Silver Tumbling

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Tumbling

Postby Silver Runner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Anyone aware of why silver is tumbling today? :shock: Daily movements rarely concern me, but today's is a big one.

Thanks,
Silver Runner
Silver Runner
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Silver Tumbling

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Have you only been watching silver for a month? 48 cents? That's not a substantial move. That happens frequently.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I saw the subject line of this post and it got me nervous so I quickly skipped over to Kitco!! I am with Barry on this one, that nothing to worry about.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:59 pm

NHsorter wrote:I saw the subject line of this post and it got me nervous so I quickly skipped over to Kitco!! I am with Barry on this one, that nothing to worry about.

Same here :lol:

It gained ~50 cents the other day and it wasn't a big move. Dropping ~50 cents isn't a big move either. Less than a 2% change.
natsb88

Postby Slaphot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Way to freak a guy out! :evil:
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:06 pm

I like the mirror image on the chart.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Country » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:29 pm

slickeast wrote:I like the mirror image on the chart.

Seems like the same timing as yesterday. Probably, the same organization at the same time that made the 2% move higher yesterday. Sure does look unusual. Perhaps a test of some sort. :?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby SilverEye » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 pm

I like it when silver drops a bit before the weekend. If I buy 4 ounces this weekend, I'll make 'em look up spot so I save a couple bucks. I'm so cheap.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 pm

SilverEye wrote:I like it when silver drops a bit before the weekend. If I buy 4 ounces this weekend, I'll make 'em look up spot so I save a couple bucks. I'm so cheap.

As do I. Gives me all weekend to contemplate my order without fear that it wil jump up before I commit.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 pm

The move south was quick and sudden. It seemed to coincide with news about Cyprus and a potential change in their bank tax policy.
Use the drop to your advantage if you can find sellers willing to lower their price.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 pm

it wasnt too long ago that silver & gold was really low. In 2007, 14k gold was scrapping at only $10.00 per gram. In 2007, US 90% silver was only going for 9X face. I was selling rolls of US silver quarters for $80.00 each, and rolls of dimes for $45.00, man I wish I could go back in time, and made my self hang onto all that gold and silver I sold. I sold ounces, and ounces, and ounces of gold for around $600.00 per oz. I was selling AU double eagles for $700.00-$800.00, I sold buckets and buckets of 90% when silver was less than half of what it is today........If only I held it for a little bit longer. No matter how low the metals go now, they will still be high......I dont think they will ever go as low as what they were when I cashed out. :(
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 pm

I saw the title and thought he was talking about running it through a rock tumbler to clean up the ugly ones. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:38 pm

I remember when I used to have 7 100 oz englehard bars. They weren't worth anything so I used them as doorstops. Bought them at 400 and sold them at 440. I remember I used to collect proof $50 gold pieces by date. I had 2 sets going. Needed some spare cash one day and sold them off for $450 each. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby frugi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:48 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I saw the title and thought he was talking about running it through a rock tumbler to clean up the ugly ones. :mrgreen:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I did too. Once a rock tumbler always a rock tumbler. I dont do it anymore, but I still have my tumbler, and that was exactly what I thought when I saw the title. lol
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I remember when I used to have 7 100 oz englehard bars. They weren't worth anything so I used them as doorstops. Bought them at 400 and sold them at 440. I remember I used to collect proof $50 gold pieces by date. I had 2 sets going. Needed some spare cash one day and sold them off for $450 each. :mrgreen:

I started saving silver when it was $3.75/ozt.; I was a junior in high school. I wish I kept it longer. :(

Silver Runner wrote:Anyone aware of why silver is tumbling today? :shock: Daily movements rarely concern me, but today's is a big one.

Thanks,
Silver Runner

Awhile back when those 10 ozt. world trade center 9/11 .999 silver bars came out I was selling them right and left for $125.00, kinda crazy compared to what silver goes for now. The point is, if you are watching silver day to day, it can be a rollercoaster, so the key is to buy and hold, buy and hold, buy and hold. Buy it with the intent on dying with it. That is the only way to preserve your wealth.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals