?

dont get me wrong...its GREAT!! its 7.23 toz of silver for 226! thats a scosh over $30 an ounce, for .18 toz fractionals...come on! you cant beat that.

thats what i love about sneaking in and picking up rolls of BU 40% Kennedy's.....each coin is .15 toz silver....AND you can usually get them at the "board" price...which is "melt".

i say that, because i know you've been talking of fractionals, and i've taken that to heart....its the way to go. Of course, we stack .999 Eagles....full toz's...yes.

i also just got a copy of "Full Faith and Credit" by James Cook....one of the gang suggested it,,,should be a good read, fondly, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals