Dear Patrick

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Dear Patrick

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Kudos Ray:

I find it very satisfying and am quite pleased that several of our members have had their thoughts and ideas validated by an expert in the field. But, it all started with the passion, motivation and subsequent action (dare I call him an activist?) of just one person setting something into motion that makes something happen. The fun really starts when that something reaches a critical mass with other <<DO>>ers and takes on a life of it's own much above and beyond the original thought and action that created it. When this happens, the creator smiles greatly. :D

Facilitate activists, they make change happen.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm

I just reread my hurried first letter to Patrick. It's actually unintentionally funny. Did any of you catch it?

"We MUST do something to protect the consumer against fake Chinese counterfeits. Any assistance you can lend would be much appreciated."

I guess we don't need to be on the lookout for any fake counterfeits... it's the real ones that should concern us :shock: :shifty: :lol: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby dannan14 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

johnbrickner wrote:Facilitate activists, they make change happen.

Thank you, i do my best :)

Tomorrow morning i will be a part of an action at Wells Fargo regarding their illegal and fraudulent foreclosure activities. Fighting against these carpetbaggers is just one of the ways i do my part to serve the People. However, no matter what the cause i always appreciate when people recognize that activism has a very long history of priming social change.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Well written letter and a good response.

+4 ;)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 am

Morsecode wrote:As I said before, the only one of these fakes they'd even remotely be interested in are the current issue ASE & AGE, since those would be in direct competition with the Feds.

They went after Not Haus. He supposedly was trying to cajole people to use his coins as substitute for US currency. Wonder how the fed would feel if people said, screw it and traded fake Chinese silver eagles, even if they are fake coins . Huh? Wonder how the fed would like those Chinese apples. Fiat is fiat. So, let the Chinese make fake coins. Seriously, it puts a damper on me collecting to some degree, but the irony is nothing backs the paper money we see people kill people over.

We will need a moment where people just do not care if the government makes paper dollars and starts trading paperclips and fake Chinese eagles, etc. simply because they realize it does not matter. Now, do you really think the government wants people to even consider disavowing themselves of fiat fed dollars? Do you really think the fed wants people aware there are fake american eagles tarnishing the government's ability to keep its currency line pure? If they ignore the fakes, the message is that people are given a pass on using them and passing them. Sure, they can be confiscated, but wouldn't it be interesting to see how they make that public knowledge and put it into the public debate arena, much like they do with guns, and everything else that seems to get people concerned about our welfare and social standing.

So, the funny thing is, let the Chinese send us fake coins. If you determine they are fake, what is to stop you from playing along with the government methodology and just using the fake coins for trade? The government will make an example of little guys to squash the knock-offs perhaps? Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Chinese sold these fakes for less than a dollar apiece to us?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am

beauanderos wrote:I just reread my hurried first letter to Patrick. It's actually unintentionally funny. Did any of you catch it?

"We MUST do something to protect the consumer against fake Chinese counterfeits. Any assistance you can lend would be much appreciated."

I guess we don't need to be on the lookout for any fake counterfeits... it's the real ones that should concern us :shock: :shifty: :lol: :lol:

Ray, let the Chinese flood the market with fakes. It drives the price up for non-fake specimens and puts it out there that our US currency is hanging by a thread. Cats and dogs sleeping together kind of stuff. Last thing the fed wants is people realizing that currency is confidence game pretty much.............
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:29 pm

I wouldn't care if they counterfeited out of 90% silver, as some did in the distant past when the silver content was worth less than the coin. :) I would call them a "real" counterfeit, versus a base metal fake counterfeit. Not to split the hair too fine. ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm

68Camaro wrote:I wouldn't care if they counterfeited out of 90% silver, as some did in the distant past when the silver content was worth less than the coin. :) I would call them a "real" counterfeit, versus a base metal fake counterfeit. Not to split the hair too fine. ;)

well... at least that weigh you'd be getting your melt value out of them :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals