What?!......"Cyprus?"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: What?!......"Cyprus?"

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm

beauanderos wrote:There's some heated debate on this subject over on BS. Interesting to hear some additional viewpoints by other "members" of our stacking communities.

http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13686

"heated" for sure.....reading that thread over there, underlines why i love it here. Gang, band of brothers, lets never get like that.

i myself vow to always address , ya'll, as dear brothers...life's too short, and its getting nasty out there....whatever we gotta do, lets keep this a safe haven, where's its okay to say what you think, and at worst, agree to disagree......hope you enjoy that 46 minute sick comedy....fondly and respectfully submitted , Douglas C Niedermeyer.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Scary story. Things like this make me more determined NOT to become a financial victim!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Neil, the discussion over there is fine. Those two will kiss and make up later, much like we do here. From time to time heated is important. Heated gets the rawest and realest out of us. I love when stuff gets heated.

On this site, from time to time, things get wacky. I cannot get away from my phone or laptop when it happens. And it isn't because I'm enjoying bloodsport, it's because base, raw thoughts are exposed in "heat". It happens to me too! Some of the political discussions on this site get "heated" to say the least! But in the anger, I learn things (as long as I'm not in the middle of it, I have to learn later if I'm in it.) Fire burns away the masks, it reveals what is true.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm

nikkei is getting pounded...

djia futures are down big too...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby 93_Confirmed » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 pm

This kind of crazy bullsh!t is why I refuse to store my PMs in a safe deposit box (or keep savings in a bank account).
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby Z00 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Safe- deposit box:
PVCPipeSafe.jpg
PVCPipeSafe.jpg (11.32 KiB) Viewed 345 times
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 am

I read about this last night, and woke up this morning thinking about it again. It doesn't seem real. A nation just stealing 6-10% of bank deposited money. It's almost one of those "is this really happening?" moments. If this "works," you know every government in the world is going to be looking at it. With all of the "rich vs. poor" stuff being spouted at the highest levels of our government, I can easily see a "wealth tax" coming. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I don't have enough money in the bank to worry about. But there are people who do, and I hope they can see the handwriting on the wall. I still just can't wrap my head around this yet. Crazy stuff.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Neil, the discussion over there is fine. Those two will kiss and make up later, much like we do here. From time to time heated is important. Heated gets the rawest and realest out of us. I love when stuff gets heated.

On this site, from time to time, things get wacky. I cannot get away from my phone or laptop when it happens. And it isn't because I'm enjoying bloodsport, it's because base, raw thoughts are exposed in "heat". It happens to me too! Some of the political discussions on this site get "heated" to say the least! But in the anger, I learn things (as long as I'm not in the middle of it, I have to learn later if I'm in it.) Fire burns away the masks, it reveals what is true.

Bro, i hear ya...for me?...i'd rather stay low and humble, tell the other fella, "you're right". The days are darkening quickly, and for me to engage something in that manner?....naw. i dont do drama, unless there's a pay check at the end of it..know what i mean? i KNOW myself, and i can be the most dark hearted, ugly summasbtch ever to walk on two feet, and i loathe that side of myself. So coming here, is a respite from all the yelling and hatred thats out there in the world...for my heart, i wont put any kindling on that fire.

Besides, we'll ALL have the opportunity to be nasty FOR REAL, if tshtf. When you see me taking a head, putting it on a ironwood stake, and fixing it into the ground at the front of this dirt lane, with a lil sign underneath, that says. "CEP OUT".....then i'll have crossed the rubicon into some dark terrain of the heart. i pray that day never comes. because THAT will mean, i'm a 'son of the darkness', another thing i NEVER wanna be.

About Cyprus........i'm trying to figure out, "whats next"...this is a rapidly evolving situation, but bless good ole OBAAT, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 am

Hawkeye wrote:I read about this last night, and woke up this morning thinking about it again. It doesn't seem real. A nation just stealing 6-10% of bank deposited money. It's almost one of those "is this really happening?" moments. If this "works," you know every government in the world is going to be looking at it. With all of the "rich vs. poor" stuff being spouted at the highest levels of our government, I can easily see a "wealth tax" coming. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I don't have enough money in the bank to worry about. But there are people who do, and I hope they can see the handwriting on the wall. I still just can't wrap my head around this yet. Crazy stuff.

yeh, me neither...its GOT to be a test case, and what a perfect "test case"......an island....western civ values, they try it out there, since its an "island" the flames can be contained....but yeh Hawk, its a real nutcruncher to wrap your head around, aint it?

its commie, or nazi kleptocracy, where they can just thieve at will....this is very deliberate and THATS what so spooky about the whole thing......thats why i pinned up that 46 minute film.......just watch it a while and laugh, if we fret about this stuff all day long...?

we just keep focused on stacking, and like i said to everyone here...if you CAN, get rural!!!...n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 am

The latest BS on the Cyprus theft....

The vote has been put off another day "to give time to work out an amended deal"

Right ... the EU ministers have already said they don't care about the details, as long as the bottom line is the same. The latest idea = 3% under 100k, 10% 100-500k, 15% over 500k.

The TRUTH is .. they don't have the votes to pass it and they are trying to do some arm wringing to insure the votes. Meanwhile an informal poll shows that 71% of the populace is AGAINST it.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am

Only 71%? That shows how silly polls are.

My thoughts exactly on this being a test. It wont be the last.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 am

who says they're after the people? What if they're real target IS the Russian mafia? You think our govt wouldn't love to raid the Cayman Island banks to get to the drug cartel's stash?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 am

agmoose wrote:Only 71%? That shows how silly polls are.

My thoughts exactly on this being a test. It wont be the last.

The 29% don't have any money, are living on the state, and have no hope of having any money because they won't work.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:15 pm

This involves banks. How about credit unions? I wonder if these would be exempt...?

Not like I have a ton of fiat for them to take....I cannot imagine that happening here, especially with an economy the size of ours.

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and 10 percent of your account balance was just GONE?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Z00 wrote:The latest BS on the Cyprus theft....

The vote has been put off another day "to give time to work out an amended deal"

Right ... the EU ministers have already said they don't care about the details, as long as the bottom line is the same. The latest idea = 3% under 100k, 10% 100-500k, 15% over 500k.

The TRUTH is .. they don't have the votes to pass it and they are trying to do some arm wringing to insure the votes. Meanwhile an informal poll shows that 71% of the populace is AGAINST it.

71% of the populace is AGAINST it?? Hmm....I wonder why that might be. :lol:

Sure, go ahead, I don't need that extra 10 percent of my money that I've saved up.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Look, guys. Jon Corzine still walks around, a free man. If they're not going to arrest that son-of-a-bisquit eater, it's a clear indication that the bankstas are totally emboldened and have no fear of arrest. There will be no jail time for major figures in the lofty world of finance. There will be no trials of these blood-sucking animals until a majority of the citizens have lost everything. Then the guillotines will be sharpened. But before then, the Rothschilds will cheerfully start another world war and rape the citizens of the world of even more wealth, cause even more death of innocents, break even more hearts. The super-wealthy are pathological.

It's not us versus the Russians, or us vs. the Chinese, or us vs. the Iranians! It's us versus the 0.01% in a death match.

You nailed it brother.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:This involves banks. How about credit unions? I wonder if these would be exempt...?

Not like I have a ton of fiat for them to take....I cannot imagine that happening here, especially with an economy the size of ours.

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and 10 percent of your account balance was just GONE?

I would think that deposits are deposits, whether credit unions or traditional banks.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Harvey Organ in is post today had a great one liner in his blog today:
There is now a premium for cash in your mattress!

Ouch! It appears the truth hurts doesn't it? The question is will this crazy idea that is being implemented in Cyprus spread. My gut tells me it is highly likely a version of this is coming to a country near you!

So, how crazy are things getting now???

Bill Maher said on his show this weekend that rich people do pay more than their fair share in taxes. Referring to high taxes in California, he complained, “Liberals, you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous.”

Wow, I guess the end is nearer than I thought...
Copper Catcher

Postby agmoose » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 pm

I saw his comment, but dismiss it as an attempt to draw ratings to a sinking ship.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 pm

My guess on the Russian response? And remember, Have A Nice Day!
Copper Catcher

Postby Engineer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Harvey Organ in is post today had a great one liner in his blog today:
There is now a premium for cash in your mattress!

I'm liking bricks of nickels better every day. They're hard for the average person to steal/liquidate in large quantities, worth their weight in raw materials, occasionally contain silver or numismatics, and in the case of an emergency it wouldn't be too hard to cash in $1000 or more a day.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Just give it awhile and you'll see 1% tax on our deposit/withdraws... Just wait..
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:Just give it awhile and you'll see 1% tax on our deposit/withdraws... Just wait..

oh... wait... we already have that... it's called inflation :sick: :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm

beauanderos wrote:
reddirtcoins wrote:Just give it awhile and you'll see 1% tax on our deposit/withdraws... Just wait..

oh... wait... we already have that... it's called inflation :sick: :shock:

Very true. Every dollar I have sitting in a bank take a haircut every single year. Annoying.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm

I think we'll see them go after 401k's here long before they try this bank tax method. They'll force all public employees to invest in treasuries, something along those lines.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals