ATB 5 oz...What happened?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

ATB 5 oz...What happened?

Postby Morsecode » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Two years ago, this board was buzzing about the release dates of these coins. Now nothing. No interest...or is this just another example of the Mint's greedy marketing killing off another series?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: ATB 5 oz...What happened?

Postby Robarons » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Found a 2011 glacier national park ATB 5oz Round Graded SP70 I think PGCS for $350

Not sure if its still a good deal- but all I can think of is 'meh'
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Well the first ones to came out could be had for under spot from several companies. I bought both a graded set and a non graded one for under spot. That is what all the buzz was about.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I have a set in the closet that I will sell when spot hits 40 bucks...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

When they came out that was when silver went for its shot at 50 so all silver was buzzing hard and these fit for a great investment vehicle. You could flip sets on e-bay for large profits for a while so it was pretty manic all around. I flipped a set but then bought another which I held on to for too long. I then got underwater with them once the initial craze went down and thought I would hold until silver went for another shot up towards Hunt Bros numbers. Been waiting a while. I will sell all except one or two of them at some point. The volcano one I really like and would not mind having one of if I could find a deal.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Member » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:18 am

I'm still all over these. Lowest mints this year yet for the series. Was a great op to fllip the Hawaii after it went dark. Still trading at the $500 price point. I do not collect much personally, but I do these and the occasional toned ASE's.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby daviscfad » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:01 am

I really like the atb coins but the premiums are to much. Thats why i do not buy
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sterling Silver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 pm

I think the record demand for the Eagles is making it difficult to get the 5oz planchets...Don't want anymore headlines about shortages at the mint...just my humble opinion.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals