Ponce Makes it to The Big Time

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ponce Makes it to The Big Time

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8OR0zb018g I've got to start watching more of this guy's videos... mirrors my thinking almost exactly. Ponce is mentioned in closing. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Ponce Makes it to The Big Time

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am

Interesting mention about Ponce. Wonder who this guys that does the videos knows Ponce from? Wonder if he is on here?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am

Saying this for the zillionth time... for the other readers, not the above posters who already know this.

Having the metal is important. But... it MUST be held on to. The PURPOSE of it is to transfer capital THROUGH the crisis, not to use during the crisis.

Ask yourself what that means. It means you must also prepare elsewise. You must have food, water, shelter, medicine, physical protection, power. And the metal must be protected.

Prepare. It's CRITICAL.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby PennyPauper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

"If you don't hold it,you don't own it." Very wise indeed.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Agh, post deleted.
What is the timeframe for this? Year, years?
I can post my original comment after a bit.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:Saying this for the zillionth time... for the other readers, not the above posters who already know this.

Having the metal is important. But... it MUST be held on to. The PURPOSE of it is to transfer capital THROUGH the crisis, not to use during the crisis.

Ask yourself what that means. It means you must also prepare elsewise. You must have food, water, shelter, medicine, physical protection, power. And the metal must be protected.

Prepare. It's CRITICAL.

Wise words! Even those of us who know occasionally need reminding.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm

It was strange to hear Ponce's name invoked. His posts were entertaining reads. He would sometimes come off as a little "out there" but then turned around and said something very profound. I have a respectable stash of nickels thanks to Ponce and Ardent Listener. The circumstances of his departure were odd to say the least. As I remember it Ponce said something controversial that another member took offense and called him on it. Ponce replied to the effect that he no longer belonged here and that he was leaving. . . and that was the last time we heard from him.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

theo wrote:It was strange to hear Ponce's name invoked. His posts were entertaining reads. He would sometimes come off as a little "out there" but then turned around and said something very profound. I have a respectable stash of nickels thanks to Ponce and Ardent Listener. The circumstances of his departure were odd to say the least. As I remember it Ponce said something controversial that another member took offense and called him on it. Ponce replied to the effect that he no longer belonged here and that he was leaving. . . and that was the last time we heard from him.

this was fun to reread... old names that you don't see anymore

http://realcent.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12509&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=%2Cponce

beauanderos

Postby RichardPenny43 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Interesting mention about Ponce. Wonder who this guys that does the videos knows Ponce from? Wonder if he is on here?

Chris Duane is the guy doing the videos.
The same guy behind the SBSS coins.

beauanderos wrote:this was fun to reread... old names that you don't see anymore

http://realcent.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12509&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=%2Cponce

Thanks for posting,
You solved the "who is Ponce" mystery for me.
Interesting old man.

I saw kirkland's posts too. (I figured out he was just a troll awhile ago)
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bankmining » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Lemon Thrower's buy offer for silver dollars ($15) made me smile.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Isn't Ponce a cuban/israeli jew? :lol:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 am

Read that entire thread again. It was about 9 months before my start. Whatever happened doesn't appear in the thread, but Ponce last posted to that one on 2/17 and then by 2nd week of March people were posting good-byes to him.

He's apparently been a character on various forums for awhile - GIM was mentioned - so he was apparently somewhat "famous" well before RC.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Thogey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 am

He left after posting a thread about Joe Stack being his hero, most here disagreed.

So he decided it was time to go.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 am

Thogey wrote:He left after posting a thread about Joe Stack being his hero, most here disagreed.

Hmmm. Had to Google the name but now remember. And yeah that was at that time.

Well Ponce was on the edge for sure.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

Thogey wrote:He left after posting a thread about Joe Stack being his hero, most here disagreed.

I vaguely remember something like that. I didn't want to spend too much time searching the archives, the thread I linked seemed provocative enough. It's over there somewhere... there were only three pages of Ponce on the search page
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:29 pm

PennyPauper wrote:"If you don't hold it,you don't own it." Very wise indeed.

What if its buried in your yard?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 pm

Treetop wrote:
PennyPauper wrote:"If you don't hold it,you don't own it." Very wise indeed.

What if its buried in your yard?

That's a hold. Like a wrestling move.The fianchetto is also available.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Joe Stack? Guess I was asleep then too. Maybe too busy sorting. Time to read the archives again. It used to be so much fun researching the collection. A dry sponge absorbes quicker than one already moistened.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 pm

"[b]heyyyyyyyyy what can I tell you, Ponce is Ponce"[/b]
hobo finds

Postby bankmining » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

This thread also made me think of our founder Realcent himself. I think he had a batman avatar. He left before I joined but I remember him from my lurker days here. Anyone know why he left?
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals