Would you sell these?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I have a chance to sell $30 in AU-BU 1964 halves for 24x + shipping. Would you do it?

Yes
44%
No, (please leave a comment telling us why you would not sell them)
56%

Total votes : 36

Would you sell these?

Postby JobIII » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

Just curious to see what everyone else thinks about this. We've been collecting them from previous buys and trades.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Re: Would you sell these?

Postby JobIII » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:47 am

Well i'm not a major company, so my costs are much lower. But still that's a pretty nice number :D

Also i'm not committing to BU coins, as these were pulled from sales so I don't know for certain the exact grade.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

This dealer seems to find BU enders them all the time he just flips them on e-bay along with 19 other unsearched halves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-BU-SILVER- ... 7675.l2557
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OtusLotus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:28 pm

NO!

Why? Isn't 25x, 30x, or 50x a nicer number?

If you wanted to sell, then you should have done it a few months ago when silver was at $32.

Selling at a little premium in depressed markets never sounds like a good idea to me!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm

The stubborn optimist in me won't sell AU/BU or proof silver right now. Most sales right now are at 22x anyway, so $1 more per coin wouldn't be worth it to me. BUT, that said, I don't know what your margin on these is. If you bought at 12x and are just flipping for profit, then I guess that is different.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm

OtusLotus wrote:NO!

Why? Isn't 25x, 30x, or 50x a nicer number?

If you wanted to sell, then you should have done it a few months ago when silver was at $32.

Selling at a little premium in depressed markets never sounds like a good idea to me!

agreed
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Sell? Sell? Not likely - not unless you need the cash. I've never sold any pm and don't plan to anytime soon. First, there isn't anywhere else I would rather have it invested in right now and Second, I belive too strongly that it will be much more valuable in the future.

Now I have thought about what I would do if I happened to find something REALLY rare or valuable sorting. One of those daydreams of finding that half worth $100,000 or more. Since I'm not really a numi guy I would probably sell/swap it and go for the ounces.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby baggerman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 pm

No because I don't sell Ag only buy for the stack.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Selling makes sense if the paradigm (the old paradigm of plentitude) remains the same and the halves can be replaced. The question being asked is not whether silver should be flipped for a profit, but in particular... whether these BU halves should be turned at 24X in a 22X market. If the proceeds will be used to increase the stack of 22X, resulting in more stacked ounces than before... then it makes sense to increase your stack. We are fast entering the environment, though, where silver will no longer be bought and sold as it has been in the past. Once we reach a point of above ground physical silver depletion that is obvious to everyone... leading to a pricing divergence between real world and COMEX derived fairy tales... then why would anyone be willing to sell irreplaceable silver at any fiat price? This is the primary reason I have personally cut WAY back on my own selling... what are you going to do with small profits anyway? Buy more metals, of course. And if there are none available to purchase? Then why sell in the first place? Picture an inverted pyramid.... the base level is buyers, at the apex (inverted) is physical supply. The more buyers that enter, the less silver there is for all involved. The only thing that will drive limited availability is massive price increases... and those weak hands who succumb to selling pressure temptations will have nothing but remorse with each subsequent price leap. "Silver selling" is not sustainable... we have already passed peak availability. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rosco » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 am

No this is prime goods Keep as part of base Stack Sell Circ WL 8-)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Aqualung48 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:24 am

This dealer seems to find BU enders them all the time he just flips them on e-bay along with 19 other unsearched halves.

Thogey: Notice how only one end of the roll is shown on those BU enders? Ever think the seller just unrolls the other end, inserts one BU 90% silver and then 19 clads? It is so easy to do this and either roll up or fold the other end that I would never consider buying one of these 'spec' rolls. I have no doubt this seller is operating on Pt Barnum's theory “There's a sucker born every minute.”
Aqualung48
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:02 am

Aqualung48 wrote:

Thogey: Notice how only one end of the roll is shown on those BU enders? Ever think the seller just unrolls the other end, inserts one BU 90% silver and then 19 clads? It is so easy to do this and either roll up or fold the other end that I would never consider buying one of these 'spec' rolls. I have no doubt this seller is operating on Pt Barnum's theory “There's a sucker born every minute.”

I actually had considered that :roll: :? :lol:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Beau » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

I voted yes but I would hold them for a few weeks silver is headed up.
nothing to base the up on except my beleive and others on the net.
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Sell them when prices are in at least the mid-30's. Prices (and premiums) are too low to sell now. Just my 2 copper cents.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wagsthadog » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi there-

Dont sell unless you need the money! (fiat money)

Or, unless youre going to reinvest the funds into something else you like-

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby everything » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 pm

I put yes, but personally I like halves so I never sell them. Even my 40% collection is kind of getting out of hand, now those I would kind of like to move. I think we are hitting a peak investment demand for silver, it needs to unwind, but probably won't until silver prices go sideways for a longer period of time.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:43 pm

everything wrote:I put yes, but personally I like halves so I never sell them. Even my 40% collection is kind of getting out of hand, now those I would kind of like to move. I think we are hitting a peak investment demand for silver, it needs to unwind, but probably won't until silver prices go sideways for a longer period of time.

So you think the price will fall after going sideways? Just want to make sure since that's a rather unusual sentiment for this forum...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals