We might have MORE time than we think to stack

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

We might have MORE time than we think to stack

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 am

i sure do HOPE i aint the "Eddie Mush"...i'll save that clip to show ya the "The Mush" (from "Bronx Tales)

but i was reading this....just a little quote, and sometimes its the little things that give you the big picture:

quote:
"While Cyprus is just 0.2% of eurozone GDP at 18 billion euros, Chandler says in this case “size is not the key factor,” comparing it to Thailand in 1997, a small country which sparked the Asian financial crisis.

Europe's ongoing fiscal and banking crisis is a reminder of desire for safe haven currencies, like the Japanese yen. Chandler says this shock has interrupted the “yen devaluation story” which prominent investors including George Soros have reportedly been betting on.

And in terms of the U.S. Dollar, another safe haven currency, Chandler sees its appreciation this year as a more sustainable trend, based not just on safety but on the U.S. economy gaining traction." end quote

okay...you could say, "bs, the dollar is thru"....fair enough i'm not arguing. and Ben has been printing like crazy, and as long as the perception, among big money is that the dollar is safe haven, the preception becomes the reality, until it isnt.

now, we dont know exactly how Cyprus plays out, but my gut is, too many big players realize hopw bady the EU, ECB, and IMF, effed up, and now they're trying to walk this back, and put the fire out. 70/30 they put it out...short term, and we might just have gotten real blessed.

how?....we just got given a "tell", how in the future, things could go down....so, think about how to tighten up, your own "bank".

i do believe the dollar will hold a lot longer than people think, which IS GOOD...the longer silver bands in the $26-35 area?

OH!!!...its a GIFT.

all that said, i hope i ant a "Mush"...here's the original "Mush"....nope couldnt find it....basically Eddie Mush is a degenerate gambler, and whatever he bets on ALWAYS loses, so if Eddie bets on what you did...you just got mushed.

so here's a great scene from A Bronx Tale.....any prepper worth his salt should HEED this scene WELL

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: We might have MORE time than we think to stack

Postby Neckro » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am

WTF, was that filmed with a potato?
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 am

Neckro wrote:WTF, was that filmed with a potato?

hey...a lil lag....so sue me....oh!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

Good stuff Neil. I was talking to my father last night about just this. I could see a scenario where Germany and several of the Norweigen countries shed the Euro, and if that happens the Euro is DONE! Funny, I can remember just only a few years ago there were Hollywood types saying they want to be paid in Euros because the dollar isn't safe anymore...lol GOOD CALL!!!

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tedandcam » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Neckro wrote:WTF, was that filmed with a potato?

Maybe I just needed a good laugh, I don't know. But I haven't laughed that hard in 2 weeks :clap:
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby Silver Runner » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Glad to know that we still might have some time to stack... I fail to see why the dollar is continued to be viewed as a safe haven currency. It has been diminishing in that role for some time now. It is just strange to me that more people are not flocking to PMs with the news concerning Cyprus.
Silver Runner
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 am

Good movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch the whole thing.

Yeah, hey, this is what it was like growing up in Boston in the 70's. Organized crime had their fingers on everything (including the politicians). Couldn't start a business in Boston proper without...favors. Anyhow, when TSHTF, these guys are gonna have a field day running the black markets, don't you think?

Keep stacking gang.

Also, despite our collective dislike of federal reserve notes, don't you think we should have a few more on hand in our coffers along with our silver/gold stacks? Cyprus - a shot across the bow?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:57 pm

silverflake wrote:
Also, despite our collective dislike of federal reserve notes, don't you think we should have a few more on hand in our coffers along with our silver/gold stacks? Cyprus - a shot across the bow?

There are those who are both smarter and richer than I who advocate we will ultimately go into a deflationary scenario. That being the possible case then cash or currency is King as you will be able to buy more stuff with less $$.

Me? I try to cover my bases by allocating my resources by the percentage of the possible outcome based on what my brain thinks (this places me at a serious disadvantage).

Now having said that, I think the best cash to keep around are $20s for actual spending money in case the bank closes, then nickels and pennies. The nickels and pennies are cash stored away for use in case of deflation but are also stored value in case of inflation. Thus, they cover both the deflation/inflation bases with one runner. But one more reason to stack away.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Deflationary doesn't mean *everything* is cheaper. Generally far from it.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tedandcam » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 pm

barrytrot wrote:Deflationary doesn't mean *everything* is cheaper. Generally far from it.

Barry, please elaborate on what you mean here. I understand inflation. But, still haven't been able to wrap my mind around what deflation actually is. Is delation what occured during the Great Depression (not the one some people claimed to have occured in 2009 that another "Barry" pulled us out of with his economic guieness and some neatly groomed bald guy in a helicopter :thumbdown: ) ?
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:23 pm

tedandcam wrote:
barrytrot wrote:Deflationary doesn't mean *everything* is cheaper. Generally far from it.

Barry, please elaborate on what you mean here.

Definitely. Please detail Barry. Your keen insight requested.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Deflation is when the money supply contracts. It is considered by economists to be very dangerous to the modern fractional reserve system - because of leverage/fractional banking it can wipe out large amounts of credit/deposits very quickly when loans start defaulting due to a shortage of cash. In a non-fractional system there is nothing so bad about deflation it just means your money is worth more.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby tedandcam » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 pm

AG , thanks for your reply. Unfortunately , now it leads me to more questions.

(1) When (if ever) was the last time the US was not on a fractional reserve system?

(2) Would a run on the banks have a similar effect to the fractional reserve system as deflation would?

(3) Was there a run on the banks back in the 20's when the Depression hit?

(4) Is a run on the banks a cause of delation? An effect of deflation? Or totally unrelted to deflation?

If anyone would be so kind as to repsond I sure would appreciate it. I know there are some really smart people here that could help me (and others reading this thread). Thanks
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals