.Pawn Stars in Vegas buy $111,000 of Silver .

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

.Pawn Stars in Vegas buy $111,000 of Silver .

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:19 pm

i was youtubing and thought ya'll would get a kick out of this:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: .Pawn Stars in Vegas buy $111,000 of Silver .

Postby nabzy28 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Caught this when it initially aired and thought it was great. Glad to see them take the time to pass a little bit of history and meaning on to the general population with regard to the history of silver.
nabzy28

Postby chris6084 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I was in Vegas yesterday and happened to drive right past their store. I didn't know where it was, so just happened to pass it by chance. They had a line wrapped around the entire building to go in. I can't imagine them doing much business other than being a tourist trap now.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby KCBob31.1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:32 am

I can remember when I first moved to Vegas in 1992 they were there and doing good business. I had several transactions with them. From what I hear now they don't give you squat for your stuff and it's always crowded. I liked this episode because they actually gave him a good deal. So many times they low ball the crap out of people.
KCBob31.1

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am

I actually have this episode saved on my DVR just to drool every once in a while.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:10 am

KCBob31.1 wrote:I can remember when I first moved to Vegas in 1992 they were there and doing good business. I had several transactions with them. From what I hear now they don't give you squat for your stuff and it's always crowded. I liked this episode because they actually gave him a good deal. So many times they low ball the crap out of people.

I am sure they low ball people most of the time now because of their "FAME". People WANT to sell things to them so they can tell their friends "Hey I sold stuff to the Pawn Star guys".

That's the LAST place I would go to sell or buy anything. And I bet it works the same way with the stuff they are selling. I bet it is all OVERPRICED!! Just because you buying it from the "THE PAWN STARS"!!!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby KCBob31.1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 am

NDFarmer wrote:
KCBob31.1 wrote:I can remember when I first moved to Vegas in 1992 they were there and doing good business. I had several transactions with them. From what I hear now they don't give you squat for your stuff and it's always crowded. I liked this episode because they actually gave him a good deal. So many times they low ball the crap out of people.

I am sure they low ball people most of the time now because of their "FAME". People WANT to sell things to them so they can tell their friends "Hey I sold stuff to the Pawn Star guys".

That's the LAST place I would go to sell or buy anything. And I bet it works the same way with the stuff they are selling. I bet it is all OVERPRICED!! Just because you buying it from the "THE PAWN STARS"!!!!

KCBob31.1

Postby pennypicker » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am

Whether a pawn shop is famous or not they are still a pawn shop and they will low ball you everytime--a pig is still a pig. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals